Lake Serene Trail

Lake Serene Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Bar, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Everett, east on US 2 to mile marker 35. Turn right after the marker on Mount Index Road (FSR 6020) and travel 0.3 miles. Turn right at the fork onto FSR 6020-109 and go 0.1 miles to the trailhead on the left.

55 minutes ago

Not for the weak knee'd but so worth those bouldery 23 switchbacks. I would also recommend seeing Bridal Falls on your way up. It was a beautiful day and this trail will close come Novemeber 2017 for logging so go hike it while you can!

The view was beautiful even though it was cloudy over the opposite mountains... A rain jacket could help as it was raining heavily while going up this Sunday. I will come again on a clear day.

Beautiful place. ready for a rainy day.

I love this hike. I've done it twice in colder weather. Once in winter snow and we could see and hear avalanches across the lake. (Splendid!) It's hard, but worth it. I can't wait to come back and swim in it one summer.

Trail is closed, as of Sept 25th 2017 for logging. I think it is closed until well into 2018.

Love the wet forest at the beginning, the views at the top. bring some good hiking shoes, lot of rocks

Was a decent hike and lake view was amazing. It was very peaceful and quite. It was also really good that it had a fall trail on the side which would take an extra one hour. Highly recommend.

I accepted an invitation to join a few of my friends on September 3, 2017. We left Yakima at approximately 6:30 and arrived at the trailhead at around 9:30 to find the parking area completely packed. We found additional parking about a quarter of a mile from the trailhead.

At the halfwaypoint we decided to take a side trip to see Bridal Veils Falls. It was a half mile of a very vertical hike to get there but very rewarding! We even saw a wedding take place there.
We then completed our hike to the beautiful Lake Serene.
Although this is a very popular hike, it is also a very strenuous one. I hadn't been hiking in years so it was very taxing to say the least as I wasn't conditioned for this.
Insects were not an issue at all even at the lake, though I was prepared with deet.

Beautiful glacier lake at the top well worth it

Well maintained easy to moderate trail. Heavily trafficked but the lake is beautiful.

Beautiful hike. However, I wish I could go back in time and research the Lake Serene trail before having hiked it. I'm a new Washington hiker and had been on about 3 or 4 hikes before hiking both Bridal Veils and Lake Serene in the same day - ow! My legs were shaking coming back from the lake. However, though it was hard, the view was worth it and we met a lot of encouraging and kind hikers along the way. Next time, I'll remember to just hike one or the other!