Lake Fenwick is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kent, Washington that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and fishing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 377 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great trail, about 6 flights of stairs halfway in the trail. Great for a nice outdoor workout.

Nice neighborhood trail. Lots of birds. Seen a couple different people catch trout. Not a lot of family day use amenities.

Loved the easy (but with a few uphill challenges-180 steps in one spot) hike in. Very doable. Lake/park area was pretty, but with Covid19 there's lots of trash lying around and overflowing receptacles. Lots of people fishing but at least while we were there, not catching. Otherwise pretty hike and lake.

so pretty. cute little lake hidden from the front by a steep hill. stairs exist so it's small child friendly. beautiful floating sidewalk on the lake with lillypads with baby ducks resting on tree debris on the lake. fun, short walk on an afternoon. perfect 3 mile round trip adventure from highway to nature in just a few minutes. saw fishing. saw small boats. perfect picnic area for families. lake's accessible by vehicle if not hiking.

A little slippery with the rain

This trail is easy to follow, and a hidden gem.

Absolutely beautiful trail with lots of pretty ponds and lakes

Only a little muddy, my son and I slipped several times boardwalk at the beginning. Other than that we had a great hike! I’ve lived in the area most of my life and had no idea that trail was there.

I guess if I can’t ski upper mountain today taking Chester for a little exercise is a good thing to do

Chester loves the exercise. So we both get to enjoy. A little muddy but what the hell its January

recorded Lake Fenwick

Unclear parking situation at the “start”, our map took us to the parking lot of an apartment complex which is where the trail begins apparently. Other than that we had a great time, we didn’t know what to expect really and were pleasantly surprised at how pretty the hike and the lake itself was!

I went here early in the morning to go fishing over the weekend. The area doesn't appear to be maintained very well due to the liquor and beer cans found everywhere. The water itself is bright green which tells me there could be high algae or toxin counts. There are several fishing spots along the trail but most can't be used due to lilypad/plant overgrowth in the water.

There were several fun things on this trail. Huge staircase in the middle of the trail was fun, but we did not enjoy walking past the dumpsters at the entrance of the trail. Watch out for fish hooks on the floating bridges, but enjoy the cute duckies and all the Lillypad‘s in bloom.

Trail was alright until I reached the stairs was unprepared for that other than that. It was okay.

not happy with the parking at the beginning, felt unsafe.

Sun Jun 02 2019

Great day for a hike and this trail is close to home. Most of the trip was through the forest and the cover kept the temperature very pleasant compared to the exposed areas. The trail was dry and in good shape though on the lower elevation there were a few areas where tree roots were exposed and could be a trip hazard for runners. My dog accepted the stairs and managed them up and down without trouble. His nails are short. There is a sign giving warning that nails could get caught in the grating. Ducks and geese with young to see as well as eagles trying to catch the babes for a snack, unsuccessfully while we were there. The boardwalk over a section of the lake was very nice with lotus beginning to bloom. There’s 1 Porta-potty by the vamp for small boats.

Sun Jun 02 2019

I dont recommend bringing your dogs unless you plan to carry them up and down stairs. Usually they would be fine but the stairs are made out of a grate that if they arent careful could get their toes caught in and potentially lose it! Great trail otherwise.

Wed May 29 2019

This trail is very unique. It has bridges, paved path, muddy path, sun, shade, woods, open lawn, lake front, elevation, steel steep stairs, water lily vegetation near the boat launch area. There are multiple entry points to the trail with parking lots. You can fish, float in the lake, sunbath, picnic, hike or sit there watch the ducks, geese and turtles. It is a park that is very versatile for all age and all physical ability. The only draw back is there is no public restroom. Otherwise, I will give a five star. However, the trail is nicely maintained and it took us 1.5 hours to complete a round trip of the trail. We will definitely come here again.

Sun May 19 2019

Great walk for all ages around a lake. Beautiful and serene. I used the directions from Apple maps that was given by the app. I was lost. The directions weren’t accurate. I had to go to the Kent website for the address. It directed me to one of the parking lots. There are two other parking lots if you happen to pass the first one. All of the parking lots are small, fits about 13 cars.

Fri May 10 2019

This place is totally underrated! It's perfect for a nice walk, having a picnic or just lounging in the sun. the trail was beautiful. very clean and quiet. a nice place to get away. would recommend! took my two pups, they seem in the water. we had a blast

Sun Apr 21 2019

A great and simple trail with some great views of the lake from various viewpoints. It is a dirt trail so muddy when wet but fairly manageable. The stairs will provide a challenge to some, otherwise the hills are easily conquered. Took 90 minutes to to out and back with stops along the way to check out the sights.

Tue Apr 02 2019

I overall really liked this trail. I tried to park where the directions took me but it was an apartment complex so I parked by the golf course to get a longer run. I have to admit the stairs left me winded after hiking up them so maybe not the best for kids. Also, I was alone which was a little scary because there are a lot of homeless in the area but didn’t have any issues.

Sun Mar 31 2019

Good workout. Big set of stairs and a peaceful lake. Ran the whole way.

Wed Mar 27 2019

Ferfect for our family, our 3-5 yr old love it!!!