Lodge Lake Trail

Lodge Lake Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Loved this one. Easy elevation but got me breathing hard a few times. Gorgeous lake. Didn't meet too many people on the trail at 8:30 on a Sunday morning. Found it especially cool to be hiking a portion of the PCT!

The hike was pretty and easy and longer than it had said. The lake is beautiful and we were the only ones at the lake. Great hike!

Great little hike

This is a nice little hike through alpine meadows and a nice forest. Very good views of the Snoqulamie pass area. I would say this trail is an "easy", rather than a "moderate" hike. I was looking for a nice relaxing hike to go on, as a break from some of the "harder" hikes I've been doing, and this one fit the bill perfectly. Good trail for dogs.

My 13-year old son and I hiked to Lodge Lake for a day hike. We got to the parking lot around 3:30pm on a Sunday and there were maybe a dozen cars there. The trail starts out in forest, then climbs across the ski run meadows, then over the ridge down into more forest. The meadows had lots of orange, pink, yellow, and white wild flowers. Very pretty and the views of the mountains behind I-90 were awesome. In some parts of the meadows the trail is overgrown with bushes, sometimes to the point where you can't see the trail very well ahead of you. But the trail itself is clear of plants, so it's still easy enough to follow if you look down.

At one point in the meadows when you're approaching a little hill, a road will cross the trail. Don't get confused and take the road left or right. Across the road the trail continues, even if it's difficult to see due to bushes. There are no signs here, unfortunately.

About half way, shortly after going over the ski hill ridge, you pass Beaver Pond. Then you descend down through forest again. Once you can see the lake through the trees on the right, keep an eye out on the right for a sign about 7 feet up on a tree that says "Lodge Lake". Take the trail to the right to get to the lake in just a few minutes. You should pass a little waterfall and stream before that (assuming it doesn't dry up).

There were a few bugs here and there, but mostly little flies and not too many mosquitoes. I did get a little bite from one, but only because my attention was occupied by taking a bathroom break. Otherwise it was pretty easy to keep them away. I was surprised they weren't swarming given all the water nearby.

This trail is sometimes described as "easy", sometimes "moderate". I'd say it's somewhere in between. Note that AllTrails estimates the round-trip length as 3.9 miles while WTA's is 3.0 miles, and it did feel more like 3.9 miles to me, especially considering the amount of time it took us. But there were little kids on the trail, so it's easy enough.

We saw several people heading down when we went up and no one was there when we got to the lake. Then several more people and a couple dogs showed up. Also met a relatively senior woman (I'm 47) who was backpacking alone and staying the night there, which I thought was pretty impressive. There are a couple decent campsites there, one with a fire pit inside a stone ring.

Great family hike. I would say its on the easy side of moderate. My 8 year old did it no problem.
how funny is it that I've been skiing there my entire life and I never knew about this hike.
FYI the first lake is not the ending point. you are 1/4 of the way till the end which is at a bigger lake. Unfortunately when you get to that Lake there's really only two small areas for you to congregate at from what I could tell.
Very fun hike with cool views at the start when you are walking through the meadow (directly below ski lifts!) and then great forest hike next with 2 lakes and a small waterfall.

Nice little lake at the end of the Trail. Beautiful views on the way back to the car.

Exactly what we expected. Easy access, easy hike, nice view. Great for an afternoon trip

We tried going up today (June) and there is still a lot of snow. You can't see the trail and it is not well maintained.