Little Si Trail

MODERATE 1,028 reviews

Little Si Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Little Si is the little sister to Mount Si. The trail is easier with less elevation, but the view from the top is just as breathtaking with views of Snoqualmie Valley and Rattlesnake Mountain. Please note that dogs are allowed off leash, it is best to keep your dog on the leash because of the heavy traffic on this trail.

I went at 10 am on a Friday morning and it was uncomfortably packed. There were at least two scout groups of about ten to fifteen kids, and two adult groups of about ten each later up the trail. Not to mention the numerous single and double hikers. Because of the crowds the hike became unbearably slow and wasn’t tranquil. I guess I am a bit of a curmudgeonly hiker.

Having said the above, Pros: pretty views, lovely foliage, usually nice weather during the summer. Cons: going very slowly due to getting stuck behind so many crowds, listening to lots of other people’s conversations, stopping often to let others pass the opposite direction, difficulty finding parking.

I will say that this is a great hike for children because it has a fun payout for not too much effort. Just be sure to use the bathroom before you get to the trailhead because the bathrooms there are so gross.

I hope you all have a better experience than I did. :-) Happy hiking!

Since today was a hot and hazy August day I thought the shade on the trail would be a nice way to stay cool.
Overall, the shady center of the trail was the best part in my opinion. The first part and final parts of the trail are a little steep. I feel like Little Si is more challenging than the views are worth. However it's very well maintained and traveled.

Climbed on a hot day and the shade in the fern forests was great. One of my favorite hikes in Washington.

Great trail for the family. Some small challenges but easy enough to get through without feeling completely drained. Still need to bring your water and a snack for the summit. Fantastic views!

Great trail to warm the bones up on. My wife and I did it in an afternoon. The greatest challenge is finding a place to park. Both the main and overflow parking lots were full as well as the parking for the city park across the river. We parked almost two miles from the trail head. Beware of parking illegally as the King County Sheriff actively patrols the “No Parking” areas paired with a tow truck. We saw a couple of vehicles get towed.

The trail itself is mild to moderate with only one spot towards the top that gets a little more difficult (wet jagged rocks). It’s crowded so get used to sharing the trail with many people. Otherwise enjoy the view!

We came to Little Si after a small hike at Snoqualmie Falls. Little Si is an awesome moderate level hike. We had our 6 and 8 year old boys with us and they loved this hike compared to Snoqualmie, which they thought was boring. Little Si is nicely shaded, has a lot of areas to climb and explore, and is a great way to spend the day. I think it took us about 4 hours to complete it, trailhead to peak and then back down, including a few breaks and a picnic on the peak. The views at the peak are beautiful and well worth the hike. My family would definitely do this one again.

Light and steady ascend 2/3 the rest is steep. View is okay.

Nice trail! Light traffic this morning, started just before 10. A little cloudy but helped to stay cool and the views at the top were decent even though Mount Si wasn’t visible.

Nice hike with several great view points at the peak.

Hike this last week and it was pretty great!! Quite a few switch backs, and a few times where we looked at each other unsure of exactly where to go, but we figured it out. Not to hard, but towards the end there’s a good incline that’ll get your heart pumping. The view is gorgeous! Bring bug spray we were getting eaten alive!! But overall great moderate hike!! Would do again.

Nice fairly easy hike. A few little short inclines, but nothing too tough. Hiked it with or 2 year old in a backpack and she even did a couple of short stretches. The hike itself is gorgeous with amazing rock features, but the views at the end are a little lackluster. We started early, which turned out to be a good idea as it got pretty crowded and pretty warm on our way down. Overall a nice short morning hike. Also, everyone was very friendly and all the dogs were well behaved.

Nice shady hike on a hot day. Great views at summit.

it was the first trail we hiked on. we hiked to the summit and ate lunch there. when we got to our car I wanted to go again.

This was my first hike, which I feel I did fairly well. I walked 2-3 miles every couple of days to prepare for it, which wasn't really good enough as I recommend checking elevation on all hikes to prepare properly for them as this was quite an incline hike for me.

Hike #1✓

Nice easy hike with the kids. One of our neighbors joined us for this hike with their 6 year old daughter. Despite their first hike, everyone did well and enjoyed the beautiful view of Mount Si.

Top to Little Si summit is 4.2 miles total and location is 1520 feet. These information is wrong here.

A great hike. We tacked on Boulder Garden which added another 1.4 miles. Beautiful views and tree cover. A peaceful trail with some kick.

Clean trail but to many bags of dog poo please take it with you

Great for an early morning family jaunt.

Great hike! It is very rocky. I took my puppy which made it a little more challenging. Definitely worth the drive.

Okay hike with a nice view at the end but nothing stunning. Steep portions/lots of uphill sections. Rocky and lots of roots along the trail. Probably wouldn't hike it again, but only because there are so many great hikes to choose from in the seattle area.

Fun little hike for a couple of hours. Too many people with unleashed dogs though.

We did Little Si after doing Mt. So last weekend. The trails are vastly different, but this one can be done in about 2 hours at a good pace. The trail gets busy at 9a. The earlier the better for a smooth hike! On the way up there’s quite a bit of uphill, obviously, but some downhill and flats. Probably not the best for young kids. The steps can be steep and difficult for little legs.

Went with a large group and there was light traffic on the trail! Great place to rock climb too.

first hike! got here 630 am saturday, lot half full. overcast sky made it easy to stay comfortable.

great hike, definitely moderate

Very nice, easy-moderate hike making it a great choice for families with children.
Just realize that this is a very popular hike. Ideally, either do it midweek or get there very early. I hiked it today, on Memorial day, so you can imagine the hunt for a parking spot.
Aside from trailhead parking, there is also an overflow parking lot, and additional parking about a mile away, just past the bridge.
You must have a Discover pass hanging on your rear view mirror, which can be purchased online ahead of time, or at a few nearby businesses such as the Shell station nearby.
The hike gains elevation quickly for the first half mile then flattens out midway, with a fairly steep ascent at the end.