Lodge Lake Trail

Lodge Lake Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I️ really liked this hike, I️t was long but low elevation gain which was good for me as I️ was recovering from a killer hike that almost scared me off from hiking in general. Pretty on a foggy snowy day.

Loved this one. Easy elevation but got me breathing hard a few times. Gorgeous lake. Didn't meet too many people on the trail at 8:30 on a Sunday morning. Found it especially cool to be hiking a portion of the PCT!

The hike was pretty and easy and longer than it had said. The lake is beautiful and we were the only ones at the lake. Great hike!

Great little hike

This is a nice little hike through alpine meadows and a nice forest. Very good views of the Snoqulamie pass area. I would say this trail is an "easy", rather than a "moderate" hike. I was looking for a nice relaxing hike to go on, as a break from some of the "harder" hikes I've been doing, and this one fit the bill perfectly. Good trail for dogs.

My 13-year old son and I hiked to Lodge Lake for a day hike. We got to the parking lot around 3:30pm on a Sunday and there were maybe a dozen cars there. The trail starts out in forest, then climbs across the ski run meadows, then over the ridge down into more forest. The meadows had lots of orange, pink, yellow, and white wild flowers. Very pretty and the views of the mountains behind I-90 were awesome. In some parts of the meadows the trail is overgrown with bushes, sometimes to the point where you can't see the trail very well ahead of you. But the trail itself is clear of plants, so it's still easy enough to follow if you look down.

At one point in the meadows when you're approaching a little hill, a road will cross the trail. Don't get confused and take the road left or right. Across the road the trail continues, even if it's difficult to see due to bushes. There are no signs here, unfortunately.

About half way, shortly after going over the ski hill ridge, you pass Beaver Pond. Then you descend down through forest again. Once you can see the lake through the trees on the right, keep an eye out on the right for a sign about 7 feet up on a tree that says "Lodge Lake". Take the trail to the right to get to the lake in just a few minutes. You should pass a little waterfall and stream before that (assuming it doesn't dry up).

There were a few bugs here and there, but mostly little flies and not too many mosquitoes. I did get a little bite from one, but only because my attention was occupied by taking a bathroom break. Otherwise it was pretty easy to keep them away. I was surprised they weren't swarming given all the water nearby.

This trail is sometimes described as "easy", sometimes "moderate". I'd say it's somewhere in between. Note that AllTrails estimates the round-trip length as 3.9 miles while WTA's is 3.0 miles, and it did feel more like 3.9 miles to me, especially considering the amount of time it took us. But there were little kids on the trail, so it's easy enough.

We saw several people heading down when we went up and no one was there when we got to the lake. Then several more people and a couple dogs showed up. Also met a relatively senior woman (I'm 47) who was backpacking alone and staying the night there, which I thought was pretty impressive. There are a couple decent campsites there, one with a fire pit inside a stone ring.

Great family hike. I would say its on the easy side of moderate. My 8 year old did it no problem.
how funny is it that I've been skiing there my entire life and I never knew about this hike.
FYI the first lake is not the ending point. you are 1/4 of the way till the end which is at a bigger lake. Unfortunately when you get to that Lake there's really only two small areas for you to congregate at from what I could tell.
Very fun hike with cool views at the start when you are walking through the meadow (directly below ski lifts!) and then great forest hike next with 2 lakes and a small waterfall.

Nice little lake at the end of the Trail. Beautiful views on the way back to the car.

Exactly what we expected. Easy access, easy hike, nice view. Great for an afternoon trip

We tried going up today (June) and there is still a lot of snow. You can't see the trail and it is not well maintained.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Beautiful hike. The marking was easy to miss, as we did and went a couple miles before figuring it out. But, it extended our hike so alls good.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

I like how the scenery changes from trails and then summit views and back to trails again to see the lake.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Nice little hike with wildflowers carpeting the ski slopes and then pleasant mature forest. The largest distraction comes from the highway noise that fills the entire route.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Parked in a gravel parking lot that had plenty of spots. No bathrooms . (NW Forest Pass required, I believe. No place to do a day fee. Saw the ranger parking lot when we left.)
Entered trail at the PCT trailhead sign. We hiked our way briefly in the shaded trees and then cut up across the ski lift to the top. Trail was rocky and well traveled on the way up. Some parts were very narrow. After you make it past a mile and are on the other side of the mountain there's a few wet or muddy spots but not too bad. The lake was two miles from the start according to my Gps. Not too big, but scenic. There's not really a spot to sit and hang out right on the lake. It's muddy with drift wood. Lots of families and dogs on the trail.

Friday, August 12, 2016

Nice easy hike through wild flowers and raspberry patches , then through Yosemite esk? Forest floor all the way to the lake.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

The hike was very easy itself yet we missed the sign to the lake! So me and my group of friends kept on going until we realized we have gone too far! Watch for the sign it's barely visible on the right side and for a path on the right side! Once you're walking and see a pretty lake, be expecting a right turn! Don't miss it! Or you will just end up walking for another at least 16 miles

Monday, June 20, 2016

This was a decent hike for the day. Short, with a fair amount of uphill. We went with a group size of 10. Spent a few hours at the lake. Unfortunately, not much trail around the lake. Next time, will probably bring a pack raft with us and head to the other side of the lake. Scenery was nice for second half of the hike, but the first half is just across the ski lift area. Plenty of parking at the trailhead. When we got to the lake, there's a sign to take you off of the PCT to get to the lake. On our way we met a couple of different groups that missed the sign, and went several miles farther down the trail before realizing their mistake. If you head out here, look for the sign on the tree about 8 feet up or so. Take a right at the sign and the lake is just a matter of feet in front of you.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Lots of terrain but a good hike.

Monday, June 24, 2013

I took a group of Boy Scouts on this trail last August. The lakeside campsite is primitive, though there's lots of room for tents. Several hikers came through trying to fish, and it seemed they could not get to a good place to cast as the lake does not have great access. Note, this is a great intro hike for younger hikers. Also, be prepared for bugs.

Monday, August 13, 2012

This is a nice little lake, within a short hike from Snoqualmie pass. Great stop for a quick overnight. We stopped by Lodge lake on a hike from Snoqualmie Pass to Yakima Pass. In August, if you're lucky, you might meet some Pacific Crest Trail thru-hikers on their way to Canada from Mexico. We met two during our hike.