Lake Fenwick

Lake Fenwick is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kent, Washington that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and fishing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

you cannot complete this hike as large portions of it is in disrepair.

It's a great little trail, but the stairs are starting to fall into disrepair. And you will run into a lot of stair climbers, as this trail has a long set of stairs going down a steep incline, if memory serves me right, there are 196 steps, which is why they are so popular for this purpose.

We took our 15 month old in his carrier and he did really well. We went about halfway down (up?) the trail and on the stairs. I counted about 163 steps. Beautiful views of the lake!

Took my 4 and 7-year-old out for a short hike today. The city has really let this trail go down at the lake. Garbage is strewn all over the lakefront, graffiti on the trees, glass shards on the ground, and the dock and walkway bridge are both shut down because of holes in the wood. Too bad to see, otherwise, it would have been a nice hike.

The main purpose for me was to get to the torture stairs. Great for getting into hiking shape.

When wet: very lightly trafficked, slippery boardwalk, spider webs, devil tower of stairs-my husky wasn't a fan with her feet. great view of the lake if you go all the way down to the dock.

This trail is a short out and back and close to downtown Kent. It was a great place to head to for a quick walk/jog after work. I had a love-hate relationship with the stairs! I liked the thigh burn though. Lol! I went up and wandered around the trails but I could not figure out where to get to the lake area people mentioned. I did not feel comfortable on this isolated path while jogging by myself so I can't say I did anything more than a quick glance around looking for it. The discomfort I felt with having the trail to myself was great motivation to keep my pace up so that's a plus. I picked this trail for its location and the description stating it was moderately trafficked.
To sum it up: enjoyable short trail but much too isolated for my comfort

Loved doing the stairs.

very pretty trail. more scenic than I expected.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

A good trail to get a quick workout. There's a good variation of incline, decline, and flat and the stairs were also fun to jog up. The lake is nice and relaxing with a boardwalk you can walk down. Overall a nice trail. :)

Friday, April 28, 2017

Nice nature walk if you live close by. The stairs were fun. We counted 180 of them. The lake is pretty and their were some fun little places to enjoy climbing into a canopy of trees. In April the trail is quite muddy, but I expected that and it felt good to be out anyway. We were bummed to discover that part of the trail was closed.

Monday, January 23, 2017

Fun little jaunt with kids. Ends by apartment complex. Uber-ed it back to my car. Did not trust my knees to make it UP the stairs.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Love the killer stairs! It is over all a good little hike. However it does lead to apartment complexes that I felt was a little awkward. Never seen a lot of people using the trail at one time.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

trail was good..theres a stairway that would've been good to try had there not been people hanging out and drinking.. on the

Thursday, September 15, 2016

This trail has pluses and minuses. Does it have some nice views, yes. It's also very quiet and relaxing. However, a dock bridging the trail is closed because it is unsafe and in need of repair. Their is another dock which is also gated off. During my walk I didn't see public restrooms either.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

The lake provides a short hiking trail around its waters. The lake is better suited for fishing than hiking. The trail highlight is a floating log bridge, but it has been barrakaded for being unsafe. I recommend picking up discs and checking out the neighboring disc golf course instead.

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pretty little nature walk. I wouldn't call it a "hike" per se. We enjoyed the woodpecker sightings and the water birds on the lake. For those into Birding, you'd like this.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Great for locals as a nice nature walk. The stairs and hills offer a great exercise.

Sunday, June 08, 2014

This is a nice neighborhood resource, though not good enough to think of as a destination. It's a great place to bring the family.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Excellent hike, across the road another park with more challenging hike as well

Monday, March 18, 2013

I enjoyed this hike. I took two five year old and a seven year old. It was a little changeling for them. we did not finish but look forward to going back and completed it. The children truly enjoyed the staircase on the side of the hill.