Jolly Mountain Lookout Trail #1307 is a 12.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Roslyn, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Friday July 20, 2018: My wife and I with two friends hiked to Jolly Mountain via Sasse Mountain Trail. We drove Forest Road 4315 up to the end. It was sunny but not too hot. We walked through the forest burned by last year's Jolly Mountain Fire. The view from the summit was great. It was a jolly good hike.

Memorial Day 2018 - The plan was to take the Jolly Mountain Trail (1307) only if the forest road 4315 gates were locked. Because they were open I was able to drive up to the second gate at which point the road was un-passable due to snow and debris. I parked at the gate and walked the rest of the road to the Sasse Mountain trail which connects with the Jolly Mountain trail after a couple of miles. This saved me ~2k feet in elevation, but the out & back distance was still around 8 miles. Lots of snow and no visible trail on the north face of Jolly Mt, so bring spikes, poles, GPS, and your wayfinding skills. I saw nobody on the trail all day. It was awesome. Read the full report on my blog below:

Saturday, April 15, 2017