Liberty Lake Loop Trail

Liberty Lake Loop Trail is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Liberty Lake, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It costs $2 per person to enter the park where the trailhead is located. The path is open to hikers, dogs on a leash, and equestrians. The trail is very well maintained. The first mile is fairly level and good for trail runs. The waterfall is 2.5 miles into the hike, so it's a nice round 5 miles going to the falls and back. Great day hike! The entire route shown is the loop at Liberty Lake WA, it can include a side loop of about 4 miles. - Hiking the loop clockwise (opposite the direction of this guide), you reach the Cedar Grove with a warning sign that the trail is "primitive" beyond that point. Keep on going, it is a disclaimer sign geared toward the casual day walker/hiker. The trail is a regular hiking trail beyond that point. Its not suitable for people out for a stroll in the park, but perfect for hikers. - If going early in the spring or late in the fall, when there is a chance of snow in the waterfall area, hike the loop clockwise (opposite the direction of this guide). The trail up to the waterfalls is steep, so in snow/ice conditions, it is better to be going uphill. Also, Diamond spikes or similar traction device for boots is recommended - along with a trekking pole. In snow/ice pack, continue to go up, the probability of injury increases exponentially trying to hike down steep ice covered inclines.

Love this Trail. If you want just a short Loop when you get to the bridge cross it and hike about a mile and a half along the creek. then where the trail forks take the trail to the left and follow the creek back on the other side. should take about an hour. approximately 5 miles round trip from the first parking lot. this part of the hike is easy not much elevation.

One of my favorite go to places. Easy access and well marked trails.
Love the ease into the challenge, Hike begins on a well groomed road then moves into forested scene including an ever present babbling brook.
Hike moves into the incline moving you up to the higher elevations this is the hard work, but so beautiful the effort is fully worth the climb.
Recent upgrades, new trail markers and newer alternate path ending the hike by the quiet babbling brook.

Go on the loop counterclockwise for an easier ascent. Great big easy trail (almost road).
Please clean up after yourself. Pack it in, pack it out. Out house near cabin & Liberty Creek falls.

Took my 5 year old on 2.5 miles of t. Did not make to the water falls - good trail will revisit.

Nice, well designed paths.

Today was my first solo hike and frankly I underestimated your guy's assessment of "moderate". I really forced myself out today because I am trying new things. (Can you tell I am freshly broken up?)
The first part of the walk to the trail head is nice. Not crowded but kind of peacefully populated. Very much a multi purpose park but nicely done. The first jaunt is charming. I noted that the "trail" was big enough I could have just drove my truck. I have a knack for negatives and it was a bit muggy but dusty... idk, really was not feeling it tho.
I came to an area under construction and got a bit turned around. This app was great for that! Finally back on course... or a mule trail... a steep one. Be forewarned that initial change is probably the worst of it... at least to the falls. But yeah, I was not expecting such a vertical climb. Doable for sure but I wouldn't take the younger kids really. I am sure some family's are skilled enough tho.
This is not a great view point hike. I haven't hiked a lot but I am gonna tell you now if you want stunning views... ehhh. 2 star maybe. Honestly, Do not expect anything that you didn't see in the pics on the app.
However, if you take out your head phones and just start to listen... it's so nice. You can hear the creek for most of the trek, several birds and chirpy bugs... you will see many things scurry about. I heard a cougar roar... it was a plane, but it actually did get remote enough that I had the "oh shit I am alone" feeling as you feel the temperature drop and the trees thicken. It's a rigorous climb.... at least it was for me. By the time you get to the waterfall you will literally sit your ass down on the bench and think "the hell?".
Stay for a minute. It grows on ya.
At this point I realized my phone was low and frantically started clearing apps and closed the map for the app. That paid version might actually be even more useful with download options (I am not even being paid to say that). I thought I would brave the back half on primal instinct. Took one look up at the continuing trail and accepted my reality lol. I am not that brave yet... but honestly, my mood had improved enough that the walk back was just as enjoyable.
Being my first solo trek... well... I have had a lot more disappointing firsts in my life. I kinda want to try to go the full loop and take more of the side trails so I am sure I will find my way back.

I've done the full loop many times and it's great. I'd say a good bit of traffic but not too much. It's a great trail and well maintained. If you bring a bike there's a good bike of walking past the Cedar Forest but the down hill on the way back its great!

the other reviews are pretty accurate except that even though there were others it wasn't crowded. the shade from the trees made it a nice temp but there were lots of mosquitos. seriously, I wasn't picking them off me constantly. the trail is well maintained but there aren't many signs along the way so it's hard to keep track of where you are at and how far is left. the pay booth has trail maps that they hand out, if you need them.

Great trail, very well groomed and easy to navigate. Only downside is there are very few places to get a picture of the valley and lake because the trail is mostly in the trees. Would definitely do it again!

Is trail still closed?

Trail closed

Wonderful trail. Very woodsy and shady for Eastern Washington, the kind of trail I like. Near a lake and a campground as well. Beautiful!

An absolutely beautiful hike. The beginning of the hike is relatively mild as you follow along side of the creek. It quickly elevates in difficulty after reaching the cedar tree rest spot and heads near vertical up the side of the mountain through a series of switch back trails.

Because the start of this hike begins in a County Park, there is a $2 per person admission fee, but considering... it's not all that steep.

I will return in the spring to see the falls at peak season. They were hardly flowing but still a beautiful hike

Great trail - any trees that previously had fallen across the path have since been removed.

Nice loop trail!

My third visit to Liberty Lake. This time I did the whole loop instead of cutting it short or wandering beyond it. I really enjoyed the section of the loop that I hadn't seen yet. I was able to complete the whole loop after work before it got dark.

This is a beautiful trail but alot of it is blocked with fallen trees. The map that the RV park gives to you is inaccurate so it is somewhat confusing. There are quite a few bridges that cross over a stream to other trails. Make sure you have mosquito repellent! They used me for lunch! I would give this trail 4 stars once it was cleared of trees and more clearly marked. I would do it again.

First half of the non-horse trail was easy. second half was up some pretty good elevation, so hard. averages out to moderate. loved it

Amazing hike through the greenest of trees! Shaded most of the way with a few falls to see along the way. Well maintained trail; you can tell there are a few break offs from the main trail but we didn't stray. Wasn't able to find the good view of the lake, but overall a rewarding morning. On a hot day, it's also fun to jump in the lake afterwards!