Liberty Lake Loop Trail

Liberty Lake Loop Trail is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Liberty Lake, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It costs $2 per person to enter the park where the trailhead is located. The path is open to hikers, dogs on a leash, and equestrians. The trail is very well maintained. The first mile is fairly level and good for trail runs. The waterfall is 2.5 miles into the hike, so it's a nice round 5 miles going to the falls and back. Great day hike! The entire route shown is the loop at Liberty Lake WA, it can include a side loop of about 4 miles. - Hiking the loop clockwise (opposite the direction of this guide), you reach the Cedar Grove with a warning sign that the trail is "primitive" beyond that point. Keep on going, it is a disclaimer sign geared toward the casual day walker/hiker. The trail is a regular hiking trail beyond that point. Its not suitable for people out for a stroll in the park, but perfect for hikers. - If going early in the spring or late in the fall, when there is a chance of snow in the waterfall area, hike the loop clockwise (opposite the direction of this guide). The trail up to the waterfalls is steep, so in snow/ice conditions, it is better to be going uphill. Also, Diamond spikes or similar traction device for boots is recommended - along with a trekking pole. In snow/ice pack, continue to go up, the probability of injury increases exponentially trying to hike down steep ice covered inclines.

Beautiful hike. Very long and very steep. The waterfall was tiny, but overall it was beautiful!!! Will definitely go on this hike again.

Hiked the loop counterclockwise. We much preferred this direction because it got the straight, steep section out of the way at the beginning. Even this early in the winter spikes were necessary on the section between the cabin and the cedar grove. Great hike -love doing this one every year.

Went in early November, it was wet but very doable. We did the whole loop. This time of year it wasn’t crowded at all, and it was really nice. I’d heard about this hike for years, but never went. I’m so glad that I finally did!!

My husband and I set out to hike a couple of miles, and ended up hiking the entire 8.7 miles. Beautiful day, nice maintained trail. Will definitely go again.

Love this hike! So beautiful!

We loved this area and will definitely be back! There was a mama moose with two young, so we turned around and went the opposite way. Uphill for a lot of it, but fun and beautiful nonetheless.

This trail is about 9.6 starting from the liberty lake parking lot. It’s fairly flat except for about a mile with switch backs leading up to the cabin. The trail is very well groomed. If you’re going for the views, be aware there is really only one good ‘lookout’ type view, and no noticeable submit, just the cabin at the end of the trail. We did this trail early October, and the fall foliage was beautiful but overall I would describe this trail as anticlimactic.

lovely

Good hike. The kids, dog and I had fun.

Beautiful hike! Very well maintained trail. Very peaceful. Cedar Grove was a nice rest point. I always try to select trails with water near by for my dog to cool off. This is perfect with a stream running along the trail. I will definitely be going back in the next week or two. No parking fee right now as it is the off season for the lake goers. Best I've hiked in awhile.

I have done this trail many times, both hiking and mountain biking. It is beautiful.

Great trail with beautiful lush forest, a cedar grove, bridges and a waterfall. Plan plenty of time for the hike and know that there is a third of a mile hike just to the trailhead.

I’m not sure where the review in All Trails for the loop starts to get the 8.5 miles. I was expecting to hit the waterfall 2.5 miles in from the trailhead, but it was closer to 3. We came up just short of the top of the waterfall due to time constraints, and our out and back trip from the parking lot was 7.1 miles rather than then 5 miles I had planned on.

Looks like several other potential trail intersect this one as future possibilities.

Nice clean trail and follows a small stream.

Good hike for a Missouri Feller

I have done this trail multiple times, but I admit that the first time I was somewhat let down by the waterfall you experience about 1/2 of the way through, as it was more a cascade than a admirable falls. That being said, this trail is very pleasant, and long, but for the most part is accessible by a variety of walkers/hikers/runners. There are some switchback climbs in the middle part, so if one is fatigued already, this might present a challenge, but an advantage is that this trail is mostly shaded, and fallows a creek for the first (or last 1/3) , depending on where you start. This trail can be deceptive, as its accessibility can disguise how long it takes to complete it. A friend and I ended up doing the last 1/3 of the gradual descent in the dark in Oct of 2016, as we mis judged the level of daylight we had. Another thing to watch for is the beginning area is surrounded by swampy wetlands, and your feet may become quite wet trying to traverse it, even on marked trails. Overall, a great family hike, easily accessible by car.

Took this with friends and family. Very well maintained and beautiful trail. Youngest member of our group was 5 and made it well.

excellent trail. shaded for the most part. We went counter clockwise around the loop and it was great.

June - Late Spring \ Early Summer

This loop trail offers some scenic views and solitude if your willing to go the full 8 miles. At a decent pace with no stops, we were able to hike the whole loop in about 3 hours.

The beginning of the trail doesn’t offer much other than some easy trail along a creek. After going deeper though the trail shows off a bit more with some dense groves and a beautiful rock slide waterfall at about the halfway point.

There is some elevation gain so prepare for a few switchbacks, but nothing too strenuous.

The trail is mostly shaded by the surrounding forest, so there is plenty of shade throughout. There are also multiple creeks for your dog companions to drink and wet their feet in.

For those looking for a longer or more epic hike, there is a branching trail around the halfway point that leads to a peak.

There is a nice large parking spot that fits multiple vehicles, but a $2 fee per person is required.

Overall a pretty hike that’s worth doing again if you are willing to go the whole 8 miles.

Clean, well-kept, and challenging. We did the full loop... clockwise... which seemed to be the wise choice as there were some long, steep grades along the horse side of the trail that, while difficult to descend, would have been much more difficult to ascend.
Plenty of shade on a hot, 90 degree, mid-day hike. The waterfalls were pretty, but not free-falling. The cabin has been restored a couple of times, so it’s really just a tin-sided shelter. We were a bit let down, hoping it was going to be an old, rustic cabin. Still cool. It tools us nearly 3.5 hours to complete the entire 8+ mile loop.

beautiful trail!

it has some steeper inclines but was beautiful and well worth the time

The trail was very clean and well kept. I wish that there are more signs and directions to tell you where you are at or how far to the waterfall and etc. from the parking to the waterfall and back was a little over 6miles. We didn’t get to the waterfall after hiking over 3miles and we started to wonder somehow we missed it (because there are no signs at all) but we weren’t! so, it’s more than 2.5 miles to the waterfall. going is up and up so coming back is faster. it was a great hiking!! nice view and pretty flowers :)

I love this trail..

Fun and easy! took my dog!

Beautiful hike with gorgeous scenerys.

Had a wonderful hike for first time on this trail. Very well maintained trail with some challenging parts. Beautiful and mostly shaded. Only hiked to waterfall. May go all the way around next time.

Did the whole loop clockwisr. Great trail and very well maintained. Beautiful view of the lake.

Challenging....don't expect the falls to be huge! was a nice afternoon hike!

I've done this trail a few times. Trail is great and is maintained very well. Nice walk along the creek.

I have taken this hike many times, pretty easy to the cedar grove then it gets much harder with elevation and switchbacks, it is worth going to the falls, don’t expect a big falls, it is a good place to have a picnic, take your mosquito spray or you might never be seen again after they carry you off!