Jolly Mountain Lookout Trail #1307

Jolly Mountain Lookout Trail #1307 is a 12.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Roslyn, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 12.3 miles Elevation Gain: 4,179 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Trail was in great shape Unfortunate to have Trail bikers on the trail, makes it a little hard to hike, not to mention the noise Also hiked to Louvre Peak and Skookum Peak

We started at the end of FS RD 4315. Amazing views in all directions. We didn’t make it to the top of Jolly Mtn because of too much snow and we didn’t feel like trekking through it. Stunning burn landscapes and wildflowers blooming.

Last summer i hiked this with my family. We hiked it 2 weeks before the jolly mountain fire. it was beautiful to see the mountains and the meadows from the top. when you got to the top you could see all the was to ellensburg. it was a beautiful hike. i really want to go hike this again and see what the wildfire did.

Friday, July 20, 2018

Friday July 20, 2018: My wife and I with two friends hiked to Jolly Mountain via Sasse Mountain Trail. We drove Forest Road 4315 up to the end. It was sunny but not too hot. We walked through the forest burned by last year's Jolly Mountain Fire. The view from the summit was great. It was a jolly good hike.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Memorial Day 2018 - The plan was to take the Jolly Mountain Trail (1307) only if the forest road 4315 gates were locked. Because they were open I was able to drive up to the second gate at which point the road was un-passable due to snow and debris. I parked at the gate and walked the rest of the road to the Sasse Mountain trail which connects with the Jolly Mountain trail after a couple of miles. This saved me ~2k feet in elevation, but the out & back distance was still around 8 miles. Lots of snow and no visible trail on the north face of Jolly Mt, so bring spikes, poles, GPS, and your wayfinding skills. I saw nobody on the trail all day. It was awesome. Read the full report on my blog below: http://cairnguru.com/trailreports/2018/5/28/jolly-mountain-lookout

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Having mountain biked in the Northwest for over 12 years I was surprised to have not heard about this ride before. It is an excellent loop for advanced riders. The road up is in great shape, which makes the 4,200 foot climb go by fast. The final section up to Mount Jolly is on trail. We road part of it, then carried our bikes for about a mile up to the top. Incredible 360 degreee views from Rainier to Stuart to Glacier to the Enchantments. The decent is steep and technical in places, but very ride-able if you are an experienced mountain biker. The middle section of the trail is less steep and the best part of the entire ride. Towards the end, there is a bush wacking section with lots of loose rock. This only lasts for less than a mile, then it's back to the singletrack before ending at the road. This will definitely become one of my annnual "to do" rides. It was simply awesome.

off road driving