Hurricane Hill via Hurricane Ridge

Hurricane Hill via Hurricane Ridge is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Port Angeles, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Located in beautiful Port Angeles in northwestern Washington State, The Hurricane Hill Nature trail begins 1.5 miles beyond the Hurricane Ridge Visitor's Center in Olympic National Park. This paved trail climbs to a panoramic view of the Olympic Range, Puget Sound and Vancouver Island. This is one of the most easily accessed mountain areas and best places in the park to view the Olympic Marmot. Hurricane Ridge Road is open from mid-May through October and the hiking trail is usually snow free from July through September. The ridge is open to skiing during the winter months.The Hurricane Ridge Visitor Center is a great place to stop to view exhibits or talk with National Park Service Rangers. There is also a gift shop with a snack bar for hungry hikers. The first quarter mile of the trail is wheelchair accessible with assistance.

beautiful mountains and view❤️

Beautiful!!! First snow shoe ever on 12/31. The road up was fine in my Subaru crosstrek - however the line got long quick!! Be there at 9am or before! Started near the lodge past the sledding hill... toward hurricane hill. This is the most stunning view! Made it to the end of the “road” and turned back. Didn’t wanna push it to far on my first adventure. A great first place and incredible views !!!

Was good bag to hike it with h snowshoes but ended up using micro spikes. A beautiful hike.

Went back in September and this hike was one of my favorites. The views at the top were amazing. If it's a hot sunny day, make sure you bring extra water because the majority of the hike has little to no shade.

Walked this in Early August, fabulous sunny day, clear to the horizons. Saw deer near the visitors center. Easy walk, amazing top of the word views.

Steeper than I had imagined and fairly open with little tree cover/shade. views of the opposite mountain ranges were great, and once at the top, you could see the Sound and Vancouver Island on a clear day. I found it interesting that the deer there are very social and meander among the hikers at the top, calmly munching on leaves and grasses. Keep a respectful distance and don't feed them. There are many social trails at the top, making it easy to take in the views from many angles.

Beautiful trail with stunning mountain views. There was still snow on the mountain tops in July 2017. The best part of the park and it was fairly kid and elderly friendly.

Beautiful views. Much of the path is paved. Not too long. Incline is challenging but not too difficult. Actually saw a ram near the top of the trail. Make sure to stop at the visitor center, go in the back and take in the view there as well. Great idea to take a picnic lunch to eat at the visitor center overlook.

Great views the entire time but it was pretty similar to the views you can get from the visitor center. I did see a lot of wildlife though and that made this trail worth it! We saw deer, marmots, blue grouse, chipmunks and plenty of birds of different colors and kinds.

Nice little uphill hike straight to the top! Beautiful all the way to the top and breath taking when you reach the top! Must do if you're in the area for sure

Amazing scenery.

Great trail and views, but, be ready to climb!

We were fortunate to get to the Ranger Station right when it opened. It was us and maybe 12 other cars at the time. When we got back from the hike the parking lot was absolutely packed. Not to mention the line to get up to Hurricane was MILES long.

Great hike with options to extend. We were fortunate enough to have a clear day with views of Canada and the Sound. Just get there early! Recommend as a must do in ONP.

Not so long and easy to hike, good view of Mt Olympic and sea

We were there in first week of August 2017 , smoke was everywhere and slightly ruined the views . But it was great hike and I have seen many wildflowers.

We hiked Hurricane Hill at the end of May 2017. I loved this trail. The walk down the road to get the trailhead wasn't my favorite, but there were a few good views. We had never hiked in packed snow like this before, but we had our microspikes/traction system gear and didn't have any trouble at all (well, I managed to lose mine somewhere along the way back, but I was still fine in my hiking shoes). It was so cool to be at that elevation with the clouds; they'd move in so quickly and everything around you would turn white-we couldn't see a thing. But just as quickly, the clouds would move out for a beautiful view. It was spectacular. There wasn't any one section that was too tough. even in snow, so it was a pretty easy hike. One of my favorites from Olympic National Park.

Wow way too expensive. $20 for one person on a motorcycle is ridiculous. Had you posted the entry admission somewhere I wouldn't have wasted my time. Ya'll some money grubbing assholes.

Amazing view!!

Beautiful views. Ample and leisurely summit, with lots of photo opportunity and a variety of views. On one end, there's a small footpath that leads to a massive glacier and open sandy area, with views of the Olympics. On the other end is Vancouver Island and Mt Baker.

Easy trail, winding path up to the peak. Do this if you're in Olympic National Park!