Learn more

Little Spokane River: Waikiki Springs Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(311)
Spokane, Washington

Little Spokane River: Waikiki Springs Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 1.9 mi Elevation gain 196 ft Route type Loop

Wildlife

Private property

Description
Waypoints (0)

Note: This trail travels near private property so please be respectful of the area and stay along the designated route.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (312)
Photos (49)
Recordings (333)
Completed (112)
Abeer Sabri
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 18, 2020
Hiking

Got there at 6:30 am on this Friday morning and all parking spots were taken. I had to go to a different place since I wanted to hike this morning.

Amber Swyers
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 12, 2020
HikingFeeMuddyOff trail
View Amber's Recording
C M
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 10, 2020
HikingBugs

Great hike!

View C's Recording
Kole Smith
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 2, 2020
HikingBugs
View Kole's Recording
Miranda Bales
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 30, 2020
HikingOff trailPrivate property

One of my favorite trails. You can pick all sorts of different trails to go up or down the mountain on the other side of the bridge. I did run into a few snakes in late June on the trail between the rocks and the river. Watch for the beautiful bald eagle and nest.

Courtney Kirschke
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 25, 2020
HikingNo shade

No shade at all. Very hot in direct sunlight. Pretty flat for the most part

View Courtney 's Recording
Donn R
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 1, 2020

Extremely limited parking I'm traveling and have RV.. waste of my time no parking street parking has signs that says no parking... I gave it one star because I was not able to use trail

Abeer Sabri
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 29, 2020
HikingBugsOff trail

I finally found the springs this time. The air was still cool and scent of wildflowers with the sound of the water and birds made it like paradise. The AllTrails app was showing me off the trail although I was on the trail which is a bit confusing. I didn't see the bridge that is mentioned in other reviews. Maybe I had to cross the water creek coming down from the springs? I will definitely go again. Saw all kinds of songbirds, two eagles and hummingbirds. But next time I won't forget the bug spray!

Jesse Young
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 25, 2020
Hiking

Great trail(s). It is kind on a “build your own adventure” because there are a lot of sub trails off the main trail with different terrains. Some sub trials we walked, others we hiked. Make sure you are respectful and stay out of the private property (fenced and labeled). We crossed over a bridge over water which was really neat. Other than that bring some bug spray, the mosquitoes were vicious.

Ashley Alley
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 15, 2020
Hiking

Be mindful of all the signage and don’t wander onto the private properties that are marked. Follow Steven Diaz's shortened route (below) in order to avoid wandering onto private property where the landowners have not consented to public use. From what I can see, he did a great job of marking out the permitted access areas. Please, be respectful. This is a beautiful area and I would hate to see it closed down because day users are not being considerate of landowners' wishes. The scenery is absolutely lovely and its location can't be beat if you are a local in this area.

View Ashley's Recording
Carrie McCoy
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 21, 2020
Hiking

Beautiful walk to do in the evenings, especially at sunset.

View Carrie's Recording
Melanie Endicott
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMarch 20, 2020
Hiking

Nice trail but not well marked. Several times my map showed me off the trail and I felt I was on the trail.

View Melanie's Recording
Stephanie Briggs
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 10, 2020
Hiking

Nice scenic trail, dog friendly. discover pass required, though there is some street parking. taking a left on the paved road will lead you to two bridges that cross the little Spokane. Secret waterfall if you take a right. Loop counter clockwise will be easier to avoid the private property areas.

View Stephanie's Recording
Ben VanGerpen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 15, 2019
RunningMuddy

Great moderate trail for walking, running, etc

View Ben's Recording
Steven Diaz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 25, 2019
HikingOff trail
Steven Diaz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 16, 2019
Hiking

This trail is partly on Washington Fish and Wildlife property and some private land that the owners allow hikers on. Be aware of private property signs on adjacent lands and please respect the private land owners wishes of keeping off their property. This is a great hike that crosses over the Little Spokane River and wildlife is present. Bald eagles, moose, coyote and even a bobcat has been seen here. It is pet friendly.

Steven Diaz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 8, 2019
HikingBlowdownPrivate property
Steven Diaz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 7, 2019
HikingBlowdownPrivate property
Steven Diaz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 4, 2019
HikingPrivate property

So apparently someone submitted this trail that most of which is on private land owned by the Severn’s and Witherspoon’s. So let me clarify the boundaries; anything across the bridge going over the Little Spokane River is on the Severn property, which he allows people to hike onto. Anything else with private property and fencing is the Witherspoons property, which he strictly forbids anyone hiking on it, unless you get permission from him. I have received permission from him due to some hiking group affiliations I have. He doesn’t allow this for everyone and he was adamant about telling me that if I disrespect or harm the property of his he would not allow me on it. Now, I have a problem about the person that submitted this route that encroaches on his property and it may increase illegal trespassing onto his property and could cause issues with Fish and Wildlife and AllTrails for allowing to have the recorded trail submitted. I will shortly record a trail loop within the boundaries that will be around 3.2 miles (5k) that people can enjoy without risking getting caught and illegally trespass onto the private property. If you read this, please stay off the private property and respect all land owners wishes.

MJ Owens
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 24, 2019
Hiking

Great trail, close in and accessable for a quick hike. We do this hike often with our 8 yo and infant in a stroller. There are a few tough spots but easily overcome with an off-road stroller.

Matt & Bridget
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 2, 2019
Brandon B.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 7, 2019
HikingOff trailPrivate property

We attempted this 4 mile loop and we're confronted with missing trails junctions and private property with no trespassing signage. Altogether a nice hike, but further investigation is required.

View Brandon's Recording
Abeer Sabri
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 3, 2019
HikingPrivate property

After reading the reviews, I was excited to hike this trail and was hoping to see the waterfall/springs or cross the bridge. But unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find either one. The trail lead me to the private property area so I headed back. The walk was very nice with lots of shade and some views. But not what I was looking forward to. I’ll try it again, maybe I can get to cross the river.