Maple Pass Trail

Maple Pass Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mazama, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Maple Pass Loop trail is a must do hike in North Cascade Park. This is a loop hike with option of adding 2 miles to include 2 lakes on its way. The trail is a loop you can either start at Lake Ann Trailhead or Rainy Lake Trailhead. It is recommend to go counterclockwise ( Starting Via Lake Ann Trailhead ) It offers stunning beauty all the way till highest point of hike at 6995 Ft "Maple Pass" then you have to descent back to trailhead

Still a lot of snow at the top but we were able to get through without any problems. Beautiful hike with some great views!

Unbelievable views, some of the best I've ever seen! Definitely feels longer than 7.6 miles. Got to see a black bear on the trail. Was able to make it in tennis shoes but wouldn't necessarily recommend it. Went counter clockwise, jaw dropping wild flowers. A must do hike.

This was a five star hike when I did it in October with snow everywhere. There were very few people out that day and it was so pristine with the snow. I opted for the clockwise route and didnt make the lake. I am going to do it this year before the snow set in and and stop at the lake. I think the clockwise direction is the best as it allows for a better workout and the walk to the lake after circling it.

The snow was still a little too prevalent today for me to complete the loop without any special gear. I went clockwise and was only able to get up to about 6600 feet...after that, the snowpack was too sloped and uncertain. The views are unbelievable, though. I can't wait for a bit more melting so I can complete the whole loop.

Little snowy in October. Want to come back in August! Larches were beautiful though.

Always a great time at this loop trail. One of my favorites--the views are incredible. Can't beat the North Cascades! Plan on 3-4 hours (depending on how many photos you take the along the way....) This trail doesn't disappoint.

The trail beautiful. Next time I'd bring extra traction for my boots, it was a bit slippery at the top this time of year.

Do this before it's too late, but I highly recommend wearing hiking boots. We did this hike clockwise, as to avoid having a super steep decline on the tail end of the trail (bad knee). This ended up being a smart move and wasn't as tough as people had warned it might be.

The whole trail is beautiful, but it is very wet in places, and even slippery at the top where there is ice/snow on the trail. Be careful!

Can a day hike really get any better than this? I think not.