Loop Trail via West Emerson Street Entrance

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(122)
Discovery Park

Loop Trail via West Emerson Street Entrance is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Seattle, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking, running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 219 feet Route Type: Loop

historic site

My wife and I just moved to Seattle and we have chosen this trail as our first ever trail. We have no previous hiking experience and I can say that we really enjoyed this walk! The weather was great and the park is so beautiful that we completed the trail refreshed and ready to another week. We will definitely come back to complete the lighthouse trail.

Nice walk! Lots of ppl, very friendly. Lots of dogs and as well very friendly.

Pretty muddy at times, I would recommend water proof shoes but I was wearing my running shoes and did fine. Slipped a bit here and there but we were also in the dark (with headlamps) for just over half of the trail. Nice and quiet with the occasional neighbor to smile at and dog to pet.

I parked at the Visitor’s center and hiked the trail counter clockwise. Loop trails are my favorite bc I enjoy getting to see new things all along the way. I definitely recommend popping into the visitor center, especially if you have young kids. My toddler enjoyed playing in there for a few minutes and I appreciated being able to pee in a decent restroom before heading out onto the trail. There is a changing table in the (ladies) restroom , which is a rare luxury to find at most of the trails I have been to. I found the trail to be jogging stroller friendly. There was only one spot where there were a few stairs, but I was able to go off to the side there. There were some muddy spots, but nothing awful and the BOB held up well. The trail is pretty well marked with posts along the way, indicating which way to go. The map on the app here helped me keep track when I was unsure. Lots of road crossings, although I never encountered any vehicles. Everyone I encountered on the trail was friendly and I never felt afraid, even being a woman out alone with my child. The water views are stunning and make the trail worth it, even on a cloudy day. My toddler loved the playground that is along the trail, near the visitors center. I was definitely surprised by this gem of a park- with forest trails, sound views, and a wonderful playground. We will definitely be back!

Great trail for being in the city limits of Seattle

Nice trail around a beautiful park! Great place for a mellow walk or an easy trail run.

Thu Apr 18 2019

There are a lot of side trails off of the loop trail, where you can go down then back up to loop tr do get your heart rate up a little. Nice to have so close to downtown. Good mountain/sound views.

Fun day for something close to home! Trail looks great!

Amazing trail you forget you are anywhere around the city

Mon Oct 15 2018

Fab walk on a gorgeous sunny day

Thu Aug 09 2018

Easy with beautiful views!