Learn more

Lovers Lane Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Forks, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

Distance: 6.1 miles Elevation Gain: 590 feet Route Type: Loop

As of 5/23/19, the Sol Duc bridge is still closed.

Great hike. Bridge coming back from campground is down it crossable using trees. The campground had many fallen trees but safe as long as no workers cutting at same time.

Tried to access, road closed for the season.

I was expecting Fairies, trolls and unicorns on this trail. It blew my mind how gorgeous it all was. Saw three different waterfalls that were raging and beautiful. Didn’t do the loop, just out and back. There was frost on some of the plants. I’d venture to say it was 40-42 degrees and beautiful. Very muddy but I’m sure to be expected this time of year

Beautiful hike with great weather! This was the first day without rain in the area for more than a week so the whole area was still wet. The trail is pretty well marked and maintained, more so on the east side with the road and campgrounds. The west half of the trail was pretty muddy and parts of the trail were actually flowing streams but was still a lot of fun. Not too many people meant a bit of solitude under the trees which was nice.

Great trail absolutely beautiful. Down side is some of trail becomes stream if raining. We started at lodge then connected to Sol Duc to return. Don’t suggest this if water is running; we ended up the last two miles or so on the road because of deep water on the trail back to lodge. See track.

recorded Recording - Oct 12, 03:55 PM

Great trail. I agree with other reviews that you should start at the resort. Some of the trail is weird and not well marked. You got theology camp grounds and such but once you get passed that it’s wonderful! There are two “bonus” falls on this trail that are very pretty as well. Lots of beautiful moss covered trees and forest overgrowth. It’s moderate in skill level. It was very wet and muddy when I went in early October. Have water proof shoes if possible. It’s a quiet trail which allows you to sink in to the experience.

Perfect for the hiker that wants a workout, but doesn’t want to climb a lot of hills. Got a little lost at the resort portion, needs a little better signage. FYI don’t go down the service road. Although, there is a meadow after it and we got to see some deer up close.

Good trail - a little bit of everything to see with regards to the forest in Olympic. Tough back track to trailhead though - roads. Plan to start at the hot springs resort not the trailhead.

Great loop filled with river and waterfall views, completely covered in beautiful mossy trees and ferns. Fairly flat but lots of tree roots, fungi, and bugs to be careful of - including one giant banana slug! Popular stop at the waterfall and shelter but stay on the campground route instead of the road/resort route to keep the nature going :-)

Start from the resort end, there are two waterfalls, both are nice, second one is more unique. On the route shown, the way back has about a mile walking on the road, didn’t care for that. But it’s a nice trail, nothing crazy, but good for a easy walk.

After arriving to parking lot, follow Campground trail. Otherwise you’re on the road. Fantastic trail. Super peaceful with the giant trees and the waterfalls.

Lovely trail through another enchanted forest in the Olympic National Park that is not difficult to do. It features waterfalls, and beautiful native fauna and flora of the PNW. The mosquitoes were out in full force, so be sure to load up on the bug spray. The start of the loop was just off the end of the RV parking lot of the Sol Duc Resort, about a mile after hitting the Sol Duc falls, it does get confusing as the trail is no longer marked, so we walked back on the main highway to the resort, but you can go through the campgrounds and route back to the resort that way we later learned.

Went today! Awesome easy trail. I wasn’t sure where the trail loops around so I went back when it split by 3 trails. Beautiful hike, beautiful drive.

Easy hike. My girlfriend is a beginner and we were bale to finish it in 4 hrs. Beautiful scenery but the waterfalls weren't big. They were really powerful though.

Mon May 27 2019

Beautiful trail that goes from the resort all the way to the falls trail head all along the river. Says moderate but cousin easily be done by kids. A little over 2 miles one way. We chose to walk to 2 miles back on the road which during a busy time like we did (Memorial Day) could be a little crazy but all and all the trail was beautiful.

Thu May 23 2019

We did this hike as the Sol Duc bridge was still closed. It is a lovely hike and relatively flat after an initial short ascent. It weaves through the forest, you have to climb over and crawl under some fallen trees and there are some lovely bridges across the water. If we had been able to do the whole loop I'm sure this would be a 5* hike.

Mon May 20 2019

Amazing! We chose this trail as the Sol Doc Falls trail was closed this weekend whilst they worked on the bridge and we thought we might be able to catch a glimpse of the falls this way. Sadly access to Sol Doc Falls was still closed, but we were amazed by this gorgeous trail nevertheless..! It starts at the end of the Sol Doc resort carpark and follows along the River. We joked it was like walking through an enchanted forest..moss covered trees, flowers, bridge crossings and waterfalls. It was mostly flat and very easy to navigate. We went later in the day so saw very few people then soaked in the hot springs afterwards. Highly recommend!

Tue May 14 2019

Fun hike, peaceful with great views. Took us 4 hours with many stops to enjoy nature. The waterfalls are gorgeous. Had to climb over giant trees on the path a few times. Wandering through the campground at the end isn’t ideal, but it won’t stop me from coming back again.

Sat May 04 2019

This trail is amazing. It has everything the valley has to offer. You would never know it’s there but it’s just off the parking lot at Sol Doc Hot Springs. Ask the staff there about it - they had great things to say and I can confirm.

Fri Mar 22 2019

Hiked March 22, 2019: not sure if there was more snow this year than others but I got roughly 1.5 miles into it & snow was to your knees at some points, & I could no longer find the trail so I had to turn around. It was still beautiful & im sure in the summer, without snow, it’s absolutely lovely

Sat Dec 08 2018

Great hike this time of year. Saw no others while on the trail. Got a hint of snow coming through the tall trees for about five minutes, so I am claiming this as first snow hike of the season... lol Extra Cotton