Maple Pass Trail

Maple Pass Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mazama, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Maple Pass Loop trail is a must do hike in North Cascade Park. This is a loop hike with option of adding 2 miles to include 2 lakes on its way. The trail is a loop you can either start at Lake Ann Trailhead or Rainy Lake Trailhead. It is recommend to go counterclockwise ( Starting Via Lake Ann Trailhead ) It offers stunning beauty all the way till highest point of hike at 6995 Ft "Maple Pass" then you have to descent back to trailhead

This was a struggle for me for sure - though I started out clockwise going up the steeper side (as everyone that passed me felt the need to point out!). Provided the most beautiful outlooks. I agree with other posters that the hike was closer to 8 miles. The wildflowers were in full bloom along the entire trail once you got up past the heavily wooded ascend. The horse flies and mosquitoes were only bad at the very, absolute top for about a 10 foot radius; otherwise I didn't come across any bugs at all (though, most don't like me).

Definitely recommend this hike!

Wow. This hike was incredible!! From the beautiful wildflowers to the expansive views of the north cascades... it was breathtaking. It was pretty clear when we went yesterday. It's definitely worth the drive.

A few things to note:
I think this hike is closer to 8 miles so be prepared for a bit longer of a hike than this app has listed. It is buggy but not as bad as I had anticipated from previous reviews. Be respectful of the areas closed off for restoration!!!

Great hike. This was our second time doing this trail and I have a couple of thoughts for hikers who do this. First, three of us clocked this hike at 8 miles long.We left the trailhead parking lot and hiked the trail clockwise ( it's a loop trail) which is the steeper ascent, but then you have an easier decent for people with knee issues. Although there has been smoke in this area for a few days now, our hike today was sunny and mostly clear. This is one of our favorite hikes for majestic views.

The views of the Mountains and Lakes are awesome. I would say the hike is more of a hard than a moderate. Most people do the loop counter-clockwise I did it clockwise maybe it's harder that way.

Absolutely amazing hike! If you're only going to do one hike in the Cascades, this one has it all! Breathtaking!

great vistas. challenging but doable. can't let your guard down. bring bug spray.

Buggy but beautiful!

Beautiful hike with wonderful views. Alot of hikers out today, all very friendly. If your planning on taking this hike bring some strong bug spray because you will need it!

Jul 22, 2017 - We did the loop in 4.5 hours with 30 minutes at the top for a snack. There's snow in patches at the top but the trail is very clear and passable. Stand still for more than a few seconds and you are part of the food chain though. Tons of biting flies and mosquitos.