Kendall Katwalk Trail

Kendall Katwalk Trail is a 14.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hike along the Pacific crest trail from I-90 to reach the Kendall katwalk, a rock path blasted out of the cliff face.

This is one of my go to trail running spots. Most of the trail is runnable and the views along the way are amazing, however be super careful since in some spots the trail is very narrow so one wrong step and it will be your last. Most people turn around after reaching the Katwalk however if you keep going the lakes at the end are scenic and will tempt you to stay awhile. In fact the lakes are a fantastic place to camp. Since this is part of the PCT you won’t be alone, but it is not a crowded trail at all. Bring warm clothes because the area past the Katwalk tends to be pretty cold. I post photos of my hiking adventures on instagram under “adventuringKR”, including the ones from this hike.

Visited 8/25/2018 Great hike. No smoke. Elevation gain is very gradual. I’d recommend hiking shoes/boots as the terrain changes from dirt to rocky to rocky with tree roots. Definitely worth the 14 miles!

Beautiful hike. Gradual elevation the whole way through. It really is 7.4 miles to the lakes for almost exactly 15 mile hike round trip. Totally worth it.

Beautiful hike, it was very smokey on 8/14 so the views could be much improved on a clear day but still a great hike. The hike itself is moderate difficulty, I think what may make it harder is the length.

Went up this past weekend; although it was cloudy the panoramic of the Cascades was still stunning! A favorite for sure. Quite a bit of bugs so bring some bug spray.

Great views, not too many people, very hot, bring lot's of water. Bugs

One of the best hikes I’ve been on! Absolutely amazing views at the top, had some rain come in but created some nice cover and rolling fog over the crest of the mountains!

Hiked this Sunday 8/5. Started at 7:30 am and it was a long beautiful hike. We ended up going past the Katwalk to have lunch by the lakes (total miles ended up being 15.2 miles). We stopped at Ridge Lake, the smaller of the two. There were some amazing places to camp for a future overnight trip to venture further on the PCT. The trail wasn’t too difficult nor was it too crowded. The bugs were pretty aggressive and after 3 applications of bug spray I still came home with 20+ bug bites. I definitely would do this one again.

Very fun hike outside Seattle. I went on 8/6 and started at 9 am, stopping at Lake Ridge and heading back. It took about 6 hours. If you plan on stopping, make sure to bring bug spray.

Great hike up but the down....

Did the hike last weekend, only two small snow patches off trail were noted. Snow balls were thrown.

Amazing views. Hiked 7/27 and the trail was completely dry. Started at 5 am and found the bugs to be bothersome only when I would stop walking.

The trail was a little more rocky and rooty than I am used to. I had to use more caution than usual in the descent for that reason. But I tend to be a clutz anyway.

The incline was steady and fair. Easily kept 18-20 min mile pace, taking 5H 30M total. I got a little off track and ended up walking 15.7 miles, 3900 elevation. I would rate this more of a moderate hike than difficult.

Super enjoyable views; saw a mountain goat and a ground hog, heard eagle screeches, and saw many varieties of butterflies and wildflowers. Also met a few groups of friendly campers along the way. Overall, great hike!

Great hike-3 hours to the Katwalk including several short water and photo stops. 2 1/2 hours down. Breeze and deet kept bugs at bay. Lots of flowers in bloom and lots of butterflies. Couple snow patches but didnt impede walking.

Absolutely stunning!!! No snow to cross at all. Bugs are pretty bad at the lakes but were minimal the rest of the way.

STUNNING views of Mount Rainier and beautiful mountain peaks on a blue-sky day!! This trail has it all: switchbacks through the forest, little mountain streams/waterfalls, wildflowers, rock fields, snow fields, and breathtaking views. Bug spray with high % of deet will keep the bugs away.

Bugs are out! I had different bees follow me for most of my hike. Mosquitos are bad in the higher elevations as well due to the snow melt. Beautiful hike but I wish I had worn a bug net on my head or bug repellant. I stopped to take a picture and had 4 mosquitos on my arm! lol. Lots of poison ivy in the lower elevations. If you're allergic to it definitely wear long pants and long sleeves.

Beautiful view, hot! BUGS!! BUGS!
Few snow on the ground!! But it’s worth it

Awesome hike. Very little elevation gain, and the trail is well maintained. A must-do hike for the central cascades.

I would rate this as easy but an excellent hike. There is still snow in some areas.

Hiked this last summer. Excellent hike with well maintained trail. Can be very busy so if crowds aren't your thing I'd look elsewhere. The lakes past the katwalk are nice definitely recommend stopping there to eat lunch as most people stop before.

Tried to hike 5/26 and there was too much snow to even see the trail.

Started at 6:30, the beginning was well maintained and packed down. About a mile in the trail becomes very faint, snow becomes thick and difficult to traverse through and there is a various amount of different side trails that can confuse hikers without GPS. Around the 3 mile mark my group turned around due to weak trail appearance. Maybe wait a couple more weeks for this one. Snow shoes very much acquired. Be aware of possible avalanche danger

very well worth the hike...and very beautiful

I love it when I am able to do a new hike with gorgeous weather along with Gorgeous views. I couldn't believe I haven't hiked this one before, now I can add this one to be a duplicate, because I'm sure I will like this one again. great day great hike

Hiked Sat 10/28. Conditions were very good, 2 or 3 water crossings at the 1/3 portion of the trail - if you have hiking shoes you'll get through dry footed. Some snow (ankle deep?) at 2/3 of the way. We had hiking boots and a trekking pole each and it was sufficient. Great views along the way. It is a little disappointing that the trail has no climax point, but definitely worth the effort.

Hiked this incredible trail Tues Oct 24! Made it all the way to the Katwalk... Microspikes may be necessary, as snow became about knee dip 5 miles in! Water crossings are deep and intense...complete waterproof gear, especially shoes would be worth it. Totally worth it for the blue sky, snow, and fall colors...it was phenomenal scenery...with Rainier as the icing to our cake. The hike is long, but moderately challenging vs alltrails rating as difficult. Recommend on a clear fall day.

Hiked this mid-week. Turned around at the 5.2 mile mark, and didn't make it all the way to the Katwalk. No snow at all until the 5-mile mark, but there was some after that. Weather was really nice with outstanding views of Rainier. The water crossings were no joke - very full!

Great hike. It seemed like it should be moderate level hike in the summertime rather than "hard". but it was overall gorgeous! I enjoyed it on my day off and would 100% recommend to a friend. be careful with kids-there are steep cliffs.

Nice sunny views of red mountain, and guye peak. the snow definitely added much beauty.

I started early, around 9. trail was icy and boot packed snow. quite slippery at times. muddy and slushy in the warm afternoon.

it is a beautiful trail but it also felt kind of long, and features mostly the same views until the very end when you crest the ridge and get to see the other side, near the katwalk.

not exactly exciting since the trail is quite wide and heavily trafficked, but it is surely a beautiful spot in the Snoqualmie hood... way prettier than your usual i90 hikes and not as grueling either.

Incredibly mucky, slushy, snowy and a little icy. Those views made it worthwhile as it may have been my last chance at it for the year.