Meadowdale Beach Trails

Meadowdale Beach Trails is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Edmonds, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Great trail for getting ready for major incline hiking trails good cardio

Well worth the trip. Very limited parking. Great for dogs and children. Remember returning is uphill. Olympics view from beach is the best.

Like it

This is my go to hike. I usually hike/walk it 2 times per week. When I show up I do the hike twice for the workout. It’s a little different than most hikes. You go down for 1.1 miles to start. There are a few steep areas, but nothing too bad. The beach is a nice little reward for making it down. Porta potty at the bottom and in the upper parking lot. Noticed some kids smoking weed in the upper porta a few days ago. I told them to move on. Going up the trail is relatively easy for 1/2 mile. When you hit the hill before the stairs, be ready for your workout. As a little something different, I take the left at the bench above the stairs. It goes to the west side of the parking lot. I think it’s a little steeper than the main trail. Parking sucks at time. Many of the street areas are no Parking which makes it a bit tougher. Trail is wide and no problems passing or being passed. Friendly folks as far as I’ve seen.

This is one of my favorite hikes as it’s so close to home. Easy going in and more challenging on the way out as this is a reverse hike where the destination is downhill. Amazing views as you go through the tunnel and it opens onto the beach.

Great on the way down! Awesome beach beautiful little place for kids to play, bathrooms and a hand wash station available, saw a sea lion and lots of birds. It’s a hike on the way back since it’s all up hill, but it’s definitely a place I will be back to! Very nice for kids.

Parking was a little tight, we arrived around 12 in the afternoon, had to park a few streets up and walk, but there’s a bathroom in the parking lot and a few at the beach. Worth the trip.

One of my favorite places for an early morning hike. The beach is a relaxing mid-hike reward before the uphill return— which is definitely a calf workout! Great for a quick hike or trail running.

I will suggest this for any relaxed hiker with little ones. If you are a not a fan of open air hiking, this is the one for you; the whole hike is through the forest.

Since it ends at a beach, kids will enjoy it. There is a close by park as well

More a walk than a hike on the way down to the beach but definitely a hike on the way up. Calling it moderate would be more accurate - it’s definitely a workout on the way back to the car. The beach is nice and the forest itself is beautiful.

Great trail for a slow relaxing day with the littles!

just down loaded app to suggest trails to walk on. this one said easy. beautiful relaxing trail to walk along was extremely surprised at the end was a huge beach. very easy to get down but pretty hard climbing back up the hills. kinda wondering what the app meant by saying the path was easy to walk along or if climbing the hill back up was easy. bit misleading.

Feels like a walk on the way down, feels like a hike on the way up. The best part is how the water just sort of pops out of the woods you’ve been walking in. Beautiful space.

Wonderful, beautiful trail for hiking and absolutely beautiful beach at the end of the hike. Such a beautiful reward at the end of a hike! About 2 1/2 miles there and back. Great workout on the way back, as it's up hill. Wonderful place to bring your dog and family!

This hike is dog and kid friendly. Dogs MUST BE ON A LEASH! Not a lot of people respect this rule but otherwise a great hike. Its basically all downhill to the beach and all uphill to get back to your car.

not so easy

Easy to Moderate hike we did with friends who don’t hike much, their dogs and little one. It is an easy hike down, but I would consider rating it a little harder than easy, not quite moderate hike back up. There are many benches on the way for those who may need a little break. Lots of tree coverage to keep it nice and cool.

I was referred to this hike by tons of friends. Let me first start by I think it should be listed as a moderate hike not an easy one that’s for sure. I haven’t been able to hike in a long time due to my medical conditions so I wanted to try a short but beautiful hike. I don’t think my friends kept in mind my medical conditions though. It was a struggle to get back up. But I took it really slow and stopped my times. At least there are plenty of little resting places to stop at. And many benches along the way back up to the top. Smaller children were having a hard time with the hike back up as well. But I do have to say it was very beautiful and rewarding. The hike down was super easy and very green along the way, with a little stream right along side of the path most of the time. So the sound of running water was almost constant. Very soothing. We got there and it was a little chilly walking down to the bottom. But perfectly warmed up for hike back up. When you get down to bottom you get to an open field. Then you walk through a tunnel. At other end of that tunnel is the beautiful beach. Such an amazing scene. I brought along with me my mother, who is in her 60’s and my nephew who is 11. I’m 38. I would do this hike again but would wait a bit longer until I’m a bit stronger for the hike back up. Nobody warned me of that hike back up. I would suggest checking this one out for sure. It’s only about a 2 mile round trip.

More like a walk than a hike but super fun to do with littles. The beach at the end is great and is a perfect spot for rock skipping, exploring, and picnicking. I definitely recommend this if you’re looking to have a laid back, family day.

Great trail. Beach is ok.

My happy place

My happy place

Great little hike if you are crunched on time but want a serene view. I'm new to the PNW and I feel like this offers a great glimpse even though it's in such an urban area. Down sides would be minimal parking and is highly trafficked.

Beautiful and well maintained. Such a nice walk. Returning back is a lot of uphill. Great cardio. LOTS of people on a Sunday. A little noisy if you’re looking for peaceful nature.

Very good for small dogs!

Loved it.

cute hike with the kids, nice picnic area at the bottem and beautiful beach.

Beautiful, well maintained trail. Our family enjoyed it. The beach was beautiful and lots of space to have your own area, up or down the beach. Perfect for kids, although the climb back up the hill definitely got the kids whining a bit. My three sons (3,5,12) survived it just fine. 4 stars because parking is very limited. Enjoy!

wonderful trail with beach access at the end!! it's beautiful and easy, with kids play area and BBQ space. not enough parking space though.

This was a great family hike... I think we had about 25 kids in our group today and they all did great. Like others have said it’s pretty steep on the way back but we all made it with the youngest being 2 years old. The trail is very well kept and there is bathrooms at the beginning and the end which is nice. There isn’t very much parking but we were able to find parking on a nearby street.

Great view beautiful trail and good short workout!