Lovers Lane Trail

Lovers Lane Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Forks, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

hot springs

Directions from junction of Highway 101 and Sol Duc River Road: Drive southward on the Sol Duc River Road 12 miles to Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort. Park in the day-use area and cross the river to begin the Lovers Lane Trail.

We hiked in slight drizzle which turned to rain. Lovely forest hike, we started at Sol Duc Falls and then continued on the Lovers Lane trail. We walked back along the road after Sol Duc Resort, that was much quicker in the rain.

The forest is lush and the trail was beautiful, but the whole hike was just a little underwhelming. My boyfriend and I finished the trail with kind of a "well.. that was it" kind of a feeling. For us I guess we just like more of the "wow" moment after a long hike!

Great experience. There are some logs to climb over and a stream to cross. Very beautiful trail. Starts from the far end of the parking lot.

An enjoyable hike, not overly difficult and pretty flat. The woods are beautiful and the trail has some rocks, but is very tolerable for basically any skill level of hiker. There are not a ton of people on this trail, which is nice in the summer when Olympic National Park is otherwise so packed. The overlooks aren't the most epic views you will see in the park but there is a beautiful waterfall and the forest is lush and lovely, giving ample shade to the sun avoidant.

A surprisingly fun trail that starts at a campground, typically I've found those to be rather calm. But thanks to a wet winter this was filled with downed trees to climb over, and a 10' wide river/small waterfall that needed to be crossed on the return trip. Outside of that the trail was well maintained. We did spot a bear coming back, but as soon as it noticed us it ran off into the woods. I suspect it's the same one that has been hanging around the campground itself lately.

Nice trail, and the falls are huge. They had a big storm there in early November I think and it knocked down a lot of trees. I think we spent as much time climbing and crawling as we did walking.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The trail is mostly flat and spends a lot of time going through thick old growth forest. At halfway if you start from the resort you reach the falls, which are beautiful. There are a few sections which are close to the river, but mostly it is heavily forested. It was pretty but a little buggy.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Beautiful April Day Hike - The Waterfall is definitely worth seeing :)

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Great hike on a beautiful day. Currently there are a few spots where trees have fallen on the trail and you have to go around. Had to cross a river without a bridge, maybe it got washed out. Worth the view at Sol Duc Falls. Enjoyable hike if you are ready for a few obstacles right now.

Saturday, December 05, 2015

This was a very beautiful hike! It had a lot of moss and big trees! Highly recommended!

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

If you really want to fall in love read this review. There is no trail name for the trail I'm referring to but it is on the topo map. It is North of the Sol Duc River and in between the road. it is right before you cross the bridge into the hot springs parking lot. It cuts through the camp sites along the way. I fell in love with this trail like none other. Please find this little gem and enjoy it as much as I have.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014