Iller Creek Conservation Area Trail

Iller Creek Conservation Area Trail is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Iller Creek Conservation Area consists of trails on approximately 900 acres. Offers several different trails which lead to some beautiful views of Spokane and Spokane Valley.

I actually parked at the south trailhead for "Stevens Creek" trail off of Stevens Creek Road. Hiked a little under a mile to "Big Rock" and enjoyed the views of the Palouse to the South and Spokane Valley to the North. From where the Stevens Creek Trail meets the Iller Creek Loop at the top I recommend going down on the East (right) loop, as it is more exposed and steep, and then up on the West (left) loop, as it is shaded and less steep. Iller Creek Trailhead shown here is another access point to the "Rocks of Sharon" and Stevens Creek Trail. Good trail for dogs, there is a creek along the west loop.

I went on the right trail and enjoyed the shade. The trail was a gradual incline so was a good workout for me on a beautiful trail.

This trail is so beautiful. There are a lot of different types of wild flower. It was very easy to hike.

The wife and I had a great time hiking this path definitely a great path for beginners. We hiked for about 3 hrs climbed lots of rocks, and the views were amazing. A must see!

A great trail near town with nice views of both the Spokane Valley from the Iller Creek side, and of the Palouse from near Rocks of Sharon on the Stevens Creek side.
If coming from Iller Creek Trailhead, the trail to the right (western side) of the trail will provide you shade and a more gradual elevation gain, while the trail that heads off to the left (the more eastern side) is steeper and more exposed. Keep that in mind as you assess the season, the temperatures, and time of day.

This trail is also used by mountain bikers. It is heavily trafficked.

This is a great trail running loop.

One the best trails we’ve been on. Great inclines, gets the heart pumping. Loved it

rock climbing

Amazing loop with great bouldering and technical climbing options!

Fun hike! Bring the bug spray and be ready for some moderate uphill.

first hike of the year! some great views. great workout!

Great hike! We went counterclockwise... the trail starts off shaded and has a bit of an incline for around a mile. Once you make it around the loop and start the descent back, there aren’t many trees so you get a great view of Spokane and Dishman hills. So green and beautiful this time of year!

Beautiful trail, with dense foliage down below and tree lined meadows at higher elevation.

Would definitely rate this trail as moderate if you go to the top. Nice shady areas kept me cool even in the heat of the day. It is easy to stay on the trail if you just stay on the wider trail. lol. Lots of mosquitoes. I wish I had taken bug spray.

I enjoyed this hike a lot! Little muddy on one side but definitely a hike I will do again!

I hiked up to the first crest going counter-clockwise, then turned around. This trail is beautiful and pretty well kept. Very steep in places. It was very muddy (but that was my own fault for going while it was raining). A few tiny streams to jump over. Mosquitoes are a little out of control, ended up with two arms full of bites, so make sure you pack bug spray.

Beautiful hike. Nice stream along the route for my dog to cool off. Little to many people along the way for my liking. But it was the first sunny and enjoyable weekend so far, and Mothers Day weekend. I will definitely go back, but try a week day.

A great Spokane area day hike. A little under two hours round trip. We always go counter clockwise up the heavily shaded creek. Once you get to the top the views of the Palouse are fantastic!

We stayed right and it was really muddy at first but once we reached the top it was sunny and beautiful the rest of the way. Would do again.

Wow, inclines! Great hike although we got a confused by the trail at times, a few offshoots.

Beautiful views, running water, well maintained trails. We went off the main loop and got quite the hike in! Ended up going almost 8 miles with a lot of uphill. You can make this hike difficult if you want!

Beautiful views, a few muddy spots but nothing that could not be avoided. Enjoyed lunch at the rocks.

Some shallow water crossings, one felled tree. Clearly marked main paths, lots of smaller loops available throughout. Beginnings of wildflowers.

A nice trail that’s marked clearly the entire loop. It was pretty muddy most of the way uphill, going clockwise. But the downhill part was dry and nice. The view at the top is beautiful!

Went early on Saturday to do the loop counterclockwise. East side is dry until you get up to the cut off trail and then there's some sections of snow. Lots more snow on trail coming back the west side plus you'll have to jump the creek a couple of times.

Nice trail, well marked. Tons of bugs! Make sure to pack bug spray.

Took my fat bike and dog up to the towers. Wasn’t easy but it was fun. Still a little snow in places and a little mud but no issues.

3/11/18 Muddy starting up the left side and icy coming down the right.

Great hike! Went counter clockwise and glad we did since it was quite muddy on the way down (probable last mile or so). Great viewing points once you get to the top. Dogs are allowed and it was noticed a lot of owners do not pick up after them so just watch your step. Overall great hike and would like to come back in the summer.

Fun to do the whole loop. Has some steep parts. We always bring lunch to eat on the rocks at the top and enjoy the view of the Palouse.

The main trail was packed enough to not need snowshoes. We walked through some of the smaller trails as well, but snowshoes would have been nice to have on those. Just enough new snow to not be icy, but it will be soon. We only saw one other person this morning and had a great view from the top on a sunny day.