Lower Lena Lake Trail

Lower Lena Lake Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lilliwaup, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice trail in Olympic National Forest up to to Lake Lena. Moderate climb. Dogs are allowed, but be careful not to follow the trail to Upper Lake Lena, it is part of Olympic National Park and dogs aren't allowed on trails in the park. There are several switchbacks which make it a moderate climb. The trail is very well kept and it is BEAUTIFUL! Expect company, it is a very popular trail. You will need a Recreation pass to park at the trailhead.

Road was in good condition and there was only very minor snow at the top on 11/19.

This was one the most beautiful hikes I have done in a long time. The lake was amazing!
Highly recommend!

did this trail 4/16.....it kicked my butt....steep switchbacks. (many). beautiful views if the lake at the top. hard on the knees coming down.

Tough terrain at times but worth it. Lake was pretty low.

Best place for a moderately difficult day hike and a great view for lunch!

just awsome

Hiked this today with our 9 year old daughter, and had a great time, although we goofed up and thought the end of the trail was the lookout point. Apparently we were wrong, I guess if you keep going you get all the way to the lake. So kinda sad that we missed out on that. Also do not be fooled by the name! Lol LOWER does not mean it is not high up! Lol. This hike was ALL uphill! and very rocky. But it was a very cool hike. We loved it very much. great work out forsure. I would definatly wear hiking boots because of all the rocks. all in all a great day. Also it's dog friendly, but I would honestly feel bad bringing my pup on this trail, it would probably hurt his paws.