Kennedy Falls Trail

Kennedy Falls Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Olympia, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 6.0 miles Elevation Gain: 784 feet Route Type: Out & Back

single file path, some very muddy spots, but the falls are worth it.

fun hike. alot of road walking. nice payout with the falls though.

private property

This trail was amazing! When you get there you hit a gate saying “private property” just go in don’t drive in your not aloud to drive in though. Very muddy near the end, wear appropriate shoes I made that mistake, I REPEAT WEAR APPROPRIATE SHOES! If you wear Sneakers they will get soaked! The waterfall is beautiful! Be careful though, if you reach the end you can go to the top of the waterfall if so make sure your wearing boots or something and you can probably make it to the middle. Oh yeah, to get to the falls there is a small red sign near where there is a small pathway, if you aren’t a fan of touching or getting bugs on you this isn’t the trail for you haha.

private property

I thoroughly enjoyed this hike! I went on Monday (Memorial Day) with a friend and we spent the afternoon making our way to the creek and exploring. As stated, the overall hike is about 6 miles in full (round trip), but just a small portion of it is actual trail - maybe around 1/4 mile - and the rest is logging roads. The trail itself is also rather muddy still, so we did have a bit of a rough time trying to avoid submerging our shoes. Although, once we made it to the creek itself, I finally gave up on my shoes so I could enjoy exploring the river some more. There wasn’t anywhere for me to rinse the mud from the trail off on the way back to the truck, so I ended up using what was left in my water bottle. Overall, I’d advise bringing shoes that you don’t mind getting wet/muddy and that you can wear through the creek, because the rocks are a bit slick for going barefoot. Maybe also bring plastic bags and some extra shoes if you don’t have a good place to put dirty ones in your vehicle. As for the view, it was beautiful! Even if you’re not interested in hiking logging roads, the end result is gorgeous and a great picnic area :) ***You will have to watch for the sign to the actual trail, as it is sitting on the ground, and you will also likely want to use your GPS to make sure you take the proper turns on the logging roads.

Fire road and views of logged area. Not that great. We won’t be back probably. Trail to waterfall overgrown we didn’t want to push through all the overgrowth. Checked off the list of places to explore, but we wouldn’t recommend.

Had the trail to ourselves. There’s a red ribbon now on where to turn off the main road. The little single-track trail to the falls is well flagged, and just past the first stream crossing. Gorgeous day, great company, a bit muddy, but passable in sneakers.

just finished the hike. first part of the logging road was mildly rocky. after 1st juncture it was much smoother all the way to the falls trail head. GPS is useful. path to falls is slightly wet and muddy in spots. the falls definitely were a pleasant site to behold. And, I saw no other person the entire hike up and back. HEADS UP!!! When you come off the falls trail back on to the logging road, expect an up hill hike out of the valley. A good cardio exercise. loved the hike and will do it again.

Fun easy trail. last part of trail is very muddy and the trail head is very difficult to find. There is another little bit done the road which will lead you back to the main trail. Hardly anyone there so made it very peaceful.

We’ve been here before since it’s close to home. The road walk is “meh” but the trail is fun.

Definitely follow your GPS!! Wonderful hike, a major portion of the hike is logging roads. Great day hike and watch for tags on tree to mark the Trail Head. Tree is down at the trail head so watch for flags on the trees

private property

Definitely follow the gps!! Muddy nearer the falls u get. Beautiful spot, will be returning in the summer when it’s warmer out for sure

Great hike! Definitely an understatement when the other reviews said it wasn’t well marked. You’ll see an orange gate that says “private property” and that’s your trailhead. It’s located to the right of the fire station. There is still lots of snow but a truck has been going in and out leaving the tire marks free of snow! At the 2.2 mark you’re supposed to turn left to continue to the falls but we didn’t see it among so much snow so we detoured to another loop that led us to the end of the Falls Trail(essential hiking counterclockwise). Look for a green ribbon at the 2.2 mark and that’ll lead you to the Falls! Be cautious: LOTS OF MUD and down trees. Otherwise, the Falls were beautiful and I would definitely hike this trail again! Trust your map!

The waterfall itself is gorgeous! The trail is not marked at all so use the gps on this app! Most of the hike was on a gravel road. The falls trailhead is very hidden. Easy to miss. The last stretch is all mud and water but once you get to the falls it all worth it!

It was a great hike with my 9 year old. The last part of the trail into the falls was pretty muddy and wet. Overall pretty easy hike.