Mazama Ridge Trail to Faraway Rock

Mazama Ridge Trail to Faraway Rock is a 5.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Paradise Inn, Washington that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is best used from June until October.

From Tacoma, south 40 miles on Highway 7 to Elbe. Turn east on Highway 706 and drive 10 miles to the Nisqually Entrance Station. Continue 18 miles to the National Park Inn at Paradise. The trailhead is behind the inn.

My wife and I went snowshoeing. It took us a little longer but the views were amazing! This was our first time in this area...we will be back!

Friday, August 12, 2016

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Awesome!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Excellent place to hike as you work your way through North Cascades National Park or are using the head of this trail as a base camp for long day hikes. Being from Bellingham, I loved the high and dry side of the east slopes along with all the Lodgepole Pine. The smells are terrific as well as the sights, once you clear the tree tops. Stick with this one as the pay off starts well in to the hike.