Ira Spring Memorial Trail

Ira Spring Memorial Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Garcia, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2099 feet

Started this hike later in the day and encountered rain and even snow at the top. Easy climb up for about half of the way and then it is pretty steep j til the endpoint of the this trail. Attempted to continue on and reach the summit of Bandera Mt but the trail was pretty snow covered and required scrambling to get up, which we did not have proper equipment for (crampons would have been useful here). Overall pretty great hike with beautiful views of the mountain ranges, with the peaks covered in snow.

I did this trail today with a good friend. The climb to Mason Lake is steady and a good leg workout. It took about an hour and a half to make it to the lake but we didn't feel challenged enough so we kept going to the summit. The climb up from the lake and especially the final scramble to the top is a more strenuous workout but very worth it. The route we took nearly doubled the hike (just under 12 miles total) with about 3500ft total gain. It was really foggy today so we didn't get to appreciate much of a view but overall this is an excellent, rigorous hike for people in decent shape. I would note the trail is very uneven throughout, with large rocks, some holes and tree roots to watch out for...I nearly turned ankles a few times more on this trail than most others I've done.

Nice steady climb to a great view of surrounding mountains and Mt. Ranier. Some bugs at the very top, but that's it. Trekking poles would have been helpful.

Excellent way to start a day! Beautiful trail, tons of views. Gorgeous lake & option to continue on if so desired. I got there around 8am & there were only a few people on the trail, though it did get busier later in the day. The dog & I waded in the lake & stayed for a nice picnic & meditation. We left before it got too hot so it was perfect. The bugs really aren't so bad earlier in the day. Will def go back & maybe stay a night @ Mason Lake!

Fantastic trail! Highly recommend getting there early though, as it fills up fast. We got there at 7:30 am and the parking lot was almost full. The trail is steep nearly the whole way so you'll get a sweat on. But it's totally worth it for the views and wild flowers. Mason Lake is nice, but again, busy with campers.

Couple of tips: again go early, sunscreen, it's exposed at the top and if you go in the afternoon you'll get strong sun. Also 30 min away is no boat brewing company (at 90 and 18 west), worth going to after this hike, plus its dog friendly..

Great first hike of the season (bit of a late start). Views of Mt. Rainier throughout, and mountain lake swimming at the top!

Amazing hike! In my top 3 favorite hikes I've done in the area. Beautiful time of year to go, great wildflowers. I love that this feels like two hikes in one: you get an awesome viewpoint at the top and then you head down to the lake. Parking can be an issue and there are lots of bugs, but the views are worth it. As you ascend, you get more and more peaks of Mt Rainier. Beautiful!

the trail itself is great, flowers, view erverything is great!