Little Si Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Little Si is the little sister to Mount Si. The trail is easier with less elevation, but the view from the top is just as breathtaking with views of Snoqualmie Valley and Rattlesnake Mountain. Please note that dogs are allowed off leash, it is best to keep your dog on the leash because of the heavy traffic on this trail.

1 hour ago

Great quick, and relatively easy hike close to town. There were only a handful of us on the trail but I think that’s mostly because it’s Tuesday...it was pretty quiet once we started climbing which was nice. The last push to the top is tough but not impossible by any means. Views from the top were nice. Would definitely recommend if you don’t want to drive too far, or don’t have all day to hike.

What a surprise—2 mountain goats chowing down on the rocky cliff not far from the climbing face. On a nice day, this is a good choice for a hike close to Seattle. Sweeping views from the top but be prepared to hear I-90 traffic and see ever expanding North Bend.

Always a fun little hike :)

Great view from the top! A little steep at the end, but totally worth it.

Wonderful hike with kids

great quick hike, great for dogs. Beautiful views from the top.

This trail was beautiful! After spending a lot of time in a city lately, I was so happy to be surrounded by so many big trees. The trail is pretty steep and I was with some people who weren’t regular hikers so we weren’t able to make it all the way. Definitely a good workout! Saw a handful of other hikers along the way so not super quiet.

Good little hike. Steeper at the beginning and the end. I thought the view from the top was ok...not breathtaking, but definitely very nice.

Watch out for bees, they were pretty feisty. Also, ran into a mama mountain goat and her baby.

Nice hike. Went there after seeing the crowd at Rattlesnake Ledge (yikes!). This trail was somewhat busy but nothing like Rattlesnake! Only complaint is that at the top of the climb there’s only a small area for sitting & viewing & not much shade. Lots of shade on the trail though.

A moderate hike. Good to go with kid on back (3 year old / 30 pounds). Parts of it can be steep, but overall manageable. Some switchbacks later in the hike. Gave me a feeling of entering the Jurassic world - dunno why :)
Limited space up top for larger groupss and views are nothing fantastic, but at least something.

Really fun hike, it's a pretty mixed challenge. Once you get past the steep first portion, it's pretty mild and more trail-like until you get to the end. Be careful for bees/wasps, they were in a frenzy when I visited and I saw two people getting stung, and another young kid walking back on the trail with his parents who got stung.

Finally to all the dog owners who take their pups hiking... PICK UP AND DISPOSE OF YOUR DOG'S POOP, AND IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT... KEEP YOUR DOG AT HOME. I saw at least 8 dog bags left on the trail in various spots. Really people, do you think the dog poop fairy going to take care of that for you? Clean up your shit, or leave the dog at home. Respect our mother earth and leave the trail better than you found it.

We had an enjoyable time hiking little Si today. We were looking for a hike our 4 year old could do mostly on her own. She did a great job, just needing a little help at the beginning and a lot of help at the end as the climb got much more difficult for little legs. If you’re an experienced hiker, I would definitely say skip this one and hike Mount Si instead where the views are much more rewarding. This is a great hike though for families and beginning hikers.

Worth the hike

WASPS—— Watch out for wasps about 2.25 miles just off trail. People were getting bit but also passing without issue.

Exactly as described. Great hike!

I had never hiked this trail but decided it sounded like a quick, decent training hike for a backpacking trip. I did this hike with a 20lb pack and it was VERY challenging. The first 0.25 mile is really uneven and rocky, basically straight up. If you have any balance issues or aren’t in the greatest physical shape, I recommend bringing hiking poles.
I would say the bulk of the trail is pretty moderate but the end going up to the summit was extremely steep again. I made it up and back in an hour and a half which I felt was decent with a 20lb pack but people were trail running up and down; I got lapped twice.

All in all a really nice hike, go early in the morning to avoid crowds and be prepared for a great glute workout

Loved this trail. I would definitely do it again.

Hike is okay. The view is nothing spectacular up top. When I got back at 10am Sunday, the parking lot was full, so get there early.

First hike in the PNW and although it was great to get out... this hikes “work to reward” (views) ratio was lackluster.

I went at 10 am on a Friday morning and it was uncomfortably packed. There were at least two scout groups of about ten to fifteen kids, and two adult groups of about ten each later up the trail. Not to mention the numerous single and double hikers. Because of the crowds the hike became unbearably slow and wasn’t tranquil. I guess I am a bit of a curmudgeonly hiker.

Having said the above, Pros: pretty views, lovely foliage, usually nice weather during the summer. Cons: going very slowly due to getting stuck behind so many crowds, listening to lots of other people’s conversations, stopping often to let others pass the opposite direction, difficulty finding parking.

I will say that this is a great hike for children because it has a fun payout for not too much effort. Just be sure to use the bathroom before you get to the trailhead because the bathrooms there are so gross.

I hope you all have a better experience than I did. :-) Happy hiking!

Since today was a hot and hazy August day I thought the shade on the trail would be a nice way to stay cool.
Overall, the shady center of the trail was the best part in my opinion. The first part and final parts of the trail are a little steep. I feel like Little Si is more challenging than the views are worth. However it's very well maintained and traveled.

Climbed on a hot day and the shade in the fern forests was great. One of my favorite hikes in Washington.

Great trail for the family. Some small challenges but easy enough to get through without feeling completely drained. Still need to bring your water and a snack for the summit. Fantastic views!

Great trail to warm the bones up on. My wife and I did it in an afternoon. The greatest challenge is finding a place to park. Both the main and overflow parking lots were full as well as the parking for the city park across the river. We parked almost two miles from the trail head. Beware of parking illegally as the King County Sheriff actively patrols the “No Parking” areas paired with a tow truck. We saw a couple of vehicles get towed.

The trail itself is mild to moderate with only one spot towards the top that gets a little more difficult (wet jagged rocks). It’s crowded so get used to sharing the trail with many people. Otherwise enjoy the view!

We came to Little Si after a small hike at Snoqualmie Falls. Little Si is an awesome moderate level hike. We had our 6 and 8 year old boys with us and they loved this hike compared to Snoqualmie, which they thought was boring. Little Si is nicely shaded, has a lot of areas to climb and explore, and is a great way to spend the day. I think it took us about 4 hours to complete it, trailhead to peak and then back down, including a few breaks and a picnic on the peak. The views at the peak are beautiful and well worth the hike. My family would definitely do this one again.

Light and steady ascend 2/3 the rest is steep. View is okay.

Nice trail! Light traffic this morning, started just before 10. A little cloudy but helped to stay cool and the views at the top were decent even though Mount Si wasn’t visible.

Nice hike with several great view points at the peak.