Icicle Ridge Trail (#1570)

Icicle Ridge Trail (#1570) is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Leavenworth: Take Icicle Creek Road (#76) south for approximately 1.5 miles from US 2 highway. Look for the trailhead on the right.

Great views. Wouldn't recommend for young children. My 8 yr old kept up fine but I wouldn't call it family friendly because of how steep it is.

Spectacular views but tons of trees down on the trail. Made for a slow-going Hike. Not very runnable.

This was a good hike & pretty views. Tbeo switch backs are fairly steep - it was a bit of a challenge!

Great hike!
Starts out pretty easy, but definitely gets more steep towards the end (may be tough for people with creaky knees). It is well maintained and not toooo busy. The view at the top is totally worth it because you can see over the other side and the whole valley is below. Wouldn’t recommend in the rain (might get slippery). Would definitely do again!!

I love this trip, really got my heart pumping with switchbacks but worth it!

beautiful hike! took us just over two hours, and we ran most of the way down. beautiful views of leavenworth and the mountains and river! tons of wildflowers too! would recommend doing it in the morning to beat the heat.

We started out early in the morning and it was truly beautiful. There are many switchbacks with great places to catch your breath. Arriving at the top showcase views which are amazing of Leavenworth Valley, Cascade Mountains and Wenatchee River. Worth every breath.

I’m a heavy guy and decided to start dropping weight this year by walking and hiking. This new lifestyle change is eye opening for many reasons but for today it was the gorgeous views at the top (I took a right at the top to overlook Leavenworth). The trail was pretty crowded which was great for me since I had to stop all the time anyway so the extra stops were nice to catch my breath. An excellent experience. I’ll do it again.

Great spring with yellow daisies and some paint brush. Switchbacks all the way up. Tumwater Canyon, Leavenworth, and a 360 degree view at the top.

Nice views at the top. Lots of switchbacks in the beginning with minimum views, Getting to the top is worth it.

The scenery was beautiful and the weather was perfect. The hike gets very steep when you get closer the the top. My friends and myself didn’t make it to the top. I wouldn’t recommend for new hikers.

It was an amazing trail. There was snow about half way up, but even hiking in sneakers was doable. Completely worth the view.

it is a amazing trail

Wore spikes but didn’t necessarily need them most of the way. Beneficial going up in some places this time of year. View from the top was spectacular. Would definitely do it again!

My first time there, made it about halfway up I guess. a lot of snow and with the elevation, that was a lot for me. hope to do it again soon and be able to make it to the top.

It doesn't get any better than this! Microspikes and good music. I forgot to hit record, but it was a grand time! Cool people to say hi to at the top too.

Great fitness outing. Played around on crampons, but it was a little more on the micro spike side of trail conditions. Slick at the top (except not at all with crampons). Nice to just get out really quick. Fantastic partners for the outing.

this is a fun trail if you are looking for a quick hike. The view from up top is good with a view up tumwater canyon and the Leavenworth area. great cardio work out.

beautiful views of the Leavenworth area. great hike

Trail narrows greatly near the top.

Well groomed, enjoyable hiking trail. Provides a beautiful view of the valley.

We didn't see much wildlife.

Nice little jaunt to the top. We do it every time we're in town.

It was good, I was hoping for better views.

This trail is extremely busy. So many people and a lot of people with their dogs off leash. Very difficult to manuver and avoid. Very narrow trail and one of the more difficult hikes we have done. Very dry and dusty in a lot of parts and sucks when it's 100 degrees outside. The views are nice, and worth it! wouldn't do it again, but it was a good experience. :)

My favorite local spot for a great sunset or challenging work out. My friends and I did this for a full moon hike and loved every minute of it. I have since hiked it a few more times. It is consistent switch backs the whole way up, but is very easy to follow and the payout is spectacular.
The views show parts of the Tumwater canyon down into Leavenworth, and up the icicle toward sleeping lady! Takes 2-4 hours depending on fitness level and how long you like to take in the views. Enjoy!

We came here on a Thursday morning in the summer time. After you park on the road, you just take either path and it will lead you to the start of the trailhead. This hike going up was hard. I've done multiple hikes and this was one of the tougher ones.. maybe because the sun was blazing and we were kind of hungover... took us a little over an hour and a half to go up... we took numerous breaks. Anyway, coming down, we had a (fairly large) snake in the path... almost fell off jumping to avoid it. The path is very dusty. The view at top was really not that great to be honest. The views on the way up were better in my opinion. Took a little less than an hour to get down.

Should start earlier on these beautiful sunny days, but great hike.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Had a great time with the old lady and dog! We were rewarded with a great view at the top for the finale.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Steady climb up
Great views
Awesome flowers

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Much more sandy/slippery terrain than we expected.