Margaret Lake Trail

Margaret Lake Trail is a 5.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Easton, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 54. Left off freeway for .3 miles. Right on FSR 4832 for 5 miles. Left on FSR 4934 for .5 miles to parking area. Trailhead is a short walk down FSR 4934

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Trail starts out following a service road, but climbs to some pretty spectacular views of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness. The lake is pretty and deep enough for a good summer swim.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Very steep!!! Next day my whole is sore. I guess I'm still a rookie at hiking. But when me and my buddy finally made it to the top and down to Margaret Lake, it was worth it. Beautiful crystal clear waters with fish jumping every minute. kinda cool! Would not do it again. It's rated Moderate. I rate it Difficult and intense. It's a little tricky finding the right trails to the lake so pay close attention. Good luck!

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Monday, September 05, 2016

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

It was a great hike! More steep than I expected, but very manageable. It took me around 3 hours total, with a short break for lunch at the lake. The lake is gorgeous, l was surprised to see many fish jumping & it was crystal clear. Can't wait to bring friends back to this place!

Monday, June 13, 2016

Beautiful scenery! The snow was easy to navigate.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Monday, August 03, 2015

The beginning of this trail is very rocky with loose gravel so it's easy to slip. Polls are useful on this hike. Right now it's really dusty and dry. When you reach the peak it's 1900 feet then you have to descend another 300 feet, about a half a mile, to reach Margaret Lake. I'm rating it so low because in comparison there are so many better and more enjoyable hikes in the area.

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Fun, quiet hike, just far enough away from the city to drop a lot of the crowd. We only saw 3-4 other hiking groups the whole time, even though we were there on Memorial Day. We went down to Margaret lake from the junction point (2 mi in), then back up and on to Twin Lakes as well (worth the extra 1.2 mi if you have time). There are only a handful of stretches of snow left and it's easy enough to pick up the trail again each time you come across them.

Monday, March 09, 2015

This hike was great! Two thumbs up!

Monday, October 21, 2013

Sunday 10-20-2013: My wife, Milo, the dog, and I hiked to Margaret Lake near Snoqualmie Pass. It was sunny in the mountains while Puget Sound area was socked in by thick fog. We arrived at the trailhead at 10:30 and there were 5 cars at the parking lot. The last 2 miles of forest road was unpaved and very bumpy. We took our Camry but should have taken Subaru instead. We started hiking at 10:45. The trail up to the ridge was mostly dry and there was no problem. The trail from Lake Yvonne to Margaret Lake was buried in snow and route finding was difficult. Finally at 12:50 we reached the lake and found a nice place to sit and enjoy the view of the lake and had lunch there in solitude. We left the lake at 1:15 and met several people coming down to Margaret Lake. We took a hike towards Lake Lillian but turned back after 0.3 mile because we were tired. We returned to our car by 3:15.