Maury Island Natural Area Loop

Maury Island Natural Area Loop is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Vashon, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

There are great views on this hike but the trail map provided here is very inaccurate. There are many, many trails that cross over each other and are either poorly marked or not marked at all. Still worth exploring but you should understand very basic land navigation.

Well maintained trails. Camping practically on the beach. Most of the walking trails are very sandy. Wide enough for horseback riding. The WTA is building a new trail now, July 2018.

Lovely forest amble that requires patience to navigate. There are many offshoots. I would recommend using Google Maps. The loop back from the beach was impassable due to blackberry vines.

Trail is very dense on the backside along the ocean and filled with thorns. Maybe a foot wide.. Aside from the backside, was scenic and well maintained.

OMG! Needs signs! Great area to hike and bike, but have a good trail app to know which trail to take, as the intersect constantly...

UPDATE!!!!

I want to do this trail again. The trails are not marked very well and I wish it was. I was with my family so after walking about a mile and a half in a circle, my family wanted to turn around. I will definitely be coming back here because I want to navigate my way through it. There are also mountain bike trails so watch out if you do it. I have a feeling that I am missing out on the views.

Loved all the Madrona trees!

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Very limited signage. We followed some trails, but ended up taking the gravel trail, through the gravel pit to the beach. Very beautiful, and we made the hike longer than listed on Alltrails, but wish they had clearly posted signs to mark trails.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Well maintained, beautiful views! Not the best signage on the trails, but easy to follow with a map. One of my go to trails on the island.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Good lighthouse. Nice beach

recorded down hill and back up

Thursday, August 17, 2017