Kloshe Nanitch Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Forks, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Once the site of a historic lookout, this craggy, ridgetop perch serves up excellent views of Lake Crescent, Mount Olympus, and the Sol Duc river valley. Kloshe Nanitch, Chinook for "take care" or "look out" served as the site of a fire watch for many years. Originally built in 1917 the site was abandoned and destroyed in 1963. On clear days, the views extend all the way to the Pacific Ocean and James Island.

My husband, dog and I went on my birthday. It’s nice and all but we didn’t even make it all the way up. I wish we had. The hike itself was just so boring, uneventful, and exhausting. We passed two groups on our way back down, both of which seemed quite over it as well. We are not huge hikers and we just moved up here from Florida so take this review with a grain of salt. It was interesting and I liked it because it was a new experience but not because it was some amazing hike.

Everyone is pretty spot on with the review. The hike isn't much up, but the view is stunning at the top. Which you could drive too, but we needed the walk.
You can follow our camping adventures here if you're interested;

I agree with the other reviews. More of hard uneventful hike. The view up top at the platform is pretty nice but the hike itself is pretty average. The river walk at the bottom is beautiful and short though. Add that in. Follow all our adventures on Instagram @themicrotourists.

Hiked on Saturday 2/10/18. Nice moderate hike through the forest to the lookout. Only saw a few patches of snow as we were nearing the top. Took just under two hours to reach the top. Guidebook said 6.4 miles, signage indicated 8. I’d guess closer to 8. Only saw 4 other people.

Saturday, October 07, 2017

Blahhhhh

Friday, August 18, 2017

The trail is steep, correct rating may be moderate to hard. There is a lot of vegetation in the trail, brushing you as you pass. Also we encountered 20 fallen trees on the trail. We had a hazy day that let a lot of humidity in the air and in the forest. This translated into wet gear in the way to the top. Once on top, the wind pushed the clouds away and we had lunch in the sun and dried our clothes a bit. By the time we were ready to live, the sky cleared out and we had a great view of the valley underneath the observation deck. If it's sunny it is an enjoyable hike. If you want to cheat, there is a forest service road that can bring you to the top, without breaking a sweat.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

It's about 3.5miles to an intersection which you can choose to go between two lookout points .5miles or 1.5miles. We went to the shortest one and it was beautiful. The white structure is not on the shorter loop. Look for the trail to start on the left hand side after you enter the paved walking path.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Great little hike in the summer. In the shade all the way long , haven't seen anyone on it so very quiet. spring water on the way which was great for my dog. Amazing view on the lake and mountains.

off road driving
Thursday, June 19, 2014

OK, I'm not gonna lie, I drove to the top. I was alone though and wasn't 100% certain where the trail started and didn't want to get lost- honestly I don't know how I navigated my way up there via road but somehow did. Gorgeous views from the top!

Friday, November 25, 2011

Did this one a couple weeks ago and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. It's a steady climb all the way to the top, but what surprised me the most was all the chanterelle mushrooms within reach of the trail. On the way back down I picked probably 8 pounds of them. Last pick of the season because the snow and frost arrived shortly after.

Monday, August 07, 2017