Lower Lake Lena Trail

Lower Lake Lena Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lilliwaup, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice trail in Olympic National Forest up to to Lake Lena. Moderate climb. Dogs are allowed, but be careful not to follow the trail to Upper Lake Lena, it is part of Olympic National Park and dogs aren't allowed on trails in the park. There are several switchbacks which make it a moderate climb. The trail is very well kept and it is BEAUTIFUL! Expect company, it is a very popular trail. You will need a Recreation pass to park at the trailhead.

Hiked this today with our 9 year old daughter, and had a great time, although we goofed up and thought the end of the trail was the lookout point. Apparently we were wrong, I guess if you keep going you get all the way to the lake. So kinda sad that we missed out on that. Also do not be fooled by the name! Lol LOWER does not mean it is not high up! Lol. This hike was ALL uphill! and very rocky. But it was a very cool hike. We loved it very much. great work out forsure. I would definatly wear hiking boots because of all the rocks. all in all a great day. Also it's dog friendly, but I would honestly feel bad bringing my pup on this trail, it would probably hurt his paws.

awesome hike, beautiful lake.

Nice lake :)

very easy, dogs loved it.. it's where I met my wife..

Perfect hike for a hot day! We did this hike in about 4 hours and had lunch at the top, and even went for a swim! Water was perfect! Love the waterfall you get to listen to while hiking up the trail.

I love this hike, planning on returning to do upper trail.

Beautiful views of the lake. First half of the trail is all switchbacks up the mountain among dense trees so it is shaded all the way, then you reach a wooden bridge which is the half way point of the hike. The second half of the trail is straighter and there is much more sun coming through. At the end of the hike you arrive at the magnificent Lena Lake. The views are spectacular. You can sit down and relax, taking in the view, or swim if you like; the water is quite cold, however. There is a campground by the lake where you can camp. The last wooden bridge has collapsed but there is still a log lying across the creek. The trail is very popular. A pass is required to be able to park at the trailhead. Road to the trailhead is paved all the way.

My favorite hike all summer, even when it started to pour rain at the beginning of my hike. Its super green, very fresh, moist and misty at parts, lots of moss, cool mushrooms, tons of neat rock formations. It was gorgeous, I felt like I was in a fairy tale with all the lush plant life. The lake was very pretty as well, even on a dreary day. Id love to go again to hit up Upper Lena.

Great first hike of the season. Pathway has some parts that you really needed to watch where you were stepping. There were quite a few people on the path later in the afternoon than in the am. The lake was beautiful! I would love to go camping up there some time. Some parts of the trail were muddy, but easy to pass through. Most of the trail was in the shade as well.