Hoh Rain Forest Hall of Moss

Hoh Rain Forest Hall of Moss is a 1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Forks, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Pleasant walk in a lovely, lush, green forest. Definitely worth a visit, and it doesn't take very long at all.

Easy, but lots of beautiful biodiversity.

An easy stroll and mostly paved. The best thing about it is that it is so diverse from other trails. I went on Oct 31. The drive to the forest was beautiful too with all the fall colors popping.

A great place that I’ll need to revisit a few times! We got there a little later in the day so we had less light to work with. Out for about 2 hours and I remember being upset when we agreed to leave because I hadn’t started to feel tired from the hike!

Hiked this today, October 28, 2017. Super easy loop, great for any hiker at any level. Like nothing I've ever seen before. I recommend doing the Hall of Moss loop then the Spruce loop. Nice and casual.

This is a beautiful trail. So green. The maple grove draped in long moss is stunning. There are many old growth trees that are enormous. The creek area is gorgeous. Elk sometimes show in the area (I didn't see them). I'm shocked this doesn't have 5 stars.

Absolutely gorgeous for an easy walk. The sun streaming through the moss makes it look like a fairytale.

The Hall of Moss was beautiful. I'm sure it would look different during spring/rainy season. We were there on a Saturday and had to wait awhile to get through the gate. There were a lot of people, but it was totally worth it. There were also some elk in the river as we were driving through!

The trees are pretty, the Hoh River is beautiful, we got to see an elk drinking from a stream.

There are WAY. TOO. MANY. PEOPLE. This is typical I assume, especially as we were there Memorial Day weekend, and had to wait in traffic an hour to even get in the gate. Walking on the trail was no fun because you're basically walking in a line the entire way. People are stopping and going, taking pictures, etc. If I'd known how it would be, we never would have attempted it. Not worth the time and sanity it required.

Short and sweet walk in the rainforest

Beautiful, easy hike.

Wonderful short trail - these maple groves are a must see when visiting the park.

This is primarily a walking trail with some uphill steps. The area was heavily trafficked and going in mid August, the moss was somewhat dried. I also walked/hiked on the Hoh River trail, which was less trafficked and more lush.

Easy hike, great for kids. Was really crowded when we went, which was kind of a bummer, but oh well. Got to see wildlife and gorgeous trees. I would Love to see it in late spring when things are a bit greener.

Excellent in its simplicity. Mostly flat land and accessible to just about anyone. Great way to get a taste of the rain forest for those not looking to delve into a multiple mile day trip. It also serves as a nice warm-up for the Hoh River Trail, located close by.

so sweet for a very easy hike. Stunning scenery! Just beautiful.

absolutely stunning! we went in the summer so it seemed kind of dry I expected more of a Rain Forest feel and environment like the Amazon almost. mainly because the moss in my mind would desire more moisture. but the rainforest was kind of dry. however this does not take away from the beauty of this hike. 100% recommended. easy hike as well.

This was my second time on this trail. Easy and short, but beautiful trees are like nothing elsewhere. I would advise taking time to enjoy some of the other trails around it as well.

Love the Hall of Mosses, very beautiful sight to see. Populated hike and great for all skill levels. NO DOGS ON THIS TRAIL Great pictures to treasure forever. There are a few other hikes you can enjoy as well.