Hugo Peak Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near La Grande, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 977 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beautiful hike, trail is well maintained. gorgeous day and hardly anybody on the trail today. nice spot to enjoy lunch at the very top , 0.15 further newer trail and nice viewpoint , really enjoyed it.

Pretty good trail, nice easy incline.

Nice, well maintained trail. No amazing views, but no crowds either. Nice moderate incline. Trail is right before you pass under the pack forest sign.

I just finished this hike with my parents and 3 kids. I've been coming to Hugo Peak since I was a little girl. the best views are on the hike up, at the peak the trees have grown so much the view is almost completely blocked. We picked blackberries and huckleberries along the trail. The trail has been well maintained.

A nice hike in the woods with a couple of vistas on the way up and no prize at the top. I had my sandwich on some benches in a big grassy area in the trees. There is a sign that says viewpoint, .12 miles. I checked it out, but it's not worth the extra quarter mile. The lower vistas were much better.

The trailhead is directly across from the gatehouse right off of 7 before you go under the Pack Forest overhead sign. Most of the trail is well maintained with good signage marking the way. Good workout and conditioning trail, however there really aren’t any views to speak of. There is a book at the top to sign.

trail is ok, but view up top is not that great. halfway up there a good view, but after that nothing too spectacular. mostly good for exercise. there's a booklet you can sign uptop.

Nice trail. Just a couple muddy spots and about two spots with loose gravel and rock that made me slide some even with the trek poles. The views are on the way up. There are two log benches at the top that are nice for a snack and quick break before heading back down. There's also a clearing in the trees up there, so one could even bring a blanket and have a picnic up there. We only saw 2 sets of hikers the whole time. It was great. Don't let the start of the trail fool you. There will be plenty of elevation gain soon enough. All in all, not a bad hike.

Great hike, watch out for the areas of loose rock especially downhill. I would say kid friendly if you have a carrier. Views on the way up, but not actually at the top.

Great day, a little mud but not too bad. Heavy traffic on the falls trails.

It was a beautiful hike for sure but there wasn't really a good view definitely needs to be logged because the view is nonexistent. the prettiest part is the hike up because the cool board walks. I do because it would be beautiful at the top if they logged 4 or so trees but definitely suggested the hike! the dogs loved it and it was a cool place for cute pictures! Also there is a cool log book you can write in which is a cute idea!! I do suggest the hike! :)) *would give 4½ stars if they logged.*

if you like steep hills worth basically one way in & out, you'll enjoy this alongside some gorgeous views on the way back. today we got hail!

Summer !!

Good trail not much views but now they are adding a second at the top to have a pretty great veiw you can see the entire valley and see the Town of Eatonville.

Took the family up the day it snowed and had a blast!! Until...we saw some bear tracks and in my haste to want to get going....I forgot the bear spray so..we turned around. Awesome hike though, can’t wait to go back and finish it.

This was my second hike, and it was an Ok hike (first hike, to compare, was high rock). First of all I should say that what I look for in a hike is the good view, which is why I rated so low (thought about even rating it 2 starts, but seeing as there was a pretty good view a little before/ at the halfway point I rated 3 star) First half is pretty steep and inclined, second half is mostly low incline or mostly level walking ground. At the top there's an area where you can sign your name, but the view is pretty lackluster, with trees mostly covering the area where you should be able to see the mountains and sunset/sunrise. Otherwise, pretty good hike. Probably will hike again, but only up to the good view, then down again.

my sis and I hike this often, great exercise the views are the not the best because of the growth of trees at the top. took a hour and a half from bottom to top use to take us 2.

It was my 2nd hike ever, it was great, we made it to the summit and back in less then 1 hr 50 mins

Great hike but pretty steep! Beautiful paths and scenery. Great workout!