Hoh Rain Forest Hall of Moss

Hoh Rain Forest Hall of Moss is a 1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Forks, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Peaceful, lightly populated, beautiful, light rainfall, easy hike and family friendly.

Great train in Olympic forest , peaceful

Easy trail with interesting forest views. We had a 5 yr old with us and she had a good time.
The trail info center was small, it did have a National Park Passport stamp.

Easy hike with beautiful lush scenery. Short and great if you only have 15-20 minutes to explore.

Nice hike for someone who has limited fitness and mobility who wants to enjoy the outdoors and get a sampling of what the Hoh Rain Forest has to offer.

Quick easy hike with some stunning and beautiful trees. Wish it was a bit longer though.

Very nice walk. Not intense at all. Awesome forest full of huge trees over hundreds years old. Highly recommended.

An enchanting part of the world. The only temperate rainforest in the world: a must see!

So beautiful! Huge trees totally covered in Moss for the whole trail. It made me want to do the whole Hoh River trail when I have time.

It is so beautiful. A nice easy to follow loop with information about plants that you can read as you go along. There are also poems about nature by different poets, such as William Wordsworth, Theodore Roethke, Langston Hughes. Beautiful green mosses drape the trees. There is a short side trail to a cute maple grove.

Pretty scenery with lots of informational signs about the flora. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of people and loud because of it. Great for people at all levels! An average person can probably do it in about 20 minutes, so it doesn't take long. Add it on to another hike in the area!

Pouring rain when we were there but very pretty. Short and easy loop.

Super interesting to see the foliage in a temperate rainforest! Super easy hike, more of a walk, and the drive in to the trail heads was a great view too.

easy scenic hike. all levels can do this

beautiful scenery year-round. i highly recommend a visit in mid Autumn though for the myriad of colors and depth throughout the trail.

Very easy walk around an incredible environment

Beautiful hike. Very accessible, easy going but nevertheless transports you to a different planet. More of a nature-walk than hike.

Pleasant walk in a lovely, lush, green forest. Definitely worth a visit, and it doesn't take very long at all.

Easy, but lots of beautiful biodiversity.

An easy stroll and mostly paved. The best thing about it is that it is so diverse from other trails. I went on Oct 31. The drive to the forest was beautiful too with all the fall colors popping.

A great place that I’ll need to revisit a few times! We got there a little later in the day so we had less light to work with. Out for about 2 hours and I remember being upset when we agreed to leave because I hadn’t started to feel tired from the hike!

Hiked this today, October 28, 2017. Super easy loop, great for any hiker at any level. Like nothing I've ever seen before. I recommend doing the Hall of Moss loop then the Spruce loop. Nice and casual.

This is a beautiful trail. So green. The maple grove draped in long moss is stunning. There are many old growth trees that are enormous. The creek area is gorgeous. Elk sometimes show in the area (I didn't see them). I'm shocked this doesn't have 5 stars.

Absolutely gorgeous for an easy walk. The sun streaming through the moss makes it look like a fairytale.

The Hall of Moss was beautiful. I'm sure it would look different during spring/rainy season. We were there on a Saturday and had to wait awhile to get through the gate. There were a lot of people, but it was totally worth it. There were also some elk in the river as we were driving through!

The trees are pretty, the Hoh River is beautiful, we got to see an elk drinking from a stream.

There are WAY. TOO. MANY. PEOPLE. This is typical I assume, especially as we were there Memorial Day weekend, and had to wait in traffic an hour to even get in the gate. Walking on the trail was no fun because you're basically walking in a line the entire way. People are stopping and going, taking pictures, etc. If I'd known how it would be, we never would have attempted it. Not worth the time and sanity it required.

Short and sweet walk in the rainforest

Beautiful, easy hike.

Wonderful short trail - these maple groves are a must see when visiting the park.