Icicle Ridge Trail (#1570)

Icicle Ridge Trail (#1570) is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Leavenworth: Take Icicle Creek Road (#76) south for approximately 1.5 miles from US 2 highway. Look for the trailhead on the right.

Trail narrows greatly near the top.

Well groomed, enjoyable hiking trail. Provides a beautiful view of the valley.

We didn't see much wildlife.

Nice little jaunt to the top. We do it every time we're in town.

It was good, I was hoping for better views.

This trail is extremely busy. So many people and a lot of people with their dogs off leash. Very difficult to manuver and avoid. Very narrow trail and one of the more difficult hikes we have done. Very dry and dusty in a lot of parts and sucks when it's 100 degrees outside. The views are nice, and worth it! wouldn't do it again, but it was a good experience. :)

My favorite local spot for a great sunset or challenging work out. My friends and I did this for a full moon hike and loved every minute of it. I have since hiked it a few more times. It is consistent switch backs the whole way up, but is very easy to follow and the payout is spectacular.
The views show parts of the Tumwater canyon down into Leavenworth, and up the icicle toward sleeping lady! Takes 2-4 hours depending on fitness level and how long you like to take in the views. Enjoy!