Lower Falls Creek Trail

Lower Falls Creek Trail is a 3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Carson, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From the 4-way stop in Carson, drive 13.4 miles north on Wind River Road. Turn right onto County Road 30 (Meadow Creek Road) and drive 0.8 miles to Forest Road 3062. Turn right (east), and drive 1.8 miles to the trailhead. The 3062 road is closed from December 1 to April 1 making the total hike 8.6 miles from the gate.

One of our favorite hikes in the gorge. Well maintained, easy to moderate shaded ~3.5 Mile out and back with ~800’ vertical (according to my gps). Good for families and dogs. The falls are amazing with a great viewing area. Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy!

Absolutely stunning! Everyone should see this spot!

It is an easy hike, which doesn’t take long with a beautiful waterfall you can sit in front of and enjoy. Most the trail is shaded, and it’s nice and cool by the waterfall!

Lovely waterfall, short hike

Just did this hike yesterday and have to say that with all the Eagle Creek closures, this will be my new favorite. My husband and I were shocked at the amount of cars in the parking lot bc it’s pretty remote, but we really didn’t run into that many people along the way. At the Y we went left first and ended up above the falls. I will say that it’s a pretty steady incline but we love the challenge. The upper falls is small but still a gorgeous hike. The trail is well maintained.
Headed back down and went to the right at the Y which takes you right to the main falls. It is breathtaking. It really made me feel like there is still some of the PNW’s jewels in existence. We went down to the pool and it was at least 20* cooler with the mist, which was to die for on this hot day. To the upper and lower falls and back was just a bit over 5 miles and definitely worth every step. I will go here again without hesitation

Over 1000 of elevation gain but so worth it

Amazing!!

went hiking and camped at the lower falls. beautiful breathtaking views, ice cold water and if your a daredevil like me, take the falls jump!

We got to the trailhead later than expected, so it was crowded, but everyone was friendly, including their pups. We hiked to the waterfall and even went beyond for a better view of the top half of the falls. I will hi back to complete the full loop. Beautiful!

Very beautiful trail live it

Long drive, but beautiful and dog friendly!

Breathtaking!!

Great uphill hike with an awesome view of the falls at the top! Lots of dogs and happy people on the trail. Highly recommended!

What a great hike! The falls were beautiful and I was the only person on the trail.

So beautiful! Very much worth the rough drive in.

8 miles was totally worth the scene! first 2ish miles is on a flat gravel road. then 1.7 miles once you hit the trail.

went 01/07. got there 0900, first ones out. road closed- had to walk in to the trail head. well groomed, even with ice and snow. slippery in places. waterfall amazing with the melt. 20 people (multiple groups) on the way in while we were on the way out. dog friendly.

One blessing of the Eagle Creek fire is all the gems I am finding on this side of the river!

We really enjoyed this hike. Beautiful scenery. Lots of dogs and people, but not in a way that makes it feel crowded.

The waterfall was SO pretty! We continued up the side trail to see the falls from above and couldn't see much but there was a great view of the mountains.

Amazing.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Loved this hike

Monday, July 17, 2017

Beautiful Hike... well groomed trail and very polite hikers. This trail is between easy and moderate. Plenty of places to take breaks if needed.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Amazing this time of year!

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Amazing waterfall. One of the best I've seen anywhere. Wish the trail were longer. :) It's not a hard hike. Couple steeper inclines. Road is full of deep potholes leading to the trail. 2 miles worth. Take it slow.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Road was still mostly closed on 4/20/17 to snow and downed trees. I was able to drive about a half mile in, so your down to 6 miles :)
Lovely trail to a fabulous grotto at the bottom of the falls. I'll go back when it's warmer to enjoy it longer.

fyi... a local called this the lower Rock Creek Falls Trail.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

We did not finish entire hike because of timing. Just an FYI -- road leading to trail is currently closed due to snow and downed trees. This adds 2 miles in and 2 miles out, making this a 7 mile hike.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

beautiful hike

Monday, November 21, 2016

wasn't expecting much but oh my this was an amazing hike. nothing strenuous but such a gorgeous trail. looks like an enchanted forest. so nice to have the creek the entire way leading to the ultimate sight! the lower creek falls even has boulders to sit and enjoy the view.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Incredible pay off for such a short hike.