Hugo Peak Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near La Grande, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was my second hike, and it was an Ok hike (first hike, to compare, was high rock). First of all I should say that what I look for in a hike is the good view, which is why I rated so low (thought about even rating it 2 starts, but seeing as there was a pretty good view a little before/ at the halfway point I rated 3 star) First half is pretty steep and inclined, second half is mostly low incline or mostly level walking ground. At the top there's an area where you can sign your name, but the view is pretty lackluster, with trees mostly covering the area where you should be able to see the mountains and sunset/sunrise. Otherwise, pretty good hike. Probably will hike again, but only up to the good view, then down again.

my sis and I hike this often, great exercise the views are the not the best because of the growth of trees at the top. took a hour and a half from bottom to top use to take us 2.

It was my 2nd hike ever, it was great, we made it to the summit and back in less then 1 hr 50 mins

Great hike but pretty steep! Beautiful paths and scenery. Great workout!

Good little hike. It is short, but pretty steep. As others have said, not much of a view at the top, but good resting spot. Pretty much all in the trees, which my dog appreciated. I will defiant go back, makes for a good hike when I don’t have all day.

Great little hike to get the blood flowing. I made the hike with an 8 year old and a three pound puppy. It was a little more than I anticipated but not overly difficult. The summit was a let down but it’s still a nice walk in the woods.

Well marked from the gatehouse. Great moderate challenge for those wanting to step up from easy. Saw flowers, lizards, and one massive bird of prey. Mostly shaded so good for a warm day. Only saw one other person on a Monday in July.

great hike but was a little raining..

Nice walk in the woods that gets your heart pumping a bit in parts. As others have mentioned, not a great view payoff at the top, but you get a little glimpse through the trees and there are a couple of benches to sit for a rest. It’s in the same area as another, much more popular trail (Mashel Falls), but this trail has almost nobody on it.

Nice trail. Clean and very well maintained. Not a lot of mud even though we've had recent rains.

The first half is the workout. From the gate to 1400 road has a nice challenge. Go at your own pace. One lookout vantage that's worth a pause. Would be nice to have a bench there.

Second half eases up and is a walk in the woods, so to speak. After you get to the road and trail mergers it was a nice hop skip and a jump to the peek. Only a small view but a couple of benches, a meadow setting and a register post.

Very relaxing at the top. Enjoyed the sun and worked on my tan since I was alone. Heading down was very fast and was actually harder on my knees.

A great hike. Will do it again.

An incredibly well maintained trail, climb is steady and quick, up up up the whole way. Best views come about half way up, nothing too spectacular at the top.

Took my two kids ages 11 and 8 and they had a ton of fun! They completed it easily. A little muddy in spots but the trail is well maintained.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Great trail. Beautiful curves once you get about 300 yards in. Good incline slightly challenging and definitely very beautiful in the snow. Enjoyed this hike.

Saturday, October 07, 2017

Liked the trail. Was disappointed at the peak. No look out on top. Was expecting to see mount Rainier

Oh. I lost my eye glasses on the way up. I believe around 1/2 way when I was getting warm and removed my coat If you find them please email me
jcagruber@me.com. Thanks. Yes they are brown with a hint of green on the edge. Thanks

Friday, September 29, 2017

This hike was not bad. Enough elevation to give you a workout and coming down was faster of course. I would def recommend hike boots for this one. The view half way was pretty cool and there was a rainbow there as well. I didn’t get many pictures because I was with a co worker and we were just talking about random stuff but I would def recommend this trail. There is actual a Model forest trail right next to the start of Hugo so I may come back to do that one too. The top view is not too dandy there are way to many trees blocking the view but this was not too bad I would do it again if I was just getting out the house to hike.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

easy hike. end result is not as exciting as we were hoping. but still a good hike.

Friday, August 18, 2017

Are dogs allowed on this trail?

Monday, July 31, 2017

Not a great view from the top. The best view is actually about half way up. Trail was small and narrow.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Not a bad hike, and very nice view half way up. Not much to see at the top, but there is a journal to write a note in at the top.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017