Lake Isabel Trail

Lake Isabel Trail is a 8.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Bar, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

old growth

they have been cutting down all the trees in the forest since last year I went hete. it's not even a hike anymore it's more like a construction site. Makes me mad and sad we need a discovery pass for this so called hike

Trail is hard to navigate and took alot of time just trying to stay on the trail. We missed the trail the first time off the logging road. Alltrails navigation helped us realize it and we turned around looking for the pink markers that lead into the trees. Following these Pink (Some Yellow) Markers are key. The trail leads you under and over many trees. It was a challenge but we enjoyed it. There are some straight up hills that make it seem you are not on the trail but you can see the markers on the trees that will help you know which direction to go. Be patient and pay attention to your surroundings. There are many slippery parts throughout the trail along with soft wood when standing on it. All in all it was enjoyable.

I'm not beginner hiker. But I have to say it's toughest hike I've done. the trail is hard to find and follow. the last part of the trail is very steep. it took us more than 2 hours to reach the lake. Made it back to my car right before complete dark. me and my dogs are exhausted. we saw only one hiker on the logging road returning after failed attempt to find the trail.

It is an adventure!

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

It was definitely an adventure as we set off on a very rainy day. At the end of the gravel road, just as you enter the forest, there is a trail to your right, heading uphill. That trail will take you all the way up to the top. There will be times when you think you can't find the trail because you're crossing rocky streams, walking up rocky hills, climbing over or going under downed overgrown trees, etc...but the trail is there. You just have to look ahead and also take the time to look for the ribbons to guide you. It's a fun and challenging hike to be sure and the rain doubled the adventure. We were muddy, wet and cold when we reached the lake but we screamed in triumphed at having accomplished such a feat. You will be climbing straight up in the end, grabbing at roots. Be careful if it's wet, it can get quite slippery, especially on the way down. Awesome hike if you like the challenge!

Monday, April 04, 2016

Hard to follow, scrambling at the end.

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Sunday, April 26, 2015

This is my favorite sub alpine lake. The trail is cool too it is an adventure and I love that it is rugged and the road less traveled!

Monday, August 25, 2014

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Lots of uphill! Do NOT PACK an 18 pack of beer. Even if it was on sale for cheaper than a 12 pack. First part is steady switchbacks of uphill gravel, then you get to the actual trailhead. The rest is even more uphill. Then you hit the falls that are below the lake. Then surprise! Even steeper uphill. Which is hand over hand grabbing roots to get up the last stretch. Then you get to the top and forget everything. Absolutely beautiful with good fishing. Well worth the hike that I have done twice now. Also trail is very crude and your guessing the last 1/3 of the way if your on the trail. Different color ribbons mark different paths, follow those. Recommended GPS. P.s. don't bring an 18 pack of beer. And if it looks slippery, IT IS.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Very rough hike. Loose terrain, overgrown bushes with devils weed and sticker bushes,
Slippery rocks, and A LOT of up hill that's really hard on the way up. If you do decide to go on this hike be prepared to literally clime a mountain straight up. It's hard, but when you get to the top there's some good camping sites next to the water. Not recommended for people who haven't hiked before. The trail itself sucked really bad (which explains the rating) but when you get to the lake it's really beautiful.