Hole-in-the-Wall Trail

Hole-in-the-Wall Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Forks, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

From Rialto Beach: 1.5 mile hike to arch and tidepools at Hole-in-the-Wall. One of the best beaches in Washington per Frommers is Rialto Beach. Just north of LaPush, Rialto Beach is at southern end of a 29-mile long stretch of wilderness beach. Mora Rd. runs to parking lot just above Rialto Beach and is a good starting point for hikes. From huge sun bleached logs to tidepools teaming with starfish, to haystack rocks, to huge rounded pebbles along the route to the Hole-in-the-Wall, this stroll is awesome! Most people walk 1 mile up beach to Hole in Wall during low tide, (1.5 miles north of parking lot) which is huge monolith that waves have bored tunnel thru. Don't miss 2nd and 3rd beaches south of La Push too - great photo ops.

sweet views

Hiked on 8/27 in the AM. As other's have pointed out, tide is the key to a successful hike - make sure to monitor tide schedules! I was fortunate that low tide was earlier in the day, which meant that the parking lot was still fairly empty and traffic was minimal.

Keep in mind that this is less of a trail and more of a "beach walk." It's a very peaceful and relaxing walk, as you'd imagine. Be sure to take in the beautiful views and sounds all around you - and keep an eye out for wildlife! The Hole-in-the-Wall was certainly a site to see and exciting to be able to walk through.

Beautiful views, tide pools are awesome and if you wait patiently you will see eagles❤️

If you want to get closer to the Hole in the Wall you should hike in low tide. Beautiful stroll along a pebble filled beach

listen to them and know the tides, I was lucky cuz found out I would arrive at high tide where some places would be impassable. Took my time, stopping in at cape flattery first (looking for a place to propose any time soon) A true wilderness beach where I wore boots to get to due to shin high mud on trail. Also a decent hill you have to descend, they have a rope tho. Definitely 1 of best beaches in lower 48 and feels like a true hike. Made it a day trip but seen families camping down their

Beautiful...stunning views. 3 bald head eagle sightings, gorgeous weather and great walk along the beach. Come prepared to either get your shoes and pants wet or take them off to wade across one section about 25% in toward hole in the wall.

Tide is key here! I barely made it along with a couple from Florida who like myself were walking quickly to get in the hole while the tide steadily rose in front of us! Pretty thrilling! Very beautiful beach hike makes for gorgeous pics in the sun and in the snow/hail as we found!! There is one part a little more than halfway that when the tide comes in you will have to go up into the mouth of the woods and hike thru a little brush and less than obvious trails but then it pops you right back out onto the beach!

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Nice hike.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Very enjoyable, plenty of tide pools & photo ops. If you only have time for a few beaches I would put this on your list, it had everything you expect to see, I never find it too easy walking on sand, unless you can stay on the sand down by the waves

Saturday, July 30, 2016

So amazing! Started in the fog but cleared to sun. The low tide allowed us to go through the hole in wall with the kids. Easy hike for kids but loose sand and rocks were irritating to walk on at times.

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Lots of wildlife out today. Saw a pair of deer walking down the beach, a golden eagle, a family of bald eagles, cormorants, gulls, crabs, etc. Fantastic rock formations!

geocaching
Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Great hike! Be sure to look up the low tide times if you want to do the keyhole! (Within 2 hours and you should be fine.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

We hiked to this in May! I love it! Be sure to get there at low tide so you can get to the other side through the hole in the rock! This is my favorite beach.

Saturday, September 06, 2014

This "hike" is more of a stroll on the beach, and one that you wish would never end. I wish that it went on and on forever. So beautiful and magical in the early morning with all of the fog/mist. We managed to beat the crowds-if there ever is any. Later in the afternoon the fog burned off and were met with bight blue skies. This is definitely kid friendly as it is all flat. You get it all, beach combing, scrambling on huge drift wood/trees washed ashore, a rope swing at Ellen Creek, and tide pools at the end. Loved it.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

this was one of the most awesome short easy trails I can recommend. It was very scenic. I hiked through the "hole" in the wall as the tide was coming in, so the water was rising fast and I didn't have as much time as i had wanted to explore all the cool tidal pools in that area. i would recommend knowing when low tide before hiking.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Beautiful run on the beach. The hole in the wall itself is not that great but makes for a nice destination. Note you may consider the tides as low tide makes for a more eventful visit.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Nice walk on the beach, wouldn't recommend going barefoot though. The tide does sneak up on you so make sure you are familiar with the tide charts. We saw lots of starfish, which was great considering they are losing so many to disease lately. Be especially aware of the tides going through the arch. We went through, stayed about 15 minutes and came back to find our path almost completely gone. It doesn't look like the level rises very much or very fast, but when your only path back is on rocks that are now underwater it gets a little scary. This is totally worth doing if you come prepared.

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

hole in the wall- this caught my eye one day looking at a map, as something odd. ive seen modern day photos of waves coming in through rock formations, is this what people refer to as hole in the wall? what was told to me by Washington state history museum as I was put on hold, was one entry, by I cant remember who , it is a cave only visible at low tide and it is said to be home to sea animals.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Awesome!! Awesome!!

Friday, October 19, 2012

Really nice beach and very beautiful. The only thing I had issues with was the groups of campers who didn't expose of their waste properly, so you could smell it walking down the beach in some cases. Once we got to the end we had missed the low tide so we couldn't actually walk through the hole. Overall it was a relaxing walk with the wife but I tend to stick with the more vertically challenging walks