Lime Kiln Point State Park Trails

Lime Kiln Point State Park Trails is a 0.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Friday Harbor, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

beach

historic site

Easy trail to walk with great views of the bay and strait. Lime Kiln Lighthouse offers excellent views of whales and some great photo opportunities.

great easy hike and an awesome swimming hole at the end.

Great views!

Took our car across on the ferry from Anacortes to San Juan Island and visited the Camps and Lime Kiln Point State Park - we saw a pod of orcas just off the point at the lighthouse, also some really cool trees with mahogany colored bark. Short trails for some fun exploring and whale watching!

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Sunday, July 27, 2014

There's a board in front of the light house that details when the latest whale sightings occurred. I haven't been able to spot any. Yet.... I'll be back! And now the details about the "trail." It's a paved path for the most part, and there are lots and lots of whale gazers sitting about and blocking every angle. It's a pretty view of the Strait, but I'm not going to be too kind because I didn't get to see THE ONE THING I came here to see: whales!

Saturday, May 03, 2014

We stop at this park every time we are in the San Juans. We've been lucky each time to see the resident orca pod up close. It made me want to start kayaking as the couple out that day were an arms reach from the pod. Amazing. We saw leopard seals too.