Lily and Lizard Lakes Loop Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bow, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lily/Lizard Lakes Loop is a 10 mile loop trail located near Bow, Washington. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for mountain biking.

BEWARE!!! I parked for an hour and three minutes this afternoon and my window was busted when I got back to my car. Going to cost me hundreds of dollars for a shitty hike.

Great hike, loops seamlessly to the Dome. Bit strenuous with the snow at lower elevations with the slush. Higher up though it was easier, despite the 8ish inches of snow.

Oyster Dome is a five star hike with the views! Skip these lakes as they looking like swamps! Head down the hill and spend your time eating the areas fresh oysters and local beers instead.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Great trail for an extended day hike. Lots of fun elevation and climbs

Monday, September 04, 2017

Beware! I couldn't get my 93 Eurovan up to parking lot! Last part of road was Steep with Huge boilerplate mountains! Had to back down and park on road the jump in friend's car. In his Toyota tundra you could barely feel the bumps.... when we hiked oyster dome before we went from chukanut so I wasn't aware of road conditions...
Hot day with family and friends. The steady hike up up ( good workout!) through the shady forest was perfect. Started at Samish overlook and went towards oyster dome but went to lily and lizard lakes instead. Lakes are beautiful inland lakes. Didn't seem swimmable like fragrance lake so kids (9,11,13) stayed out but quiet and beautiful lunch spot we had to ourselves up until we were about to leave. Went out via Max's shortcut to Larry reed.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Lily pond was kinda mucky and gross. Campgrounds all around there with grills which was cool. Lizard lake too. But lizard lake was bigger and was easier for dogs to cool off in. Both nice but not incredible.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Great hike! Very well marked.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Nice easy pace, not crowded. Amazing view from North Butte trail.

Friday, February 10, 2017

ATTENTION!! Oyster Dome, North Butte, and Lily and Lizard lakes are under threat of being clear cut starting THIS SUMMER. Our local legislators need our pressure in order to allocate funding to preserve these areas that are enjoyed and loved by so many. SHARE this video to invoke the action of others. LIKE and COMMENT on your shares so that it stays visible in the news feed. And most importantly, CALL your local legislators by CLICKING THE LINK BELOW. Also, contact the key budget writers listed below. It will have a HUGE effect. Tell them to SAY NO TO CLEAR CUTTING OYSTER DOME.

Find your Local Legislators here:

Fax: (360) 786 - 1999
Jim.Honeyford@leg.wa.gov

Monday, August 22, 2016

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Great trail! Took Max's Shortcut up to Lily lake and cut over to the Oyster Dome. It was a beautiful hike, and a much more moderate way to get to the Oyster Dome.

Thursday, November 05, 2015

Lily/Lizard swamp? The walk up there was long but was a great way to feel lost in the beauty of the forest. Though the two "lakes" were somewhat of a buzzkill. "This is it???" Was my first thought. I ended up continuing to the oyster dome to feel satisfied, no way was I going to hike 10 miles to see a grassy pond! I don't hike much so this was a decent exercise as I did not feel like falling over and dying. There are rails left along the mountain from all the logging done back in the days (you can tell by the ginormous moldy stumps as they've been cut years ago). Carts were filled with lumber and guided down the mountain. That was pretty interesting. Also I'd like to add that it would be a great idea to do this early in the day.... I started at 4 pm and got back by 9 and it was very dark....Great forest walk, not much of a fulfilling view though. Challenge yourself and keep hiking up to the dome!

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Great forest walk. Good elevation gain. Plenty of options. We started at the Upper Trailhead near the Alger Exit off I-5. We did a loop with a couple side trips. Lizard Lake, Lilly Lake, Oyster Dome, Max' Cutoff and then back to the upper trailhead. The App shows that we went 11.1 miles. This is a little more then standard trail maps say. There is a parking lot past where the trail takes off to the right and heads off into the woods. The app would not let me "check in" at the parking lot. It said it was too far from the trail head. If you start at the upper lot, be sure to stop at the lower lot enroute. There is a bathroom there, but not at the upper lot. You can start hiking from the lower lot.

Sunday, April 05, 2015

We started from the Upper Trailhead parking lot. It was a great day for a hike, but as we got closer to the lake, it got very cold. There was a lot of skunk cabbage in bloom throughout the trail. About halfway up, we found the trillium starting to bloom and some bleeding hearts too. At the lake we sat at one of the camp areas and enjoyed our lunches.

Friday, May 23, 2014

I really like this hike! For a beginner like me, it was just challenging enough without thinking I was going to die. There are a couple signs after you hike up that show you which way to lily and lizard lake, but there is also a shortcut that connects the lakes as well. If I had taken a better look at the map before we hiked I would have known that. Be careful if you take the shortcut that at the end you head the right way or you'll end up going to Oyster Dome. I got lucky this time. Beautiful day and fun seeing that there had been beavers at Lizard lake from some of the trees they chewed down.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

A great hike to a beautiful lake. The trail itself was clear and easy to maneuver. Lots of evidence of beaver. Great day hike.

Friday, March 01, 2013

We started the hike at about 8am from the Oyster Dome trailhead and there were only 3 cars including ours. Didn't quite make it to Lizard Lake but did for Lily Lake. Started the hike actually looking to hike for Oyster Dome and I think I got kinda lost, but ended up at Lily Lake...and thats ok with me. The last 3/4 mile or so had snow but not bad at all. The lake was covered completely. A few downed large branches as well but you can easily maneuver around them. Hiking back we passed a large amount of people and there were probably 50 cars where there were originally 3. A great endurance hike with amazing views. Dog friendly as well.