Mailbox Peak Trail

Mailbox Peak Trail is a 9.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Take exit 34 from I-90. Head north on 468th Ave SE for approximately half a mile until the intersection with the SE Middle Fork Road. Turn right onto the Middle Fork Road. Follow SE Middle Fork Road 2.5 miles. Take the turnoff to the trailhead on the right and continue a short distance to the parking lot.

Hiked yesterday 02/25/2017.
Trail was challenging and I like it. Trail itself in good condition, but mostly covered with snow, spikes/chains and poles are recommended. Last part was very steep and not easy to climb because it was very cold and windy :) Lots of people slided down on their bottoms it was funny.

I've wanted to check this hike off of my list for a long time, and I did so about 3 weeks ago. It was excellent! I was aware of two trails, the old and the new, but it wasn't clear to me which was which as I was only able to find one trail head. I'm assuming it was the old one, because there were quite a few cars in the lot but I only passed two people on the way up. The old trail was still challenging, and very pretty! I had read reviews before starting, and no one had mentioned there being any snow. I was completely unprepared once I hit the base of the rock scramble. Everything was covered in a thick white blanket, and I was really wishing I had brought my poles but my dog and I made it up and back with no problems. Dress warm! There was no view from the top, probably due to the snow flurry that was happening, but it was the best feeling finally reaching the mailbox. Awesome hike :)

Great hike with a great panoramic view. Three mountains are viewable from the top. The trail is moderate until you hit the last 1/4 mile to the peak. People said it was good a hike for snowshoeing also. Very beautiful view!

I did the old trail up and the new one down. The old trail is a bitch and countless times I wanted to cry because "I couldn't make it". But I did and I'm happy I did because physically I feel like a bad ass. Too many people on the weekends. The new trail, according to some rangers, was built because an endangered bird habitat is off of the old and they wanted to lessen the foot traffic. Had I known that from the beginning I never would've taken it. Also, there were people fighting over Trump vs. Hilary at the peak. Very strange.

Great path,beautiful trails.Easy at the start then get ready to go up some rocks!!!Its a butty crasher.A must:)