New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Lake Christine Trail to Mt Beljica

Lake Christine Trail to Mt Beljica is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ashford, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.6 miles Elevation Gain: 1,158 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The road leading to the trailhead may be difficult for 2WD vehicles.

icy

About halfway up the road 59 is all snow and ice, so we hiked up the final road to the train head. The way up gave us some gorgeous views, and the lake was beautifully frozen. Some really nice camping spots just past Lake Christine. We had planned on going farther, but the elements got in our way. Definitely excited to return again when it thaws out!

icy

Snow starts after Lake Christine to the summit. Snow is deep about 2’. It was hard like concrete so no need to use micro spikes or snow snowshoes. Icy in some spots. Top is snow free.

Trailhead is fully accessible. Prior mention of blocking boulder is no longer an issue. If you have yungins and want to introduce them to backpacking with a quick payoff, then this is the trail for you. Step up camp somewhere along the trail or around the lake, then take your crew for a quick summit trip up Beljika.

Over 1,000’ elevation gain in under 2 miles: it’s basically straight uphill 75% of the way. Second half ish of the trail was washed out in a lot of places. It was foggy when we went so there were no views from the top but I’d come back on a clear day.

love the veiw. my favorite place to go.

To get to the trail head you need to travel about 5 miles on dirt roads that are not well maintained. I was able to make it with my Honda Civic but I’d fully recommend something higher off the ground. About 1/2 a mile from the trailhead there is a boulder blocking the path but it’s an easy hike up the road to the trailhead. The hike was decent, pretty moderate until the end section which was steep but not long. There is a beautiful lake about half way up. On June 15 there was patches of snow starting at the lake. We lost the trail a few times due to the snow but using the gps from All Trails we were able to find our way back on. We didn’t use spikes or poles and did just fine but id bring them If your not too sure footed. The summit does come with a great view of mount Rainer and surrounding mountains (go on a clear day).

We had to park a ways down the road from the trail head due to a large rock in the road but it was a great moderate hike that we were able to do with our two year old in tow. We stopped at the lake & turned back due to the snow but the lake was beautiful! Only passed one other couple on our way out.

Great moderate hike. We had to stop within a half a mile after the lake due to snow and our forgetfulness at bringing traction devices. But overall, a lot of spring flowers and beautiful growth. Even the snow around the lake was really beautiful. In another three or four weeks, this is going to be a beautiful hike up to the top, which we regretted not being able to make. Road is still blocked about a half a mile away from the parking area but roadside parking is ample.

Road blocked about half a mile before trailhead. Snow around the lake and few spots on the trail heading up 02 Jun 19

Forest Road 5920 not well marked. Rock slide 1/2 mile before trailhead. Fairly steep but lots of switchbacks. Trail was covered in snow at times but manageable. Beautiful little lake. No bugs thanks to the cool weather

Not completed. Can’t edit that part. Too much snow on access road to get to trailhead. Other hikers said trail is also snowed out. Maybe it’ll be clear in July?

ohv/off road driving
Sun Jan 20 2019

Fri Dec 21 2018

great views. good variety of landscapes. good work out.

Thu Nov 15 2018

loved this hike! I am not in shape in anyway shape or form and I made it... It wasnt easy but I made it and thats all that matters i have hiked this trail about 7 times and it was gorgeous everytime! Unfortunately I didnt know about this app at the time but now that i have this app looks like its time to hike it again lol

Mon Jul 16 2018

A great challenge! There was a tiny bit of snow left today but definitely no longer impassable. Bright, sunny day and we could see for miles. What a view! Incredibly close to Mt Rainier and still able to take in the whole mountain.

Fri Jul 13 2018

A note to Android users: do NOT use Google maps to find this trail head. It took us up wrong forest service roads and we ended up turning around and heading back down until my iPhone had enough reception to use my All Trails app. Click the “directions” link in All Trails, this will take you to the proper location. We definitely needed 4-wheel drive, the roads are extremely rough with large trenches, pot holes, and rocks. It was an adventure, and when we finally made it to the trail head we enjoyed the hike and the beautiful views. Some snow patches remained between Lake Christine and Mt. Beljica, though they were small and the trail was easy to follow. Bugs/flies abounded but nothing was biting, just flying and buzzing (we did not use bug spray but brought it just in case). We enjoyed clear views of Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Adams, the Olympics in the distance, and of course the stunning view of Rainier. I brought my Golden Retriever who loves to hike, and he did great.

Thu Jul 05 2018

Great hike! Not sure if it’s kid-friendly. The trail was fairly steep and narrow. The trail from Lake Christine to Mount Beljica was snow covered. We were unprepared for that.

Mon Jul 02 2018

Everything about the road is accurate. We camped at Lake Christine. There were a couple of campsites both of which were in pretty good shape. Overall the trails were in good shape. There is snow near Lake Christine. We were able to summit Beljica but staying on/finding the trail near Lake Christine with all of the snow was difficult. However the trail was clear slightly above Lake Christine making for a straighfoward hike up to Beljica.

Tue Jun 26 2018

for what I was able to see, it was gorgeous! Snow on narrow path which couldnt be passed unless you had microspikes or crampons..so dont bother if you dont have them because you wont get far. People are NOT playing with how bad the road going up is..take your truck or off road vechicle ..otherwise you could be hiking 2-3 miles to get to trailhead. The very beginning of the trail is a beast( straight up) So Id reccomend hiking poles for your way back down.

Mon Jun 18 2018

So much snow. The trail is clear up to the lake. Past the lake it’s impassible because of the snow. Caution advised for the day hikers

Sun Jun 03 2018

Roads are really bumpy but no snow on the road just on the side I was able to make it to the trail head :) was just a crazy road but my goal is to see the amazing view point :)

Fri Apr 06 2018

Roads are still impassable, unfortunately.