Your session expired, please sign in again to continue.

Lake Whatcom Trail

Lake Whatcom Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bellingham, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Lake views, family friendly, wildflowers and waterfalls Lots of large Douglas fir trees, cedar, maple and Madrone trees. The trail ends in 3 miles at a fenced private property. This is a good hike for birding. Lake Whatcom basin was carved by a glacier over a mile thick. It is filled by rain, mountain streams and water diverted from the middle fork of the Nooksack river which comes from the Deming glacier on Mt. Baker. This lake supplies water for over 60,000 people in the Bellingham area.

Nice walk ... along lake family friendly

Easy out and back. First two miles are well maintained gravel and dirt. Third mile is dirt, rocks and roots but very manageable. Trail stays on the lake and is well shaded.

awesome trail around lake. Beautiful scenery

Perfect with a run stroller

Beautiful trail and is now one of my favorites! The trail is both covered with shade and has areas uncovered to feel the sun. Lots of trees and benches along the way, and spots to take in the views, have lunch and enjoy. Perfect for families and biking riding, running and for dogs. There’s a small waterfall, swimming areas, and perfect for kayaking. I’ll be back lots now that I found this spot!

Nice easy one, beautiful

This was a beautiful trail, not too remote and not difficult. Lots of places to enjoy a snack and the lake.

beautiful easy trail. fun small rocks to climb on and see lake Whatcom from

Saturday, April 08, 2017

We did this trail a while ago and enjoyed it.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Pretty flat and easy.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Nice easy 3 mile trail on the edge of Lake Whatcom. Very close to town, but feels remote. Trail is wide and very well maintained. Light use the day we walked it.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

This was a great hike/walk with my pups however, there were many dogs off leash. This made it extremely difficult for my partner and I to walk our dogs. The off leash dogs would run up to us on the trail and one was a little aggressive our dog that gets along with other dogs. The water was wonderful and the sunset was beautiful.

Monday, August 08, 2016

Nice wide trail! Easy walking! Beautiful lake!

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Quiet! I expected more people in this flat wide trail. Soothing sounds brought to you by the lapping lake shore!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Beautiful.

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Great place to go for a walk. Also has lots of nice places to go and take a dip in the water.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

I tried finding Whatcom Falls in this database but couldn't. So here is a review of Whatcom Falls! There are beautiful winding trails that lead to numerous swimming spots in the middle of the forest, just be sure to be sensible about jumping and the rocks and what not.

Friday, May 20, 2016

Love this Trail. you can do almost as many miles as you'd like depending on how much you want to run or walk. you have watering holes, pond, narrow trails, paved trails, stairs, etc. definitely a good work out. Definitely a must do.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Lovely. Beautiful woods. Biggest ferns I've ever seen!

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Easy walking. Nice lake Whatcom view. Very relaxing atmosphere.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Beautiful place to take a leisurely stroll on a very well groomed path. The views of Lake Whatcom are peaceful and lovely.

Friday, November 13, 2015

Easy stroll with North West features of moss covered trees, massive Douglas Firs, and beautiful Whatcom Lake.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Nice, easy and pleasant walking. I was recovering from being sick and wanted to get outside- this was a good way to get some fresh air. Very flat. Well maintained. Some pretty little water falls along the way that you can scramble up. Off-leash dogs can be annoying so keep yours on a leash. (signs are posted!)

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Gorgeous trail. Easy to do and definitely something you can bend to the length you desire that day. Pretty busy, so make sure you are prepared for crowds and lots of dogs. :)

Sunday, April 06, 2014

Absolutely beautiful scenery, great trail for our dog! Waterfalls were beautiful and nice hike to top!

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Me and my girlfriend are hikers and the reviews said that this was a HIKE. Let me clarify for people who would like an uphill hike (not a flat trail) that this is no hike. It's more of a dirty centennial trail. Flat, very very easy brisk walk. Don't drive two hours for it like we did. Thanks.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Great walk for all ages. I walked 3 and ran 3 with no difficulty, beautiful beautiful view. I regret not bringing my dogs as I think I was the only person without one! Will do it again and hit the waterfall!

Friday, July 13, 2012

This is one of the best places to spend your Bellingham summers. My family has been going here (with our dogs) for over 10 years. It is a fun place to go, let the dogs off the leash, explore, swim, and just be free. At one point, I went here 7 days straight (with both dogs). It's sort of sad to look back on it now because that was one of the last times both of them swam together. I'm glad I cherished those days when I did (our lab Ravyn got an unexpected tumor).

Anyway, I don't mean to buzzkill this review, this is a stunning area to check out, especially in the summer.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Killer place to go! And there is a challenging hike if you decide to climb up to the waterfalls, there are some pretty neat pools up there aways and the view from up there is amazing.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pretty views. Lake Whatcom is gorgeous all year long. Good light hike for the family or people of various ages and skill levels.