Lake 22 Trail

Lake 22 Trail is a 6.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

old growth

From Granite Falls, E (left) for 13 miles on Mountain Loop Highway to trailhead on right, two miles past the Verlot Public Service Center.

little rocky, great workout with rewards the whole way until the lake!

Solid, easy to moderate day hike. Even with the (much needed) rain it ended up being pretty easy 3 hour journey. Would have been a longer time spent at the lake but the dog was a bit cold. Well maintained trails. The first bit has some sketchy land bridges but for the most part all stairs are new and in good shape.

Hiked on Saturday, August 5th. We went early and got a parking spot. Road was good going in. Parking is limited so go early. Hiking trail had some rocks going up but not too bad and some trees. So with the hike! This is the best hike I've been on in a long time. The end was a treat. A georgious reward! A lake almost to ourselves, a patch of snow to stick our feet in, wild flowers, and the best scenery. Oh and on the way back down I found a little part of the river under a bridge where we went and just sat on the edge of rocks half way in the water by a small waterfall. Overall my favorite hike yet!

It is a moderately hard trail. Today when we hiked, it rained 3/4 of the hike and made it harder. Overall beautiful hike.

Great hike! The trail to the lake is very cool with big evergreens, waterfalls, and challenging terrain. The view at the top is incredible.

very crowded, even on a Tuesday, but again once you're at the lake it's pretty easy to spread out and find your own little relaxation place.

Incredibly beautiful rainforest hike and well maintained trail. Abundant wildlife near and around the lake. The top of the trail nearing Lake 22 is very rocky and can be tricky footwork at times. There are walking bridges around the lake that are well maintained. The trail is mostly covered. Gorgeous wildflowers during the summer. Bathrooms at trailhead!

Great trail, mostly easy, and steady assent; there is an area where it gets tricky with rocks for noobs (like me).

My fiancé and I are very new to hiking and so far have done his and rattlesnake. This was so beautiful and it was nice and cool at the lake after the hot hike. Bring bug spray and sun screen. There is a rocky area with no tree coverage so it'll get hot and sunny! The only thing I'd say is go early to get parking and remember your discover pass does not work for the forests! Make sure you get a day pass or they will ticket you!

Arrived at the trailhead at 6:45. The weather was perfect and I had the entire lake all to myself! Passed plenty of people on the way back to the trailhead though. Easier to reach than Lake Serene, and you can walk around it (no Bridal Veil falls though).

It was a great hike. The only thing I didn't like was the amount of rocks that was laying around and an abundance of flies that I totally recommend you to take before hiking. Otherwise, I'll probably do it again, but I prefer rattlesnake trail over this one.