Lake Valhalla Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

skiing

WONDERFUL HIKE! Not sure why it is rated hard because after the first switch backs it’s a breeze. Lots of snow so bless the people that carved a path all the way to the lake. Lots of icy spots, we made due without spikes, but they wouldn’t hurt especially coming back down. Looking forward to this hike in the summer

Left Seattle at 8:05 AM and got to the TH at 10 AM. I started at the Smithbrook TH. There’s no need to register your car at the trailhead. The registration sheet was sopping wet and the signs at the beginning of the TH said you didn’t need to :). I don’t know how it is other times of the year, so check to make sure! THERE WERE SO MANY PUPS ON THIS TRAIL! Super dog friendly :). My pup went off leash pretty much immediately, but he’s a wonderful hiking dog and stays close and we hold onto him to let other hikers pass us.

The beginning of the trail is a bunch of switch backs. That’s the “hardest” part of the trail., which I would rate moderate. The rest is super easy and flat or super gentle inclines. I don’t know why this is rated hard because it’s very kid friendly. The trails are narrow at times, so it’s hard to pass other hikers with your dog, but I don’t think it’s a big deal. I wore warm running leggings, a ski base layer, and my rain jacket with a beanie and I was perfectly fine! I think it was about 47 degrees F and cloudy. The fall colors are AMAZINGl! My pup enjoyed Lake Valhalla with a bunch of others. The whole trail took a little less that 4 hours because we enjoyed our snacks at the lake :). ENJOY THE TRAIL!

Beautiful easy hike for the whole family.

Close in town, fabulous views, great exercise, it’s all there!

well maintained trail. A little overcast with mist today but beautiful country! A good hike.

Trail in great shape, a little muddy and could be slick if raining. Would do again, totally a great hike for backpacking.

The trail is well maintained with some beautiful views. Our kids did great on this hike. There were a couple of short stretches with steep drop offs to the side of the trail, but the trail stayed wide and manageable for our 7 year old the whole time. Our 3 year old rode in the carrier for the more questionable parts. Lake Valhalla is gorgeous! Just about 7 miles round-trip.

Beautiful, well-maintained with a cold lake in which to cool off at the end.

This trail is great, 7.2 mile round trip, bugs aren’t too bad and the path is marked very well!

Very muddy, very buggy, lots of snow. Still a fun hike. One hour and fifteen minutes to the Lake. Meant to turn off onto the Mt McCausland trail but missed it in all the snow. Glad I had my poles. The top half of the hike was either snow or mud. Will come back in the fall for the McCausland trail. Also had a bonus F/A-18 flyby scream over the lake- twice!

Great hike! Bring bug spray!

Saturday, July 08, 2017

A NW hidden gem and favorite overnight destination since I was a kid.