Meadowdale Beach Trails

Meadowdale Beach Trails is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Edmonds, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Quite steep, but worth it once you get down to the beach

Beautiful trail, but very steep.

Fantastic view and moderate amount of walking!

Was there several times. Easy to access; good for a half day exercise.

This trail is 1 mile downhill to the beach and 1 mile uphill from the beach. this trail is unique, I find it Harder going downhill than coming uphill on this trail. the path is wide and smooth and has benches. Beach is nice and quiet. tall trees. very nice.

This trail has an even split. it seems like 1 mile downhill to the beach and 1 mile uphill from the beach. Very unique but, I find it Harder going downhill than uphill on this trail. Beach is very nice and quiet. trail is very wide and smooth surface. there are benches for resting along the way.

The trail itself was well maintained with a great payoff once you make it to the beach. The incline on the way back up was pretty tough for our 5year old so we had to take a lot of breaks, but overall it was a great hike.

This trail had more decline/incline than I had imagined from past reviews, but a lovely hike nonetheless and a beautiful beach at the end to relax and eat lunch.

It’s a nice short trail that leads to the shore. Back trails are really nice as well. A lot of forest with occasional streams.

easy walk to the beach.

Fairly easy trail. Great to hike here in the summer.

Great short but intense and BEAUTIFUL hike

Great hike!!

This is one of my favorites. The secret is out so there is a lot of traffic sometimes. Trail and destination scenery is awesome. Just try it at least once.

GOT MY WINDOW SMASHED!!
Great walk down to the beach, but they were people waiting in the parking lot for people to walk down (1 mile) the the beach ... so they could smash windows for things inside my car!

Nice hike but definitely high traffic on the weekend. Loved stopping at the beach for a snack.

Hiked this a few weeks ago! It was my first Trail I’ve ever hiked in the PNW (I recently moved here to Lynnwood from Saint Louis, MO) - and with everything being so beautiful here in comparison to the Midwest, I was easy to please! Looking forward to hiking many more trails - especially in the mountains - very soon!

Wonderful!

this is definitely NOT an easy walk. the trail descends about 400 ft elevation which is not so difficult but the climb back is tough for an out of shape guy like me.

beautiful hike to and from the water and the beach was nice too! kid and pet friendly

Nice wooded trail in suburban area. Packed a lunch in and ate on the beach. The hike back is fairly steep the last half mile, and some loose gravel in places.

Nice walk down slightly difficult going back.

Lots of people and steep trail with steep stairs. Big gulch trail was mostly flat and rated easy. This is what I expected. Also, no garbage cans to dispose of dog waste.

This is an awesome trail in town for some good exercise my son loves to play at the end of the trail before the hike back

super lovely hike. going down was easy. going back up just about killed me but I'm out of shape. looking forward to doing it again!

I really like it. The air is crisp & clean, the shade from the trees is nice, my asthmatic son only had to stop for his inhaler once on the way back up. It's a nice hike to a great swim at the beach.

Absolutely no parking, what good is a trail if you can't get to it?

Took my dog hiking here and liked it! About 1.1 miles each way. Not too crowded on trail. Would definitely do it again.

Took my 4 and 5 year old on this trail and wore my baby on my back. They did great! We loved looking at all the plants, and the creek on the way down was fun to splash around in!