Lake Hills Lake to Lake Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(101)
Lake Hills Green Belt Park

Lake Hills Lake to Lake Trail is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bellevue, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 82 feet Route Type: Out & Back

city walk

Gorgeous urban trail connecting two lakes and passing through farms and wildlife preserves. Please note that this trail crosses other trails and is in an urban environment. Many people get lost along the way, so be sure to follow route to avoid taking a wrong turn.

This is part of the city of Bellevue's suburban trail system. The loop described in the app doesn't cover the whole Lake to Lake trail, which you can find on the City of Bellevue's Parks and Recreation website. I use this trail for commuting and exercise. You have to use judgment when cycling. Some parts of the path have bike lanes but some do not. The city map suggests you use sidewalks where the speed limit is high, there is high traffic, and there is no shoulder. An example is Lake Hills Connector going downhill towards Lake Washington. Going uphill, there is a trail and separate bike lane on the road. If you are going with small children, the loop around Larsen Lake and the Blueberry Farm is a good choice for a shorter walk. A longer hike will take you from Weowna Park just meters from Lake Sammamish all the way to Lake Washington. If you are going "there and back" I suggest going uphill first starting at Lake Washington and going through Weowna Park, then downhill back to downtown Bellevue for dinner. It should be obvious given that the entire trail is inside a city and crosses major thoroughfares, but this is not a forest hike.

Moderate paved and dirt trail from Lake Hills to Lake Washington and back

Good for casual walk, jog, run. Not a lot of scenery.

Flat and well maintained, great for kids, even a stroller if it’s a good one like a BOB. I’d come back to run it again with my kids on their bikes. Wet rainy day but only one spot with puddles and they were easy enough to avoid. Beautiful fall colors around the lake.

This time no stopping for photos. Still really like this trail. It’s a 5-star for urban trail running. Two street crossings but they’re easy, no lights at least.

Thanks to everyone’s reviews I knew to be wary of getting lost so was watching for it. There were a couple of times when I wasn’t sure of where to go but the AllTrails map was pretty accurate. I really liked this path. Parts were pavement and parts were gravel. Parts were urban, fields, and middle of the woods. A few reviews said to go when it’s sunny out but today was gray and raining and it was very lovely. Completely level and well maintained.

Not not much shape . It was so hot when it was 77Degree. Bonus . Blueberry farm was close by . We picked blueberry also. Very easy trail .

Wed Oct 03 2018

Nice easy trail .

Tue Jun 12 2018

It’s a good hiking course for beginners. We could enjoy this course easily, because they don’t have hill. I want to recommend you to go on sunny day! But there are some problems. Its about sign. We lost many times, because there are no sign and incorrect signs. We could enjoy even being lost, but they have to make more.

Tue Jun 12 2018

Today I went on this trail and it was great. At first the trail was confused us and we got lost but in the end we found the trail and keep hiking. The trail had a lot of different plants and was a beautiful day to hike. Personally I really enjoyed and I would do it again in the future

Tue Jun 12 2018

In my experience, this lake is fantastic and well worth a visit. This place is a good place to bring family to enjoy the endless natural beauty. Here you can see a variety of people and many activities. A lot of people come here to breathe fresh air, bike, and walk along the river to see the scenic beauty. Especially, if you have children, this is a place that can not be ignored. I recommend coming here on a nice sunny day - very beautiful and uplifting in so many ways. I would definitely go back here for a relaxing afternoon and some nature time.

Tue Jun 12 2018

This trail was wonderful for me to hike. The lake and trail were hard to find for a bit because they are hidden by big trees; in addition, there were only few sigh on the street. However, if you look up carefully, you are going to be okay and enjoy. Actually, it was my first hike like this spot. Even though it is little bit hard to find them, it was fun. Getting lost is also going to be a good memory. I actually got lost, but it is also true that I saw some nature that I didn't expected in the way of lost. I really recommend this place.

Tue Jun 12 2018

This is a great trail, we went to the lake to lake trail today. The lake and trail hidden in the city, just like some magical, heavenly place. I didn’t know that. My childhood dream is I can live in a place where the house hidden in the forest, today I saw. The human live in harmony with animal and natural. While you are walking down the trail, you can saw some people greetings with you, you can saw a cat walking towards you and invited you to touch it, you can saw ducks walking around people. That was the scene of my dreams.

Tue Jun 12 2018

I went to the trail as an activity with classmates. The trail seems suitable for beginners or people who want to walk with no pressure because it wasn't steep or rough to walk. Actually, we couldn't find clear signs for directions, we got lost at first. However, walking around the lake with nice weather was really great. I could enjoy casual hikes there. Also, I can say it was close to walk than hike.

Tue Jun 12 2018

Today, it was my first time to go the hiking. It was a good experience I enjoyed it, but the only problem I had it was about sign mark. My class and I,we had difficulty to find our ways. We got lost three times. We asked some people that we met and we asked them our ways. When we were walking today, we found some sign that was not in proper place. My suggestion you should make the sign mark more efficiently and precisely to find our ways even new people who try to have a new experience and fun.

Tue Jun 12 2018

Today we had an activity with our teacher. I could say it was a very wonderful experience. We visited two lakes that were very beautiful. We saw animals there: cat, frog, wild ducks, and so on. During our journey, it was always a beautiful view, and we were immersed in that beautiful environment. There were also lots of people around those two lakes which meant it was so enjoyable. Everything was so natural that we did not want to leave those fascinating place.

Tue Jun 12 2018

Phantom Lake Park is a 1.5 to 3 mile hike near Bellevue College. Today I hiked with my teacher and classmates. This hiking is not very hard for me, especially on a good weather’s day, the hiking have so much fun. In my opinion, most people will think this hiking is quite easy, because the road is not so far, and also flat. We always lost today, the road from lake to lake is not very easy to find. We saw a lot of animals, such as ducks, dogs, cats, birds and so on. If you’re prone to allergies, you need to prepare some medicine in advance, because you need to be exposed to a lot of plants. In summer, it is also necessary to prepare some insecticides.

Mon Jun 11 2018

I took a class of students there and had a good time. Yes, I would definitely do this trail again — it’s pretty easy and both lakes are incredibly beautiful little lakes. On the negative side, the trail isn’t always very well marked, so we actually got lost for about 10 or 15 minutes. At times, the trail is really confusing with all of the different paths, adjoining streets and intersections, etc. We actually had to stop and ask a couple people if we were going to Larsen Lake. Overall, it’s a nice easy hike that takes about an hour and a half

Mon Jun 11 2018

The length of the trail is suitable for me. It took me around 7000 paces to walk from lake to lake, which is healthy to the body. It would take around one hour if you walk quickly. The two lakes are hidden inside the farm and park. Separated from the noisy environment, the lakes gave me a peace. I didn't feel tired, especially walking with my classmates together in the beautiful weather. I think it's a good trail for walking after dinner. After a whole day's working, you can relax here.

Mon Aug 28 2017

Too close to the road, not like hiking.

Mon Aug 21 2017

quite easy

Sun Aug 13 2017

This is a nice, mostly flat, hike. Lots of birds & blueberries. You can still hear the traffic though.

Sat Jun 03 2017

6/3/2017 (Saturday) - 2-hour out and back from Kelsey Creek Park to 148th via Sammamish HS. Easy and pleasant.

Fri Jun 26 2015