Icicle Gorge Trail

Icicle Gorge Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a gentle hike for kids and adults. Very low elevation gain with fun bridges, chipmunks, butterflies and water to observe. The hike is less than 5 miles and is a loop with no side trails to cut across as you follow the river so bring plenty of water and good walking shoes.

Beautiful with all the snow! Got lucky with a sunny day, so views of the mountains around were great. Definitely would come here again.

A fantastic short hike with kids in carriers. Absolutely stunning with a light dusting of snow.

Easy scenic hike. Great for families.

Hiked today. The trail was super wet in parts and some of the bridges were down, but I was still able to hike it all. No snow right now. Still as pretty as ever!

Easy hike, beautiful scenery

Great trail for a little lengthier walk!

Beautiful, light and easy trek through different landscape.. great way to spend a few afternoon hours.

More of a nice walk than a hike. Beautiful none the less

Easy beautiful trail. I would definitely do it again.

loves this trail, I would highly recommend this trail for anyone headed to the leavenworth area. small parking fee in the lot, our national park pass covered it though. Very easy, our 9 yr old loved it, also this was our dogs first hike, and he loved it, easy for him, and wore him out at the same time. Not much incline at all, although I do recommend if you don't want any incline, I suggest you take a right at the first fork in the trail, (near the start of the hike) this makes for a flatter nature walk, and also saves the best part for last. There is a pit toilet in the parking lot. Also a warning, the road going up to the trail head was wide and not on a big cliff or anything which was nice, but, it was VERY bumpy! seemed like a big bull dozer came and left it's tracks behind, you have to go extremely slow, otherwise it shakes your car very bad. We found that if you drive up the middle of the road, it helped alot. Also, coming down the road was alot better. All in all beautiful nature walk for the whole family. beautiful views throughout the whole thing, and lots of places to stop and play in the water.

loved the hike! we had 3 kids with us, 4, 9 and 12 y.o. they loved the experience. the river is really beautiful! will come back for sure.

Did trail great hike and loved it

Hiked on 8/13 in the AM. As others have pointed out, it's an easy hike (less of a hike and more of a "nature walk"). It's a nice way to see a little more of the beautiful Leavenworth area without heading on a big all-day expedition. I hiked this as a sort-of "weekend cool down" after completing a much bigger hike the prior day.

The trail is well maintained and there's a lot to see - beautiful trees, plants, and access to the river. There are different informational signs throughout the walk that help describe bits and pieces of what surrounds you.

If you're looking for a leisurely hike, desire to see a little more of the area, or have some extra time, definitely check this trail out!

Easy yet peaceful

Nice hike for the family.

We really loved this trail. It's a fairly flat loop that wends it's way up and down an especially pretty section of Icicle Creek. If you're traveling with young kids, this is the trail to choose. Lots of variety along the trail kept the kids interested and enthusiastic.

Beautiful trail that is accessible to all levels and visually stunning to anyone. Lots of shade made it comfortable even on a 90+ degree day. Highly recommend it!

Nice walk was able to do it with my 6yr old daughter and a 9 mo. old dog. Beautiful views of the river and surrounding mountains. Trail was easy to follow and well maintained.

If you are looking for an easy hike along the river this is it! Even the drive up to the trailhead is lovely.

I did this Trail a few weeks ago and it was beautiful! I usually gravitate towards the more difficult elevation hikes but a back injury forced me to take it easy. I was glad it did as I was treated to gorgeous views and lots of Wildflowers!

Love this quick and easy day hike.

A very nice and easy stroll along a beautiful river gorge on good trail for the family. Many impressive water falls, flowers , mountains and rock formations. The trail does get close to some cliffs in a few spots. So keep an eye or better a hand on the younger ones.

Our family had a great time on this hike. Lots of wildlife, scenic bridges and wildflowers. I would highly recommend this hike!

Breathtaking

Hiked with the kiddos, 5, 10x2, and 2 adults. Stopped plenty along the way to pick flowers and admire the beautiful mountain and river views. Took us about 2.5 hours moving slowly.

Enjoyable, easy hike with my chihuahua. Beautiful views.

Beautiful!

I walk this trail every Sunday with my dog. It is easy with some elevation involved great for a nice walk and burn some calories as well. Walk along the river, shaded trees in places and sometimes see a deer or two. I live around here and this place is my go too.

Hiked this trail a week or so back while visiting from Minnesota. Awesome trail and the views are amazing. Not a tough hike by any means. It is tricky to get to once you get past the pavement. The dirt road is a bit rough but worth your while to take your time and do this loop!

great hike with kids. watch for mosquitos.