Longs Pass Trail

Longs Pass Trail is a 7.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cle Elum, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A steady climb to the summit. Once you get to the top Mount Stuart sneaks up on you and is "bam" in your face. Some people rock climb/mountaineer mount stuart from this trail head. We camped at the summit and it was amazing. Beautiful Sun set, Sun rise and star gazing. A mountain goat visited our tent in the AM.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Monday, June 01, 2015

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

I added this hike when I did the Esmerelda Loop as my first two night backpack trip. You can read all about it and see pictures by clicking on the link to my blog.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Beautiful day at Longs Pass! Warm, but light breeze, and we didn't run into any of the aggressive mountain goats we'd been warned about. Some wildflowers left, but they're on their way out. Wonderful views of Mt Stuart, Mt Rainier; and peeks of Glacier Peak and Mt Adams as well.

Monday, August 01, 2011

Great trail. Fantastic views. Lots of wild flowers. Takes your breath away in many ways. (2100 ft elevation gain) From the top, Mt. Stuart is unbelievable. Even with sunny weather the temperature at the top was cool with some wind.