Hoh River Trail

Hoh River Trail is a 32.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Forks, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

bridge out

old growth

Access to Mount Olympus Blue Glacier is by the Hoh River Trail. The Blue Glacier Way Trail begins 17.2 miles at Glacier Meadows.

I hiked 3 miles in and turned around at the second waterfall. About half a mile after I turned around, I saw a black bear. It ignored me, and I scurried away. The trail is easy to follow, but kinda muddy. The views are spectacular and I am so glad I made the drive to do this trail. I started early and only saw a few folks on my way in. On my hike out, it was fairly busy.

Walked 26 miles in two days and it was amazing. The scenery made every step worth it. I cannot wait to go back sometime and make it to glacier meadows. Truly amazing

The highlights of this trail were hiking along the hoh river and reaching two waterfalls that fall near the trail. Unless you are planning to get to the mt Olympus trailhead I would suggest turning back at the 2 waterfall which involved you having to cross a stream. You'll know it when you see it. Reason being as you'll have experienced the beauty of this trail and will leave you time to still do the hall of mosses and hoh nature trail for the full rainforest experience. I actually preferred it this way because I ended up seeing more wildlife on the shorter trails.

Hiked three miles in and three miles out. Great way to experience the rain forest and good for people who want a little more than the hall of moss trail offers. Easy to follow

An incredible trail. Hiked from Visitor Center to Elk Lake (over 3 days), camping on the gravel bar at Olympic Campground. Breathtaking scenery of mountains and jaw dropping trees. Perfect weather on our visit. Saw lots of little critters and three bears (mom and two cubs!!) HIGHLY recommended :)

Enjoyable hike , saw deer a bear and great tree scenery

This was a great day-hike but it could easily have been a great backpack-camp. I went in about 6 miles and turned around to come back. Heading out shortly after 9AM, after checking out the visitors' center, the trail was not very busy. Most of my time heading out on the trail was spent in solitude, even when I would stop to check out another beautiful vantage point. But, heading back, now in the afternoon, the traffic was much heavier. I stopped frequently to let other hikers by (those heading into the trail). Trail etiquette was generally observed.

I have only a slight elevation gain on my hike, but I turned around before the big gain. This was a decent hike without being strenuous. There were muddy spots that needed to be negotiated and I did land knee-deep in a muddy stream while crossing a log (trying to avoid stepping on a millipede that was also crossing the log). But, I don't mind getting a little dirty on hikes. There were also roots and rocks along the way. None of it too challenging but I can imagine a more casual hiker may have. Even annoyed. Some hikers, I noticed, had poles. While I don't like carrying extra baggage, I can see how they could be useful.

For almost the entire hike, I could hear the river and/or waterfalls. It's just what I needed.

Lovely and nice path to follow.

Gorgeous!