Lake Christine Trail to Mt Beljica

Lake Christine Trail to Mt Beljica is a 3.6 mile out and back trail located near Ashford, Washington that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A great challenge! There was a tiny bit of snow left today but definitely no longer impassable. Bright, sunny day and we could see for miles. What a view! Incredibly close to Mt Rainier and still able to take in the whole mountain.

A note to Android users: do NOT use Google maps to find this trail head. It took us up wrong forest service roads and we ended up turning around and heading back down until my iPhone had enough reception to use my All Trails app. Click the “directions” link in All Trails, this will take you to the proper location. We definitely needed 4-wheel drive, the roads are extremely rough with large trenches, pot holes, and rocks. It was an adventure, and when we finally made it to the trail head we enjoyed the hike and the beautiful views. Some snow patches remained between Lake Christine and Mt. Beljica, though they were small and the trail was easy to follow. Bugs/flies abounded but nothing was biting, just flying and buzzing (we did not use bug spray but brought it just in case). We enjoyed clear views of Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Adams, the Olympics in the distance, and of course the stunning view of Rainier. I brought my Golden Retriever who loves to hike, and he did great.

Great hike! Not sure if it’s kid-friendly. The trail was fairly steep and narrow. The trail from Lake Christine to Mount Beljica was snow covered. We were unprepared for that.

Everything about the road is accurate.
We camped at Lake Christine. There were a couple of campsites both of which were in pretty good shape. Overall the trails were in good shape. There is snow near Lake Christine. We were able to summit Beljica but staying on/finding the trail near Lake Christine with all of the snow was difficult. However the trail was clear slightly above Lake Christine making for a straighfoward hike up to Beljica.

for what I was able to see, it was gorgeous! Snow on narrow path which couldnt be passed unless you had microspikes or crampons..so dont bother if you dont have them because you wont get far. People are NOT playing with how bad the road going up is..take your truck or off road vechicle ..otherwise you could be hiking 2-3 miles to get to trailhead. The very beginning of the trail is a beast( straight up) So Id reccomend hiking poles for your way back down.

So much snow. The trail is clear up to the lake. Past the lake it’s impassible because of the snow. Caution advised for the day hikers

Roads are really bumpy but no snow on the road just on the side I was able to make it to the trail head :) was just a crazy road but my goal is to see the amazing view point :)

Roads are still impassable, unfortunately.

off road driving

As some others stated the road is rough, large pot holes, dips and plenty of rocks going up. We went Feb 10, 2018. Unfortunately we didn't make it to the trailhead. There was way too deep of snow for my car to continue onward. Enjoyable drive up and back though, there is a nice river you can stop at beforehand on the road.

the hike was super easy but bygolly does it take forever to get up that dirt road! speaking of the drive....its a 30min drive up riddled with huge potholes....but don't worry as soon as u enter the road brace yourself and take it slow. but hey, when u see ur end result it's totally worth it! also another useful tidbit- don't bring small children...dangerous

This was a beautiful hike.

loved the hike....beautiful scenery lots of bug spray is needed...stay to the left like the previous person said and you'll be fine

Liked it! Pretty easy with a short climb and a nice summit!

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Great hike with beautiful views. Well worth the hike.

Friday, July 28, 2017

This hike was absolutely gorgeous and worth the elevation climb once you get to the top! Stick left at the forks, we ran into a few people that advised us of the right direction thankfully. Once You get to the top You can see all 3 mountains and as long as you're not afraid of heights it's an incredible view!! The bugs were AWFUL! Bring long sleeves and pants even I swear I would rather be hot than bit by horseflys ! And lots of deep eood bug spray. The trail was mostly shady and narrow at points and steep at other points, other than the bugs I would highly recommend !! Also it's a 4 mile hike total

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

One of my favorite hikes near Mt Rainier! For a longer hike, you can take a right at the fork shortly after the lake and just before the trail to the summit and connect this to the Glacier view or Goat lake trails making it around 10-12 mikes out and back.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Did a solo hike on this trail. It had the perfect amount of everything in a short hike. There's a few trees down on the trail that you have to climb over. Hardly anyone there, got to the top and views are stunning. I had to wait for the clouds to burn off but when they did it was one hell of a view. The bugs on this trail are no joke. Bring lots of bug spray. I sprayed every 20 mins or so and still was eaten alive. There's no signs whatsoever. Follow along the lake and about 1000 yards you'll come to where to go right or left. Go left to arrive at beljica.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

This hike was beautiful. I little steep for my little kids at time but the top was well worth it. The wildflowers were incredible. I do wish I had seen the reviews about mosquitoes. I have NEVER seen more mosquitoes in my life. Bring bug spray and long sleeves. My kids were even bitten through their clothes.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Still a bit of snow between the lake and Mount Beljica, but fairly easy to follow the trail. Amazing views from the top!

Saturday, February 18, 2017

An amazing hike with a rewarding view of 4 different mountains on top of Mt. Beljica, on a clear day.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Did this one several years back during the rain. This tie sunny day. Took my dog and had a great time. There were some bugs, but not enough to use repellent. The trail is well maintained and easy to follow. Take the first right after the gravel pit and at the end, the TH is in the trees ahead of you. I recommend a high clearance vehicle, but I have seen some sedans there. The views are worth this trip, especially if you climb Mt Beljica.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Great hike with great views. Road is rough getting to trail head but manageable. There were tons of bugs but overall well worth the views.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Lots of bang for the buck. When you get to the top, and it took me about an hour and a half, you get views of Mount Rainier, Mount Saint Helens, Mount Adams, and Mount Baker. (I think I have those last two mountains correct, but you can certainly see 4 in a row all from north to east at the same time). Lake Christine in the middle of the short hike is beautiful. Is fairly small and quaint, and there was a fine no-brainer camping site on the bank.

Friday, July 22, 2016

nice little lake road is little ruff getting there.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

I will be recommending this hike as a great "bang for your buck" type adventure. good for small children to adults, easy and great scenic views at the top and along the way. like Christine offered a good rest stop and view about half way, bring that bug spray tho. at the summit on a clear day you can see rainier, Adams, hood and st Helens. there are a few places to camp on the forest road leading to the trailhead and at the trailhead itself. camping there, then heading out early the next morning allowed for us to have the trail up and summit to ourselves for a while. passed many people on the way down and arrived to a then full parking lot.
pros: short hike w a great pay off!
cons: mosquitoes, rough but manageable forest road to get there, and lots of other hikers.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Awesome trail. Will be visiting again soon. I'd recommend bug spray.