Lila Lake Trail

Lila Lake Trail is a 9.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cle Elum, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 62. Left onto Kachess Lake Rd for 5.5 miles. Right on FSR 4930 for 3.5 miles to trailhead at end of road

Everytime I come to the PNW I fall more and more in love with the place. This hike was my first overnight trek and a brilliant one at that. Get in early to get the best campsites though, especially on a cracking weekend like I had.

I loved this place! Was there July 14-16 and my goodness I've never seen so many people camped in one location. It's amazing there was room for us all. The trail wasn't well marked and we found ourselves accidentally going on little side trails a few times but were rewarded with great views. The bugs were very heavy so we hid in the tent and spent a lot of time on the water to avoid them. All in all though, it was a great trip and I'll go again! Definitely take the time to visit Rampart Lakes and climb to the summit of Alta Mountain while there!

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

My wife and I backpacked to Lila Lake. The trail has many larger roots and rock obstacles/steps to hike over. The trail was well maintained though. This was a bit troublesome for our 8 year old dog. Towards the end of the hike we had to take several breaks to allow our dog’s legs to rest. The view of Rachel Lake from the ridge is amazing. The extra hike from Rachel to Lila Lake is well worth the effort. The view of Lila Lake as you descend from the ridge is breathtaking. We camped right next to the Lake, between a row of trees and rock face which blocked most of the light wind. There were a few other camps set up, but the spacing between the camps was so vast we had basically complete privacy. The hike back down went faster as most of it was downhill. This did stress my knees a bit and wipe the remainder of our dogs energy. All in all this is a great and challenging hike with amazing views.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Friday, July 15, 2016

Monday, August 31, 2015

Thursday, November 06, 2014

I would have to assume that this is a early-to-mid season hike as the snow was heavy and full between Rachel lake (2 miles lower down the ridge) and Lila Lake. The lower trail to Rachel Lake is very muddy/marshy with at least 5 blow-overs. Some serious trail maintenance is in this trail's future next year to make it accessible to the normal public again. Positively, the trail is a commitment with the 4+ miles of dirt road full of pot-holes and washboards. Be careful and prepared for this hike from October through November, as it is wet and challenging for footing.