Icicle Ridge Trail (#1570)

Icicle Ridge Trail (#1570) is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Leavenworth: Take Icicle Creek Road (#76) south for approximately 1.5 miles from US 2 highway. Look for the trailhead on the right.

It was good, I was hoping for better views.

This trail is extremely busy. So many people and a lot of people with their dogs off leash. Very difficult to manuver and avoid. Very narrow trail and one of the more difficult hikes we have done. Very dry and dusty in a lot of parts and sucks when it's 100 degrees outside. The views are nice, and worth it! wouldn't do it again, but it was a good experience. :)

My favorite local spot for a great sunset or challenging work out. My friends and I did this for a full moon hike and loved every minute of it. I have since hiked it a few more times. It is consistent switch backs the whole way up, but is very easy to follow and the payout is spectacular.
The views show parts of the Tumwater canyon down into Leavenworth, and up the icicle toward sleeping lady! Takes 2-4 hours depending on fitness level and how long you like to take in the views. Enjoy!

We came here on a Thursday morning in the summer time. After you park on the road, you just take either path and it will lead you to the start of the trailhead. This hike going up was hard. I've done multiple hikes and this was one of the tougher ones.. maybe because the sun was blazing and we were kind of hungover... took us a little over an hour and a half to go up... we took numerous breaks. Anyway, coming down, we had a (fairly large) snake in the path... almost fell off jumping to avoid it. The path is very dusty. The view at top was really not that great to be honest. The views on the way up were better in my opinion. Took a little less than an hour to get down.

Should start earlier on these beautiful sunny days, but great hike.

Had a great time with the old lady and dog! We were rewarded with a great view at the top for the finale.

Steady climb up
Great views
Awesome flowers

Went with an old high school friend today. Spectacular views but it got hot on the trail. It was 92° when we got back to our car. I would definitely do this trail again once it cools down a little!

great views.

Had a few hours to kill after my buddy tweaked his shoulder climbing. Nice short little jaunt and cool view of Leavenworth. Sadly you can't see any of the truly impressive mountains like the enchantments to the south. If able (and they are snow free) I would recommend the higher elevation hikes like colchuck & Stuart over this any day.