McClellan Butte Trail

McClellan Butte Trail is a 9.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

snowboarding

From Seattle, east on I-90 to exit 42 (Tinkham Road). Turn right off the freeway for and travel 0.3 miles to FSR 5500-101. Turn right and go 0.2 miles to the trailhead at the end of road.

very good hike. according to my tracker it is 10.1 mile rt. lots of snow at the top. last 2 miles was covered in snow. so used micros pikes to hike that part.

Nice trail plenty of snow today and fantastic view ...

Arrived at the trailhead around 7:40 AM with about three other vehicles in the lot. First couple of miles were good, crossed a couple roads that I saw cars at on the way down, so it's possible to park closer and cut off mileage. A few logs crossing the trail, but otherwise it was in very good condition. The smoke was heavy and ash was raining down so views on the way up, as well as on top, weren't great.
The scramble definitely looks more intimidating than it actually is. Take it slowly, fortunately there are many footholds and a lot of rock to grip. Once at the top, we had the view to ourselves for about 20 minutes, and after that we headed down. Saw about 10 more people on the way back. Awesome trail, will be back when it's cleared up.

Definitely a challenging hike! Did it yesterday and sadly because of the fires all the views were blocked by smoke. I didn't chance the scramble however it seems doable. Would recommend poles especially for the way down since it's so steep. It took us about 3 hours to get up with a few breaks along the way.

Quite steep. Higher difficulty than Si for sure. Went up the Butte!

I put this hike off for many years because the final rock climb to the summit sounded intimidating, but it was quite easy. The rock is very jagged with many hand and foot holds. It's flat on the top with room for several people to take a break. I was alone on the summit for about 40 minutes before heading back down. It was a cloudless day but very hazy. It took me three hours to hike from the trailhead to the summit and two hours down. I went slow on the rock section, but made up time by jogging the last few miles to the parking lot.

Beautiful wooded trail. Well maintained except for the fallen trees near the top, but they're easy enough to get around. It took me around 2 hours to get to the top, but I was pushing my pace hard.

There was no pay station at the trailhead that I could see, so make sure you bring a northwest pass.

The view was very cool, but I'm disappointed I didn't make it up the scramble for the unobstructed views. Although there were plenty of handholds, there was no room for mistakes. I'd heard that the scramble was exposed ... but seriously, if you start falling you're not gonna stop. Rolling down a rocky cliff is not how I want to die!

Great views even without doing the scramble!

Great views even without doing the scramble!