Main Trail and Temple Pond Loop Trail

Main Trail and Temple Pond Loop Trail is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Snohomish, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great for the entire family. went out on Saturday afternoon. Parking lot was full, but did not encounter a bunch of people along the trails. We will be going back often.

Overall great hike/trail walk, not hard at all. There are a bunch of different paths that you can go on. My dog had a fun time exploring, and most people leash their dogs which keeps it safe and friendly. The trail itself is pretty well maintained, but a heads up since it’s also a horse trail there’s lots of droppings everywhere, so wear shoes you don’t mind getting dirty.

I took my three boys, 17, 14 and 14 on this nice hike (very close to home, yet secluded and beautiful) I have lived near here for 20 years and didn’t know about this hike. Really enjoyable, great access, easy few hours of fun.

Pretty easy hike, beautiful nature. Will definitely do it again!

We took the dogs out for a hike and we weren’t disappointed. Temple pond is beautiful and the rest of the park was fun to explore. We will definitely be back!

Hiking/walking. Nice quiet place- lots of different trail options- the few bikes I pass, were Courteous and respectful of the rules. There we’re 3 Gentlemen clearing the main trail of fallen trees- I thank you very much. This area would be great for beginners and/or small children or even the older folks with troubled knees, etc (like my mom who has arthritis in her knees) Or for those who don’t want to travel far for a walk in the woods. I WILL DEFINITELY RETURN.

My only issue is dogs off leash and bags of poop left on the side of trail. Easy solution- tie the poop bag to your dogs leash/harness/collar, etc. my dog happens to not be female dog friendly and having to pick her because another dog isn’t on leash- very frustrating, since My dog cannot participate at off leash dog parks. PLEASE LEASH YOUR DOG AND CARRY THEIR POOP WITH YOU. If you feel the need to have your dog off leash, there are specific parks designed for such activities.

We did this hike with our 7 year old and he loved it. We couldn't see Beaver Lake behind the tall grass in August, but I would guess it's visible other times of the year. We actually skipped part of the trail by taking pipeline trail. It's a little steep and it's not shaded, but still good.

Nice flat hike for those with an aversion to heights. Personally I find this area pleasant but a little dull compared to the numerous mountain trails we have in Washington.
Our vehicle was also broken into while we were hiking and my wife lost her purse. The jerks who robbed us seemed to be waiting to pounce because we were not gone long and they were shopping at the nearest Walmart and Target with our credit cards. Be cautious.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Great for dogs.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

great cardio on my bike but watch out for a massive amount of stinging nettles all over the place right now.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Nice hike with lots of options.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

This would have been an awesome hike but there was so much horse poop! Don't plan on going back til after the summer when the park is used less.

Monday, June 12, 2017

This was a peaceful trail hike, we went toward the river instead of the ponds and that was well worth the time. I would suggest bringing a small blanket or a swimsuit to jump into the river.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

We are from out of town and found these trails via the App and looking for clear weather on the AccuWeather radar site. Had a fun 4.5 mile run to Temple Pond and some of the surrounding trails. Nice stop to check out the birds and frogs at the pond too. Beautiful spot. The trails in the park are not always marked but we were able to use the App and common sense to get around even when we diverted from the main route. There are a lot of other trails to explore tho, and it did not appear that all were noted on the posted map at the trailhead. So it could be easy to get lost I think.
Overall a great spot for trail running. Mix of dirt road to single track width. Good footing the whole way.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

I came here 5/16/17 around 4:30pm and I was almost sure I was the only one in the whole park! The place offers extreme serenity and peace, but due to my phone battery dying I was not able to see the pond, lakes and half of the trail. Its a beautiful place where you can walk to relax, its green and lush, hearing the birds chirp added to the relaxation. Please make sure that if youre on your own, to stay on the main trail as it gets confusing. I know you can get easily carried away, but for safety wise, bring a portable charger and something to protect yourself with (not that I encountered dangerous animals or people).

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Much more than I expected. The south side view point offers a great view of the Olympic range and Mt Rainer. The pond loops are well maintained and scenic as well.

Monday, May 01, 2017

Loved the moss covered trees.

Friday, April 28, 2017

Nice marked trail. Enjoyed that

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Easy to moderate Hike.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Great place to bring your dog for an easy walk with a few ponds to check out.

Monday, January 16, 2017

First time here. Most of the trails we went on were well maintained. Some icy conditions today, ground is very frozen in places. Lots of options without backtracking. Will definitely be back to explore more!

Monday, January 09, 2017

Fairly rustic trail and many portions were covered in ice. The main trail was not clearly marked and many of the joining trails were not clearly marked.

Saturday, January 07, 2017

Fun quiet trail with lots of beauty

Friday, December 30, 2016

Good trail for the family. Kids and dog handled it well.

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

A nice trail if you are not sure how far you want to hike as there are plenty of mini destinations. There are maps all over to help you keep track of where you are. It has a nice mix of scenery for being so close to Snohomish/Monroe. With the elevation being particularly low, it can be hiked all year round.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Well maintained, secluded trail located in Snohomish. Great hike for all skill levels. Piece of cake compared to Bridal Vail Falls. Little incline, muddy in spots. Views of ponds and lake. Enjoyed this 3.3 mile loop. Parking at trailhead along with a sani can.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

There are many routes to this trail system. Plenty of options to have casual or more challenging hike...don't get lost, though :)

Thursday, July 28, 2016

It is good trail to hike with kids.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Easy to get lost because there are lost of routs. Over all good trail.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Fun hike with the family.