Iverson Railroad and Northwest Timber Trails

Iverson Railroad and Northwest Timber Trails is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

when pop out on to gravel road go beyond .25 of a mile to more trail heads on tiger mountain.

I like the trail but I don't think I truly came across a railroad type crossing or tracks which was what I expected. The trail does have several other trails near it as well.

Friday, July 21, 2017

My advice would be to avoid West Side Road, which is a crushed gravel road for vehicles. It is better to stick with Iverson Railroad Trail, which is a pleasant pine needle covered path that gently winds through the forest.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

I did this trail with my 10 year old. It was a decent climb up from the lot, but only for about 15-20 minutes. Then it evens out and is absolutely beautiful. It does pour out onto a fire road for a bit at the end, but it was hilly so it's still a good workout. Would do again.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

First 1.8 miles was through the woods and was a great view and end up at the wide rocky road and walk about 1.5 miles back.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Nice easy trail.

Friday, March 31, 2017

Easy hike..... first 1.8 miles through the forest was lovely and to our surprise/dismay the loop finished with 1.6 miles of wide road ....West side Road trail.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Great trail !! But lot of people on week ends!!

Saturday, May 07, 2016

5/6/2016 (Friday) - We started from Summit parking place (only 4-5 cars at 9:30), moved westward, connecting to South Tiger trail. Ivernon RR is easy, pleasant woody trail, about 1.8 miles. We then continued to South Tiger's western side, then the southmost section of TMT, a total of 6.5-7 miles. A pleasant sunny morning 65-75F, Light traffic. But when we come back to Summit, it has become full, mostly parked by bikers.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

one of my favorite trails to take kids on. very nice beginner trail.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

We found this on accident looking for the start to south tiger mountain loop. 1.5 miles through the forest. We ended up connecting with the south tiger trail to stretch the hike out to about 7 miles

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Used this trail to access Middle Tiger Mountain. Nice day, didn't see a soul on this Friday aside from work crew who helpfully set us on the right path and mentioned to look for the fatal train crash site of 1925. It was a great hike. Beautiful trees and a couple of bridges.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Trail seems very well maintained. Saw some bikes. From the trailhead you can actually hike all the way to poo poo point. That is about a 13mi out and back. The overs on trail itself is about 2.4 out and back

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Was totally bummed cause I wanted to do some trail running but I couldn't even get to it. Directions have you driving through private roads/driveways so I couldn't even find it. New directions would be helpful!

Saturday, August 12, 2017