Kendall Katwalk Trail

Kendall Katwalk Trail is a 14.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hike along the Pacific crest trail from I-90 to reach the Kendall katwalk, a rock path blasted out of the cliff face.

My fave hike of the season! I loved the varied terrain. Incline in fairly steady on this hike. I went early July and still crossed a few snow mounds. Trek poles sure helped but not necessary. Cloudy so no view of My Rainier, but saw Guye Peak and Red Mountain. I thought the catwalk toward the end of the hike was going to be nerve racking but it was wider than I expected.

Epic. The views are well worth the effort.

Beautiful views!

Beautiful views and super clear day. Could see to Mt. Rainier easily. Make sure you get out early though, the I-90 has two lanes closed going west and by 1:30PM when we returned, it was bumper to bumper for miles.

The trail itself is mostly clear of snow until you get to the high alpine. There are several pitches that are snow covered and very steep, so you really should have micro spikes at least and hiking poles (ice axe would be best). The last mile towards Alaska Lake is completely covered in snow (we didn't attempt), so be prepared if you are headed farther on.

The trail is moderate for sure and well maintained but gets hard when you get to The Katwalk mainly because of the snow that is there.

Snowpack was still on the trail up at 4 or 5 miles from TH. The view is awesome. Look forward to doing this one again.

amazing

Great trail and really beautiful section of the PCT. Forest, waterfalls, ridges, snow, alpine lakes, mountain views (including rainier). I'm happy I picked a sunny day to go so I could see the distant snowy mountains. This is a longer hike, so I'd allow 5-6 hours if you plan on heading back immediately instead of camping at one of the sites along the trail.