Mailbox Peak Trail

Mailbox Peak Trail is a 9.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Take exit 34 from I-90. Head north on 468th Ave SE for approximately half a mile until the intersection with the SE Middle Fork Road. Turn right onto the Middle Fork Road. Follow SE Middle Fork Road 2.5 miles. Take the turnoff to the trailhead on the right and continue a short distance to the parking lot.

This hike kicked my butt but was so worth the effort! Very steep and the scramble towards the top definitely spiced things up!

Wish it hadn't been so foggy so I could enjoy the views from the top more, but a great hike all around!

This hike kicked my ass in the best way possible! Looking forward to seeing the views on a clearer day - be sure to bring layers even if the weather is mild starting out. It was misting and really windy and cold at the top, but of course glorious bc WE MADE IT! Deff wetted my appetite for more like this. Also, the wildflowers in bloom are gorgeous!

Best way to describe it is "when you think you are almost at the top, you're not."

Absolutely one of my favorite hikes, probably because it IS pretty brutal. Also has a nice story to it. We hiked on a cloudy day but our efforts were well rewarded when we emerged THROUGH the clouds to a beautiful sunny peak on the other side: ABOVE the clouds. Wonderful views. Next time I'll bring my dog. Bring enough water with you.

I always enjoy this place. Today was really wet and chilly, went up the old trail. the last 1k was brutal, so had to keep moving fast to stay wOrm lol. but powered through it.

God hook me up with a nice break from the wind at the top for 3-5min, enough time to chow down on some goodies before making my way down the new trail.

It such a savage uphill, that's reason why I always go back for more!

Challenging hike. I went on a foggy day and didn't have much visibility to the top. I wasn't able to enjoy the view because of the fog, but I definitely will be going back! My advice, don't bother hiking unless the weather is nice.

Very steep, long trail. Don't go as a beginner.
Very nice views on top though

Worth every step when you're at the peak. The views are spectacular, and it's one of the most challenging hikes I've done in WA.

The views were so worth it! Wish it was a little less hazy today but still an amazing view from the top all around. The mileage is more than what this information says, our trackers were between 12-13 miles round trip for the new trail up and back. Definitely doing this again!

We took the old route up. Just under 2.5 miles and with really no significant breaks took us 2 hrs 35 minutes to the top. Took the new trail down and taking our time it was another 2.5 hrs. It was warm day. We were glad we brought lots of water!

Nice, clear day for a hike. 2.5 miles up and down in a few hours. I arrived at around 7:00 and there was nobody in the parking lot; when I came down at around 10:30 there were cars parked on the side of the road. I'd recommend coming early if you want a parking spot.
Overall, a nice, tough hike. Be prepared for no breaks. Coming down is a lot more fun than going up :).

Hardest hike I've done yet, but had the most beautiful views 360 degrees. Would definitely recommend the old trail over the new trail.