Lily and Lizard Lakes Loop Trail

Lily and Lizard Lakes Loop Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bow, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until August.

Lily/Lizard Lakes Loop is a 10 mile loop trail located near Bow, Washington. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for mountain biking.

ATTENTION!! Oyster Dome, North Butte, and Lily and Lizard lakes are under threat of being clear cut starting THIS SUMMER. Our local legislators need our pressure in order to allocate funding to preserve these areas that are enjoyed and loved by so many. SHARE this video to invoke the action of others. LIKE and COMMENT on your shares so that it stays visible in the news feed. And most importantly, CALL your local legislators by CLICKING THE LINK BELOW. Also, contact the key budget writers listed below. It will have a HUGE effect. Tell them to SAY NO TO CLEAR CUTTING OYSTER DOME.

Find your Local Legislators here:

PO Box 40415
Olympia, WA 98504
Fax: (360) 786 - 1999
Jim.Honeyford@leg.wa.gov

Great trail! Took Max's Shortcut up to Lily lake and cut over to the Oyster Dome. It was a beautiful hike, and a much more moderate way to get to the Oyster Dome.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Friday, November 27, 2015

Thursday, November 05, 2015

Lily/Lizard swamp? The walk up there was long but was a great way to feel lost in the beauty of the forest. Though the two "lakes" were somewhat of a buzzkill. "This is it???" Was my first thought. I ended up continuing to the oyster dome to feel satisfied, no way was I going to hike 10 miles to see a grassy pond! I don't hike much so this was a decent exercise as I did not feel like falling over and dying. There are rails left along the mountain from all the logging done back in the days (you can tell by the ginormous moldy stumps as they've been cut years ago). Carts were filled with lumber and guided down the mountain. That was pretty interesting. Also I'd like to add that it would be a great idea to do this early in the day.... I started at 4 pm and got back by 9 and it was very dark....Great forest walk, not much of a fulfilling view though. Challenge yourself and keep hiking up to the dome!

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Great forest walk. Good elevation gain. Plenty of options. We started at the Upper Trailhead near the Alger Exit off I-5. We did a loop with a couple side trips. Lizard Lake, Lilly Lake, Oyster Dome, Max' Cutoff and then back to the upper trailhead. The App shows that we went 11.1 miles. This is a little more then standard trail maps say. There is a parking lot past where the trail takes off to the right and heads off into the woods. The app would not let me "check in" at the parking lot. It said it was too far from the trail head. If you start at the upper lot, be sure to stop at the lower lot enroute. There is a bathroom there, but not at the upper lot. You can start hiking from the lower lot.

Sunday, April 05, 2015

We started from the Upper Trailhead parking lot. It was a great day for a hike, but as we got closer to the lake, it got very cold. There was a lot of skunk cabbage in bloom throughout the trail. About halfway up, we found the trillium starting to bloom and some bleeding hearts too. At the lake we sat at one of the camp areas and enjoyed our lunches.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015