Lake Caroline and Windy Pass

Lake Caroline and Windy Pass is a 18.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October.

first off this hike is actually alot more than 16 miles if your going to the top of Windy Ridge. it's around 21-23 miles. it was long and boring but the view at the end was well worth the 5 hour each way trek.

geocaching
Wednesday, August 26, 2015

This was so much fun! It was a girls trip and the three of us at varying experience levels backpacked to Lake Caroline where we made camp for two nights. On the second day we hiked to to Windy Pass and loved the experience despite the haze that limited our views. We saw a goat, lots of marmots and heard there were two bear in the valley from hunters but we never caught sight of them.

Two of us would like to do this again with our husbands but instead of making camp solely at Lake Caroline as a out-and-back, we'd really like to drop a vehicle at the bottom of Cashmere Mountain and backpack our way from one end to the other.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Not quite what I was expecting. I didn't make it all the way up to Windy Pass, but instead camped at Lake Caroline. I personally (just a personal opinion) will not make the hike again. It was very difficult with gear and felt never ending. I was a tad unimpressed with the lake. It seemed like more of a pond to me..

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

From the drop down to Lake Caroline to Windy Pass is a stunning. If staying overnight at Caroline be prepared for insects. Some big views and big country showing off Mt.Stuart, Eightmile mountain to Cashmere unfold throughout the ascent. Windy pass views won't be forgotten.