paddle sports

old growth

This was a lovely hike, especially after the clear-cut area. The lake is beautiful and we were told there were canoes available for use (we didn't use them because we didn't have enough time). Even with a late start on a beautiful Fathers' Day, we only met a handful of other hikers.

I know I am out of shape but I am not sure why this is rated moderate. The long easy stretch on the logging trail and a short stretch of clear, easy if steep trail in the wooded area, the trail gets pretty technical. There were stretches of the trail that were not well marked and difficult to follow. Particularly from the base of the waterfall to the lake, the trail is both very steep with lots of fallen trees to scramble over/under/around.

Also, navigation sent us to a small pull-off area off of Reiter Road. I am not sure whether that was from All Trail or WTA's app but the distance from that spot to the lake is 4.6 miles, not the ~3.5 we were anticipating. All in all, it was a good day, just longer and more challenging than we were prepared for.